Schneider Electric Applications Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schneider Electric Applications Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.8

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schneider Electric in February 2013.

Interview

Phone call with hiring manager then another phone call with another regional manager and then in person interview with 4 other individuals. Technical questions about experience in the phone interviews and situational behavioral in the in person

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schneider Electric

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, phone interview with manager
    Three hour in person interview with manager, lead of hardware team, and vp of ops
    Everything was pretty casual, questions about education / projects, hobbies, personality / work ethic

Interview Questions

• FizBuzz programming question   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume at a career fair in my school. Got an email from the HR a few weeks later to take a video interview (HireVue) where you record yourself answering to a preset list of questions (All behavioral, nothing technical). Waited 3 weeks and got another email to setup a WebEx (video conference) interview with the hiring manager for this specific position. He basically went over my experiences on my resume in detail and asked maybe a couple of behavioral questions. Then I had to wait 3 more weeks to get an email saying that I couldn't move forward due to their business conditions.

These were the HireVue questions -
    1. What do you know about the company and what prompted you to apply for this position?
    2. Why did you choose your major? What do you like the most and least about it?
    3. Time when you had to work with an incompetent team member.
    4. Time when you went above and beyond the call of duty to get things done.
    5. Time when you faced criticism for your work.
    6. Time when you had difficulties in a project and how did you overcome it? What was the result?
    7. What are your strengths?
    8. Something that you learned new? Why was that learning significant?
    9. Greatest accomplishment in the past year? Why was it so?
    10. Where do you see your career going in the next 5 years?

For the video interview -
    I had to know my resume in and out - which was very technical. The interviewer also asked me the following behavioral questions -
    1. Time when you had to consider someone else's opinion.
    2. What is your ideal job?
    3. What do you look for in a supervisor?
    4. Time when you went an extra mile to get things done.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I was asked your typical personality based questions and a few simple technical questions. Be relaxed and answer honestly, they go easy on you. It seems that they are just checking if you will fit well in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      what do your colleagues think of you?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Nashville, TN) in January 2014.

Interview

The initial interview was by people from HR. Then a pool of college students were selected to attend the interview process in Nashville, TN. We had individual interview and a tour of the facility The individual interview was with people from the department you were interviewing with. It was overall a great experience and seemed like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you had to work in a team and what roll did you play?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Interview was relaxed. They were more interested in whether you would fit in with the employees and work culture. Since the company has such a diverse portfolio of products, the division you work for trains you extensively before you start any actual work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult or incompetent team member   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in India, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (India, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

They asked about my technical skills and background platform i have worked on and what projects have i worked on. They asked about functional and behavioural questions. The process is easy and recruiters were friendly.

Interview Questions

• what is the longest you have workeD?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

I had multiple phone interviews with different persons from different departments with different titles. I also had two 1-on-1 interviews. One technical + HR interview for 90 minutes with technical questionnaire to fill and the other was a quick 20 minutes inter-personal kind of interview few days later.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a colleague who refuses to work with you as per your suggestions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seneca, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Seneca, SC) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview was about an hour long and included a tour of the manufacturing plant. The engineering manager, engineering supervisor and human resources representative were all present and individually ask very basic questions. The interview questions were primarily about my college courses, and leadership experiences as well as interpreting basic electrical control drawings. I was never asked about a requested salary.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to interpret explain how a basic electrical control diagram worked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in La Vergne, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (La Vergne, TN).

Interview

I was hired as a contractor, so after the agency cleared me I had a battery of three interviews in one day. Typically the interview process is panel-style where there are multiple interviewers for each candidate.

Interview Questions

• Draw a circuit diagram of the room you are sitting in. Other questions were about customer relationship management and experience.   Answer Question