Schneider Electric Applications Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.8

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schneider Electric in March 2013.

Interview

I had an interview on campus with a recruiter. The interview focused mostly on my resume and about Schneider electric. I was invited to interview on site. There was a dinner the night before the interviews. The day consisted of 3 interviews, a tour, lunch, a brief presentation, and Q/A. Each interview consisted of a few behavioral questions. There were plenty of opportunities to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. Just general behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schneider Electric

Anonymous Employee in India, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (India, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

They asked about my technical skills and background platform i have worked on and what projects have i worked on. They asked about functional and behavioural questions. The process is easy and recruiters were friendly.

Interview Questions

• what is the longest you have workeD?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schneider Electric in February 2013.

Interview

Phone call with hiring manager then another phone call with another regional manager and then in person interview with 4 other individuals. Technical questions about experience in the phone interviews and situational behavioral in the in person

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric in January 2013.

Interview

Quite long interview process. Went through the non typical university route, which appears to be the norm around here. Multiple phone interviews and then a face to face with 4 individuals. The whole process wasn't too bad. I was fairly informed through each step. There weren't long periods of no response/silence.

Interview Questions

• Basically talk about your previous experience. Mostly situational stuff and how you can handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Tried twice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Memphis, TN) in November 2011.

Interview

They fly you to the site and book you in a hotel. The next morning a shuttle comes to pick you up and take you to their facility. The day begins with a presentation regarding the company and its goals. Next, each department head gives a description of their department as well as the position available. (Interviews were for several positions.) Everyone is assigned an interviewer for a specified amount of time. The first interviewer asked generic behavioral questions. The next interviewer asked more technical questions regarding your resume. The last interviewer asked academic questions about classes taken as well as extra curricular activities. Next, you have lunch and get the chance to sit and talk with all of the interviewers to ask questions. Finally, you take a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• What is an exciter and how does it work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Nashville, TN) in March 2011.

Interview

This was a preliminary phone interview through my campus career center. It went very smoothly mostly consisting of simple questions and 4 complex behavioral questions. Was very conversational and recruiter quickly put me at ease. I have accepted a second round interview, and will update when the outcome of that is known. Would like a little more information on the position, had to get most of it from the recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Raleigh, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview went pretty good and the questions are mostly to determine your personality and ability to interact with people. They are very simple and nice people. The reply from the interview took 2 weeks but I got a favorable offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you been in a leading position where you were working in a group? and how did you handle?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in La Vergne, TN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (La Vergne, TN) in April 2010.

Interview

General questions about background and personality based.

Interview Questions

• Did your peer or supervisor ever find a fault with your work. What did you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

A company HR person called me and conducted a preliminary interview. After the first telephone interview with HR person, I was contacted by hiring manager for another 30 minute phone call interview. I was then asked to travel nearly 425 miles to meet mid morning (out of state) with several different people at their manufacturing facility. I was passed from one person to another for several times until I had spoken with Hiring manger, HR person, Employee Development manager, and other personnel. I was then taken to lunch and then told that was all for the day.

I never heard back for weeks. The HR contact practiced a clear pattern of avoidance and deception. After continued requests for the status of the job I was told by the HR person that she had to contact the hiring manager and that it would be a few days or so. (Just enough time for her to go into their system and have the automated message go out to tell me how impressive I was , but not as good as another candidate.) Several hours later I got another email that said the position had been cancelled due to "business reasons." The next day I got the same message about how they filled the position with another candidate. So which is it ?? It is a clear pattern of deception. I would avoid this company because if they can't even be honest about a position, then what else would they be dishonest about ???

Interview Questions

• Have you ever watched the show "Lie to Me?"   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I was asked your typical personality based questions and a few simple technical questions. Be relaxed and answer honestly, they go easy on you. It seems that they are just checking if you will fit well in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      what do your colleagues think of you?   Answer Question