Schneider Electric Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schneider Electric Design Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 different people on 2 different days

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They reduce your salary requirement by offering high bonuses which never materialize.

Other Interview Reviews for Schneider Electric

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vadodara (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Vadodara (India)).

Interview

I was called on phone by R&D head to check my interest in Schneider Electric (then Areva t&d). It followed with few technical and current work related questions. He was very polite inn the manner and was motivating me to answer correctly.
    After a week I had face to face interview with my to be boss. He sked most of the basic questions on switchgear. It went well and I was further interviewed by R&D head and informed that he is ready recruit me.
    Entire process went hassle free. Even they agreed on interview dates suggested for my convenience

Engineering Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patiala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Patiala (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

First they conduct an online written aptitude test which is of 60 min duration and of 60 questions. On the same day they announce the result and shortlisted candidates was supposed to give another test which is Psychometric test and this round is not elimination round. CGPA is one of the factors they consider for this profile

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your family background?   1 Answer
    • Why Your CGPA is low (7.03)?   Answer Question
    • which subjects do you like?   2 Answers
    • they replied that they already ask these subjects from previous students.what are the subjects you have in this semester(7)?   Answer Question
    • Then they ask me questions from electric drive. What is electric drive? How you control the speed of a motor? give an example where you are supposed to control the speed of a motor.
      They ask me question on transformer? what is tap changer? types of tap changer. What is OLTC? What is vector group? Types of transformer on the basis of cooling? Then they ask me to draw SLD of the power plant where I did my training.How the transformer is connected with generator?. What is LA? what is %impedance. difference between power and distribution transformer and Their efficiencies? What is C.T. and its uses? Circuit diagram of tubelight and ceiling fan.What is circuit breaker, types of CB.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Questions on general product development process cycle, problems encountered, past experience... etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer is not negotiable.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

just go with the project what you have done till date.prepare the basic of subject related.brush up your knowledge of academics..so many round of interview ,it's kill the time of interviewer and interviewee both.hence stop this nonsense.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Mumbai (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

Straight Forward and Knowledge oriented & Personality oriented.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Process was fast with a competitive offer.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cikarang, West Java (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Cikarang, West Java (Indonesia)) in May 2010.

Interview

The interviewer is the head of technical department. Initially I thought that I would be asked about my motivation and such, but instead of that, the questions were mainly about Power System Protection, my on the job practice experience, etc.
    So basically I flunked, but thankfully I still remembered a some materials back from college.

Interview Questions

• Describe the mechanism of the bucholz relay as a protection for power transformers   1 Answer

Negotiation

go and reach for the stars