Schneider Electric Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.7

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn. I had a total of 3 interviews. One was online where you respond to a set of questions and record your response. The second was a phone interview with the Recruiter who asked the usual questions about what you're looking for and why you want to work there. The last interview had me first shadow and employee to see what the work life was about and if it interested me. Then was an interview with the manager and lead in the department. They were both very friendly asking about things from your experience and how they related to the position you are applying for. One hour later, I received a call with an offer. From there you have a week to accept or decline it.

Interview Questions

• If a large client such as WalMart called in and no one was in the office, even technical support, except you and they are requesting a immediate replacement without having it checked even though that is against company policy, what would you do?   Answer Question
  • You have 30 seconds to think of a topic and give me a 2 minute presentation about it. Go!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schneider Electric

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Engaging conversation between me and two managers. Managers grade you on a scale and see if you are a good fit for the position according to their numbers. Also shadowed for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Kingston, RI) in February 2015.

Interview

The first interview is video based. This means that you have to record yourself and answer basic questions about your interest at Schneider Electric, what are your aptitudes and any previous experience with customer support.

Interview Questions

• Did you have any experience when dealing with an angry customer or a customer that complained about the product you are selling?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Costa Mesa, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

It was mellow. Manager's at the time of interview were very laid back and treated the interview like a conversation. They would ask questions, give you their expectations and they were very honest about what the role was like.

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical like: How long do you see yourself doing a role like this for? Why do you want to be a part of this team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Kingston, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (West Kingston, RI) in January 2014.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, two over the phone interviews and one 2-hour in person interview.

At the on site interview, all the staff was pleasent and the interview fell by. They asked great questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I interviewed on a Thursday and was offered the job the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Providence, RI) in November 2013.

Interview

One phone interview, on campus interview and a large interview event that i was flown too. The entire process took about 1 month but just long waits in between interviews. This is just one of the possible ways it can go, I knew several people who only had a phone screening and a quick in person interview for the same job. Depends on the timing

Interview Questions

• various situationals, describe a time when you overcame a difficult situation at work. describe a time you managed an difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Kingston, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (West Kingston, RI) in November 2012.

Interview

Process started with a 1-on-1 interview at my university, which was exceedingly casual and lasted about fifteen minutes total. Second round was a two-day event that included a dinner with mostly HR employees and a few current ISR's sprinkled in the mix. Very nice and all expenses were paid. The second interview followed the dinner, after a tour of the facility, a few HR presentations, and a nice lunch. Second interview was conducted by one of the HR employees from the dinner and another, younger employee. Questions ranged from technical electric to hypothetical role-playing in a support scenario (read: sell me this pencil, etc). Second interview lasted about an hour, though it felt I was pushed out at the end. Overall, a very nice experience with an impressive company.

Interview Questions

• What kind of AC power plug is used in the United States?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Kingston, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (West Kingston, RI) in November 2012.

Interview

Approached at college career fair event and talked to a current inside sales representative about how my technical and business skills from previous internships would benefit the company. Had a 1:1 interview the next day at the career fair, followed by a quick phone interview a week later to schedule an onsite interview in RI or CA. At RI all accommodations were paid for and reimbursed, and spent a couple of day hearing current employees success story and touring the plant. Concluded the day with a 2:1 interview with a couple of managers.

Interview Questions

• SMART approach to Q&A. What's that on the wall and describe it? (electrical outlet)   Answer Question

Base salary was below my desire compensation.

Anonymous Employee in West Kingston, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (West Kingston, RI) in December 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by a 1 on 1 interview at the company headquarters (all expenses paid... food, hotel, rental car, flight). The interview was comfortable. It was conducted by a "Team Leader" who is normal very young and is on the track to bigger and better things, which makes the outlook a bit more rosy.

Interview Questions

• How many pay phones are in new york city?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Kingston, RI

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (West Kingston, RI) in May 2010.

Interview

I first had a one on one interview with the HR lady after I submitted my resume online. It was a very relaxed and basic interview- more of a conversation then anything. She liked me and asked me to come in for an interview at the company headquarters in a few weeks. Within that time I had to take a couple of online aptitude/personality tests. The day of the on-site interview was a recruitment day where they had about 20 candidates interviewing for about 10 jobs (ISR and Engineering). This consisted of a company presentation, job shadow, 2 on 1 interview (including some brain teaser questions), and lastly an HR/benefits presentation. Overall it was a very positive experience, the interview was not overly difficult, and everyone was very friendly. It felt like they were actually investing time in trying to get to know you. The atmosphere was young and relaxed, the vast majority of employees are right out of college.

Interview Questions

• Brain teasers- ex. How many phone booths are in NYC?   2 Answers
    • Various technical questions about electricity and technology products.   Answer Question