Schneider Electric Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schneider Electric Engineering Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.9

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

Applied through college job portal, received email about phone interview 3 weeks later. The interview was brief, only 10 minutes, and was just asking for clarification on resume and behavioral questions.

Electronics Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric.

Interview

Its first screening round. Its powered by hirevue.It contains 6 recored qs ,which are non technical with a time response of 3min.The qs were recorded videos of HR.Your response is automatically recored and once done with 6 answers,they would be submitted. It takes two weeks to update your job status. Offer would be given only after second round.My review is based on first round,result and time.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, phone interview with manager
    Three hour in person interview with manager, lead of hardware team, and vp of ops
    Everything was pretty casual, questions about education / projects, hobbies, personality / work ethic

Interview Questions

• FizBuzz programming question   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Burnsville, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Standard phone interviews consisting of an HR screening and a more technical interview. The HR screening had some basic behavior questions, and focused a lot on my internship and academic background. The technical interview focused mostly on an overview of the technologies stacks that I was familiar with, not diving very in-depth on testing any of my system design or programming skills.

Interview Questions

• Past experience, behavioral questions, familiarity with certain technologies   Answer Question

Industrial Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Questions were about what I did during my internship program. I explained about the software that used during my internship and why I should use them, how the special software work. The other question was about what I know about this company and why I choose it to apply for.

Interview Questions

• why did you choose this company?
      How did you get familiar with it?
      Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Vergne, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (La Vergne, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager asked a lot of questions. After each answer, he kept asking Why?. The questions were easy. tell me about yourself? where do you see yourself in 5 years? Strengths and weakness? why you want to work for the company at this time?

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself with the company within 5 years?   Answer Question

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Fayetteville, AR) in July 2016.

Interview

We met at cafe and had the interviewing Process. And I also met on LinkedIn. I talk about about my experiences and learned through the process. Then I met up with my future boss and we discussed about the job, the skills needed, the time, and then the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked about past work experiences? How i accomplish goals and tasks? What did I find most difficult?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Nashville, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

At first I was asked to do a recorded interview through some website. Questions were basic and all were behavioral. I received an email the day after and asked to do a phone interview with the hiring manager. He was the Technical Lead here in Nashville area. He asked some behavioral questions and couple technical questions. They were all fair for an entry level engineer. The interview was going great until he asked me if I would need a sponsorship in the future. I told him that I have a work permit visa and I could legally work for up to three years and after that yes, I'd need a sponsorship. He ended up the interview saying the HR will contact you for the next step of the process but I never heard anything back.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself as in 5 years?
      Your strength and weaknesses?
      Team and individual projects you've done in college?
      What do you know about leadership development?
      Difference between AC and DC circuits?
      Difference between single phase and three phase power?
      Answer Question

IT QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Omaha, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

First there was a one-way recorded interview involving answering several questions (such as, why are you looking for a new position, and one question that was an example scenario asking what tests would you do. There was limited time for each so had to organize thoughts quickly.
    Next was in-person interview with the manager. Third would have been a second interview with another manager (I think) that would ask technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job. What would your manager say about you.   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume at a career fair in my school. Got an email from the HR a few weeks later to take a video interview (HireVue) where you record yourself answering to a preset list of questions (All behavioral, nothing technical). Waited 3 weeks and got another email to setup a WebEx (video conference) interview with the hiring manager for this specific position. He basically went over my experiences on my resume in detail and asked maybe a couple of behavioral questions. Then I had to wait 3 more weeks to get an email saying that I couldn't move forward due to their business conditions.

These were the HireVue questions -
    1. What do you know about the company and what prompted you to apply for this position?
    2. Why did you choose your major? What do you like the most and least about it?
    3. Time when you had to work with an incompetent team member.
    4. Time when you went above and beyond the call of duty to get things done.
    5. Time when you faced criticism for your work.
    6. Time when you had difficulties in a project and how did you overcome it? What was the result?
    7. What are your strengths?
    8. Something that you learned new? Why was that learning significant?
    9. Greatest accomplishment in the past year? Why was it so?
    10. Where do you see your career going in the next 5 years?

For the video interview -
    I had to know my resume in and out - which was very technical. The interviewer also asked me the following behavioral questions -
    1. Time when you had to consider someone else's opinion.
    2. What is your ideal job?
    3. What do you look for in a supervisor?
    4. Time when you went an extra mile to get things done.