Schneider Electric Interview Questions in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.9

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Vergne, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (La Vergne, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager asked a lot of questions. After each answer, he kept asking Why?. The questions were easy. tell me about yourself? where do you see yourself in 5 years? Strengths and weakness? why you want to work for the company at this time?

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself with the company within 5 years?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Nashville, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

At first I was asked to do a recorded interview through some website. Questions were basic and all were behavioral. I received an email the day after and asked to do a phone interview with the hiring manager. He was the Technical Lead here in Nashville area. He asked some behavioral questions and couple technical questions. They were all fair for an entry level engineer. The interview was going great until he asked me if I would need a sponsorship in the future. I told him that I have a work permit visa and I could legally work for up to three years and after that yes, I'd need a sponsorship. He ended up the interview saying the HR will contact you for the next step of the process but I never heard anything back.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself as in 5 years?
      Your strength and weaknesses?
      Team and individual projects you've done in college?
      What do you know about leadership development?
      Difference between AC and DC circuits?
      Difference between single phase and three phase power?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Nashville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume at a career fair in my school. Got an email from the HR a few weeks later to take a video interview (HireVue) where you record yourself answering to a preset list of questions (All behavioral, nothing technical). Waited 3 weeks and got another email to setup a WebEx (video conference) interview with the hiring manager for this specific position. He basically went over my experiences on my resume in detail and asked maybe a couple of behavioral questions. Then I had to wait 3 more weeks to get an email saying that I couldn't move forward due to their business conditions.

These were the HireVue questions -
    1. What do you know about the company and what prompted you to apply for this position?
    2. Why did you choose your major? What do you like the most and least about it?
    3. Time when you had to work with an incompetent team member.
    4. Time when you went above and beyond the call of duty to get things done.
    5. Time when you faced criticism for your work.
    6. Time when you had difficulties in a project and how did you overcome it? What was the result?
    7. What are your strengths?
    8. Something that you learned new? Why was that learning significant?
    9. Greatest accomplishment in the past year? Why was it so?
    10. Where do you see your career going in the next 5 years?

For the video interview -
    I had to know my resume in and out - which was very technical. The interviewer also asked me the following behavioral questions -
    1. Time when you had to consider someone else's opinion.
    2. What is your ideal job?
    3. What do you look for in a supervisor?
    4. Time when you went an extra mile to get things done.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Interview was relaxed. They were more interested in whether you would fit in with the employees and work culture. Since the company has such a diverse portfolio of products, the division you work for trains you extensively before you start any actual work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult or incompetent team member   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in La Vergne, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (La Vergne, TN).

Interview

I was hired as a contractor, so after the agency cleared me I had a battery of three interviews in one day. Typically the interview process is panel-style where there are multiple interviewers for each candidate.

Interview Questions

• Draw a circuit diagram of the room you are sitting in. Other questions were about customer relationship management and experience.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Nashville, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

One-on-One Supervisor interview, followed by Panel Interview. Quick tour around the office was offered to familiarize with area/department. They asked about personality, how I deal with confrontation, work ethic, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress? What are some pet peeves you have within your given department?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied Online via University Career Website. Was called for an interview. Interview was 1 hour and consisted mainly of personality questions and explanations of background. They are very professional and courteous. Seem like a wonderful company.

Operations Advanced Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Nashville, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

First Round: On Campus or Phone Interview
    Second Interview:
    -Flown to Nashville, TN.
    -Interviews were with half of all potential candidates. Engineering Sales and Operations were being interviewed at the same time.
    -Dinner at night, executive speaker and drinks at the hotel bar/restaurant.
    -Next day is a tour and two 1:1 interviews with hiring managers, along with a benefits presentation and a panel consisting of current ADPs.
    Decision: Reached decision within a week for all candidates

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Set salary for all ADPs. No negotiation available. Salary was competitive.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Nashville, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

Process took 2 weeks with initial short interview followed by final interviews. Final interviews done in-person and consisted of two 1-hour interviews, preceded by a networking opportunity the night before.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you were faced with a difficult dilemma or decision. Explain the problem and how did you go about solving the dilemma or making the decision?   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schneider Electric (Nashville, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

Was fairly standard but the whole process took much longer than normal. I interviewed in August and then didn't hear from them in so long I didn't think it was an option anymore.

Interview Questions

• They asked standard programming questions and some questions about projects I had been on.   Answer Question