Schneider Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2017

2.8

Director of New Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (Green Bay, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

phone interview with Green Bay HR and then followed by a face to face with CDN Manager and then a face to face with VP of Canada. Additionla interviews in Green Bay -intense back to back meetings C levels in Green Bay- Fly in for the day to have 5 interviews

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Interview

I sent my application in and got called for a phone interview and was asked back for a personal interview. The personal interview was a panel interview with 2 guys and myself which made it kind of intimidating. They went back and forth asking questions and taking notes and the questions were very difficult, all behavior based.

Truck Driver - Regional Dry Van Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (Green Bay, WI) in August 2011.

Interview

Went to HG to talk to recruiter, then had to apply online at home. Phone interveiw and setup for Drug Test ( urine and hair folicle) and DOT Phyisical (waived due to having it done just 2 months prior). Called back with Test ID numbers and was emailed the next avaible orientation dates, time, hotel information.

Go to Green Bay, WI and stay at hotel (Ramada Plaza) which had horrid Key Cards that require at least 1 recharge per day. Consiere service driver drives the van like he's a stunt car driver (AVOID HOTEL TRANSPORT). Room is free for 1 week orientation time; must be able to wake up by 6am to get on Schneider's Bus which is driven by the training teacher.

1 Week training in classroom and Road. They will expect you to do old school trip planning even though they use the Qualcom system which has a GPS. The lunch provided at the training building is mediocore, but better than the rationed breakfast they serve at the hotel at 5:00am.

After 1 week Oreintation, they will tell you who your road trainer will be, or if one hasn't been found.. call you with their name. Recruiter told me you get a week off after the week orientation before going road training. My trainer called me the same day wanted me out in Janesville, WI to meet him Sunday night at 10pm.

You'll be expected to skip up to 3 gears when accellerating or decellerating as your driving; My trainer has the Qualcom GPS and his own (non-truck) GPS in the truck which made directions confusing for me. You'll drive up too 500 miles radius from where you where picked up and be the runner for the trainer to open doors, strap loads, and interact with the customers. You'll have to bring money for your own meals and other monetary items. My trainer only ate at resturants on the road. Bring a pillow for sleeping ( I didn't and used my backpack i brought with my things as a pillow). They'll expect you to bring everything (and it's ALOT) from the Green Bay facility with you.

Total you could spent back to back up to 4 weeks away from home training. You only get 450$ per week during training from the 1 week at Green Bay, WI til your hired on. You can only be hired on if the training driver okay's you for road service.

Interview Questions

• How Long ago did you get your CDL?   1 Answer
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

I was accepted thru training up to the final day of my week training on the road. But I couldn't get the hang of the "bump n run" shifting ( the required Schneider Shifting method of skipping 3 or more gears as you down or up shift). The training driver agreed and after a talk with the Driver Support Manager, I was told either I could stay in the truck another week with the trainer, go back to Green Bay, WI, or opt out for now.

I chose to opt out because I didn't have the money to stay another week, nor to go back to Green Bay, WI for another week. The shifting style they use is very demanding and how they teach it adds alot of stress and confusion to your already full plate while operating the truck. Most of the time I was told to watch the mph... then the tachometer. Shortly after I was told not to and to just listen to what the truck sounds like. All very counter-intuitive from what I learned in my driving course in Sun Prairie, WI.

They are a great company to go to if your fully versed in their shifting techniques or are very good at multitasking while driving. You may also have a good time at training, They require roomates in the hotel rooms; so you might get a nice roommate ( i didn't...) and both laugh at the instructor who sounds like arnold shwartzaneger.

Driver Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a panel interview over Skype. It was an internal process so it was a breeze. There was a panel of three that asked challenging questions regarding my current position and my ability to use my skills in the new position. They ran through my resume first, then began engaging questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a situation where you had to coach a colleague?   Answer Question

Logistic Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (Green Bay, WI).

Interview

1 call to confirm your interest
    1 call over the phone interview (30min)
    Basic behavioral questions.
    If they are interested in you they will invite you in for a face to face interview.
    If all goes well you will get a call back hearing you received the position.

Interview Questions

• What is a quality someone else has that you wish you had?   Answer Question

Office Interview

Interview

In depth questions about past work examples., Phone Screening first. Then onsite interview with multiple interviewers who took part in the interview process. Interview was over 1 hour in length

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of interview - HR, Technical 2 rounds. They asked about proficiency in coding and gave some questions to test. Also tested on fundamentals of algorithms in supply chain

Area Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (Green Bay, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

Panel, very behavioral based. Some job experience questions but mostly general behavior questions. Met with one interviewer on the way out and talked about salary expectations. I received an offer the next day. I accepted and started 2 weeks later. I did a sit in after the interviewer to see if I was interested but also so they could see how I interacted with future coworkers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you disagreed with your manager. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (Savannah, GA) in August 2012.

Interview

About a two month process, Phone Interview, then two or three in person interviews. They will fly you into do the interview. Make sure you research the company as they will ask how you can help. All the questions will be situational and in a specific format. If you don't hear back from them within one week from the last interview then they are not interested. Their HR team really runs the company and they will schedule a decision meeting within a week of the last interview to reach a decision.

Interview Questions

• Each person that interview you will ask questions about a specific area. These will be questions about Communications, Technical aspect of the job, Human Resources, Management Style and Goals   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can negotiate time off such as extra vacation but not a lot of leeway on salary.

Internal Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schneider (Green Bay, WI).

Interview

It took place in several stages, beginning with a phone interview from the hiring manager. Then to people with whom I would work. They then had a panel to decide whether I was the person they wanted.