Schneider Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schneider Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Schneider has a standard interview process. Apply on line. Phone interview if you are external canadate. Then usually one interview with a 3 person pannel. The pannel interview is usually about 90 minutes for management roles.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Internal interview, no negotiation.

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider.

Interview

Terrible process. People I met with were awful

Interview Questions

Interview

Initial contact was made by corporate recruiter after online application process. After that it was a phone interview with recruiter. Based on scheduling and distance restrictions, next interview was with manager onsite. Offer was made a few days later via phone and offer letter was sent shortly after.

Interview Questions

• This being a management position, most of the questions were based off of prior management experience.   Answer Question

Interview

First is an initial phone interview. If you do well, then they will ask you to come meet face to face with a few people. They ask a lot of behavioral questions and about leadership. They are very straight forward in their hiring process and fairly quick at getting back to you in a timely matter.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Met a sales manager and sales representative at my school's career fair. The next day I had am interview scheduled with the two gentleman that I met the previous day. They then asked me at the end of the interview if I wanted to continue with the process to then submit my resume and information through their online careers website. I did that and an HR person contacted me within a few days after that. I was at Schneider's office in Chicago for my final interview about two weeks later. I interviewed with two account managers. They were somewhat standoffish, very serious and very professional. And after an hour and a half interview I left and a few days later the HR person called me and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions were just really normal behavioral questions. The most unexpected question was when you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?   Answer Question

I had other opportunities available at my disposal.

Carrier Sales Interview

Interview

Took a phone interview on which they scheduled and in person interview two carrier sales managers I was not impressed. From my understanding they wanted the world, but didn't want to pay.

Better opportunity came across,

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Memphis, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (West Memphis, AR) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview was intense but everyone was nice. I dressed up though I may not have had to. The interview was long. The questions required a lot of reminiscing on my part to past situations.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with negativity in the work place. What did you do.   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Talked about work experience over the phone as well as what I want to drive as. Regional or our. Then they discuss the training process including pay during training.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Typical phone interview followed by an in-person panel interview with a couple of managers. Really nice and wonderful group of people. However, the base pay is the lowest that I've ever been offered in my professional life. Even for an inside sales role, 35k for a base salary is a joke, and with a max comp of 50K, you really aren't putting much food on the table. A first year teacher is breaking 50K in Dallas these days for reference.

To prospective applicants, shop around. Other transportation companies are hiring in the area and offering at least 40K base to start. Otherwise, this would be a great first job for somebody right of college if you like sales. They seem to have a great office culture a well. Just be ready to make lots of cold calls.

Interview Questions

• The typical: Why would you be a good fit for this position? etc.   Answer Question

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schneider (West Palm Beach, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

I contacted Schneider to find out if I really had to spend
    $5-6,000 for a qwick school training to get a truck driving job!!

The answer was "nobody is going to hire you otherwise"
    Looking at the schools management, knowing that they
    want you to throw money at your problems, with great promises,
    I decided to find a very small company willing to help me
    pass my CDL tests in return for some honest driving

Does America have an Education problem?
    NO!! It has a hypocrisy problem!! Self-inflicted lethal wound.....

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to spend the money to get qualified by a Driving School?   1 Answer
    • When do you think you will be available?   1 Answer