Schneider Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schneider Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schneider in May 2016.

Interview

I first went through a 1:1 phone interview. It was mostly reviewing the resume and comparing skills to the job responsibilities. Then, I was called and asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. It was almost entirely behavioral/personality questions. They were very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you convince them to cooperate?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you faced an ethical dilemma.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you did something that you didn't want to do. How did it turn out? What would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schneider (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

first, a phone interview, followed up by a questionaire and then an in person interview. during the in person interview they showed me around the office. In hindsight it seems like a lot of sales interviews (if you get to the in person aspect) expect you to close the job, as if youre closing a sale.

Dont be hesitant to ask "what do you expect from me to move foward?" or "what can i do to prove im the best candidate to hire?"

Interview Questions

• "Name a time you overcame a significant obstacle in your life?"   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schneider.

Interview

I had a recruiter interview then a group interview with 2 people. It was a behavioral interview where they ask a lot of questions on past experiences. Make sure to have a hand full of example stories to back the questions up.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had persuade your boss to go with your idea.   Answer Question

Tanker Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schneider in April 2016.

Interview

The recruiter was very friendly and thorough with qeustions asked and answered. Included salary and training time as well as road time. Recruiter also keeps in touch via email and/or phone calls weekly.

Interview Questions

• Why i chose to change career from what i was doing?   1 Answer

Traffic Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (Winchester, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with corporat recruiter. She did an excellent job. All "tell me about a time" questions. She was candid about position and when asked what my salary expectations were was open that they were a "little high" but I was moved ahead to in person interview. I can honestly say that my in person interview went great. I wouldn't have changed one thing. Again, behavioral styled questions from the panel of two men. Two days later I got a rejection email. I was disappointed but still felt nothing but admiration for Schneider. I felt I was treated fairly and that since my salary expectations were higher than what they ideally wanted to pay, that factored into their decision. End of story, right? Nope. Two weeks later I get a phone call from the corporate recruiter. Asked how I was, told me my name kept rising to the top. Long silence. I finally said "I'm confused, what exactly are you asking me?" She responded that they just wanted to know if I was still available and interested in working for Schneider. I told her "absolutely, yes". She said that was great and then ended the phone conversation. I'm thinking that their first choice candidate didn't work out or another position became available - Hooray! That was over a month ago. Never heard another thing. Oddest interview experience I've ever had. Perfect way for a company to change a positive impression into a negative one in one thoughtless step.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had responsibility for a project that failed.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Screening call w/ corporate recruiter, which, as expected, was a complete waste of time. Principle questions were related to 1) salary requirements (a range was never provided from them, nor would she provide one despite being asked directly twice) and 2) why did I leave prior jobs extending back 15 plus years - how that is remotely relevant to my skills or ability to do the job?. A few questions related to my skills were asked. She couldn't answer any specific questions related to the position itself.

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park Hills, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schneider (Park Hills, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

First of all you go online to their website and look for available jobs. When you find the right job that suits you fill out the application and then one of their recruiters will contact you for a phone interview. The phone interview is just a series of questions and they give you a bit of information about the job you have chosen. This should take about 30 minutes give or take and if you meet the qualifications for the job you will get hired if you agree on the pay.

Interview Questions

• They ask if you hold a current class A CDL.
      They ask how many accidents you've been in, in the last five years.
      They ask how much tractor trailer experience you have.   1 Answer

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schneider (Reno, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

Make sure you have clean driving and criminal record for at least 10 years and they'll hire you. It takes a couple weeks to get through they medical exam, background check and drug test.

Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schneider (Green Bay, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application and resume online, which was followed up by a pre-screen phone invterview. Then followed another phone interview which asked more personal and decision making questions. After, they invited me for a 2 person panel interview followed by a sit in with an associate.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle hearing "no" numerous times a day? If so, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I had two phone calls from a recruiter. 1st one lasted about 7-10 minutes, basic background, my interests and career goals. we scheduled a 2nd phone interview that went well. Interview 2 lasted about 45 minutes. I thought it went well. I was told I would either receive a call for a face to face or an email declining the opportunity to move forward. What a waist. I have 15 years sales experience and I did not even get a face to face?

Interview Questions

• General questions about my goals, experiences, my qualities and limitations.   1 Answer