Schnitzer Steel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schnitzer Steel Interview Questions

2.6

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schnitzer Steel (Portland, OR).

Interview

I applied directly through the website and received a call from the recruiter about a month later. On the day of the interview, I arrived and sat in the waiting room. The recruiter delivered me to the interview room where the interviewers met me.

I emailed the recruiter directly to ask for a status some weeks later and they never responded to my email. I feel as though if people take time out of their day to come to an interview, they deserve a simple response regarding the decision and why they were not chosen.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about a time where you had to drop everything to work on something else?
      - What do you know about the company?
      - Asked a lot of details pertaining to resume & confirmed my skills.
      Answer Question

Senior HRIS Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schnitzer Steel.

Interview

Typical initial recruiter once over, then off to the hiring manager. Was pretty quick once I got to the hiring manager. After speaking with the manager of the department who said she would be scheduling an additional interview with the team manager, I never heard back. So unprofessional. I looked at the longevity of most of the people and seems like they've had major turnover in the last 6 months.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with an HRIS system?   1 Answer

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Schnitzer Steel (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Very simple - didn't ask a lot of questions, they seemed to be in a hurry and it felt more like speed dating. The primary interviewer didn't show for about 15 minutes after the interview.

Management Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schnitzer Steel (Everett, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR recruiter followed by group interview with eight I ndividuals, including the direct line manager. The setting was intimidating, and it was tough to recall all the names and keep focusing on the questions. Questions were as normally would be expected, nothing out of left field. In the end, my experience wasn't as well matched as another candidate's, so there was no offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to improve or don't like about yourself?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schnitzer Steel (Portland, OR) in April 2010.

Interview

Great company, all the interviewers were knowledgeable. I had 3 telephone interviews, 2 group interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would like living on the west coast.   1 Answer