Schnitzer Steel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schnitzer Steel Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2017

2.3

Commercial Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Schnitzer Steel (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

There was about six interviews, one with each senior manager and an IQ/EQ test. They asked in-depth questions about my experience and the things I was interested in professionally and otherwise. There was a strong focus on desire to learn and ability to manage/motivate other people. I was very impressed with the calibre of the managers and the respect with which they treated me as an interviewee.

Interview Questions

• If I knew how to read the COMEX/LME metal pricing indexes.   1 Answer

Customer Service Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schnitzer Steel (Rancho Cordova, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview started as a group interview and then they interviewed each one of us individually. Then they allowed me to interview each of them on their experiences at the company. I thought the interactive interview was a great way for both employee and employer to learn something about each other.

Interview Questions

• How my past experiences will help me in this job?   1 Answer

Site Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Schnitzer Steel (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

They were very accommodating due to my hectic schedule. I had a pre screen with a recruiter. I then had an interview with Hr,and a third phone interview with the hiring manager. This took roughly a week. On my next scheduled day off I had a face to face with the hiring manager. All very cordial and professional.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on safety in the workplace?   1 Answer

Senior HRIS Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schnitzer Steel.

Interview

Typical initial recruiter once over, then off to the hiring manager. Was pretty quick once I got to the hiring manager. After speaking with the manager of the department who said she would be scheduling an additional interview with the team manager, I never heard back. So unprofessional. I looked at the longevity of most of the people and seems like they've had major turnover in the last 6 months.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with an HRIS system?   1 Answer

Management Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schnitzer Steel (Everett, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR recruiter followed by group interview with eight I ndividuals, including the direct line manager. The setting was intimidating, and it was tough to recall all the names and keep focusing on the questions. Questions were as normally would be expected, nothing out of left field. In the end, my experience wasn't as well matched as another candidate's, so there was no offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to improve or don't like about yourself?   Answer Question

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Schnitzer Steel (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Very simple - didn't ask a lot of questions, they seemed to be in a hurry and it felt more like speed dating. The primary interviewer didn't show for about 15 minutes after the interview.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schnitzer Steel (Portland, OR).

Interview

I applied directly through the website and received a call from the recruiter about a month later. On the day of the interview, I arrived and sat in the waiting room. The recruiter delivered me to the interview room where the interviewers met me.

I emailed the recruiter directly to ask for a status some weeks later and they never responded to my email. I feel as though if people take time out of their day to come to an interview, they deserve a simple response regarding the decision and why they were not chosen.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about a time where you had to drop everything to work on something else?
      - What do you know about the company?
      - Asked a lot of details pertaining to resume & confirmed my skills.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schnitzer Steel (Portland, OR) in May 2010.

Interview

Great interview process, the recruiter kept in touch the whole time and guided me through the process. I knew what to expect the whole way through.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were very fair with the salary the recruiter asked me my salary history in our first conversation and they were right on cue with what I was expecting.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schnitzer Steel (Portland, OR) in April 2010.

Interview

Great company, all the interviewers were knowledgeable. I had 3 telephone interviews, 2 group interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would like living on the west coast.   1 Answer

Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schnitzer Steel (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

I was brought in for a interview to be a site manager. it lasted about 20 minutes I was told basically that the previse two people had be let go for safety and job performance but they knew that they were stealing just couldn't prove it..
    they offered me a sizeable amount more than I was making at my current job a few days latter that was much better than I thought would be.

Interview Questions

• not real questions were asked what p&l exp did I have. payroll exp did I have   Answer Question