Scholastic Book Fairs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.4

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scholastic Book Fairs (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

There were two phone interviews; Human Resources then a director. After that an on site committee interview with three people; two were Vice Presidents and one was a General Manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you develop, manage and lead a diverse team located remotely?   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scholastic Book Fairs (Kennesaw, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and if they are interested they will invite you to come to the warehouse and will show you exactly what you will be doing. If you are interested, they will schedule an interview and complete the paperwork and hiring process which includes a background check. In about a week, if all goes well with the background check, they will put you on the work schedule.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I would do if I saw someone stealing from the company.   1 Answer

Book Fair Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scholastic Book Fairs (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Phone and in person local interview. Both interviews were pretty straight forward. Discussed my experience with Book Fairs and gave me more information as to the job expectations. The interviews happened rather quickly after I applied. The salary was discussed up front. Both interviewers were knowledgeable and friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No salary negotiation, it was set. Hours are somewhat flexible since you set your own appointments so no negotiation was needed.

Scetretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scholastic Book Fairs (Draper, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

Manager was very friendly, i had to fill out a paper application when i filled one out on line. Talk to regional HR a few times before getting an actual interview time. they were very quick to call after i filled out the online application.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scholastic Book Fairs (Hanover, MD) in December 2015.

Interview

Lengthy process, speaking with over 10 different senior level mangers.One onsite visit where a two person interview is conducted, and then another round of at least three other upper level managers is conducted. I was finally offer a position with benefits and 401k.

Interview Questions

• Five S related questions with an inferences on human capital development, ability to maintain or build teams through active engagement.   1 Answer

Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scholastic Book Fairs (Jefferson City, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

Great job, well informed. The interview went well Management was well informed Very knowledgeable. Helped me out a lot If I was still in the City I would work for them again. I just mite move back to Jefferson City but I don't know if they are accepting any applications.

Interview Questions

• to take my time and watch for the light and number..   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scholastic Book Fairs (New York, NY).

Interview

very clear and fast. expectation was set about the process and they struck to it. HR manager was friendly and answered all questions.she even responded to email queries. the hiring manager was also very friendly and clear in his expectations.

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scholastic Book Fairs (Lake Mary, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied for job through Indeed.com. Received phone call from HR roughly three weeks after applying. HR conducted phone screen that lasted thirty minutes. Walked HR through resume and profession experience and discussed why I was interested in the job. HR then scheduled an onsite interview that took place 5 days after phone screen. The two onsite interviews lasted about 45 minutes apiece. First was with manager and then with manager's manager. More about personality and character as opposed to technical skills.

Interview Questions

• Standard personality and character questions. Tell me about a time you disagreed with your manager. How did you react? Talked about experience with Excel and databases systems.   Answer Question

Warehouse Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scholastic Book Fairs (Fremont, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The person who interviewed me was friendly and down-to-earth, the interview went smoothly. The interview questions were pretty basic, nothing tricky or difficult to answer. Most questions were related to previous work experience. In the end, I wasn't available for the time they gave me, so I couldn't take the job.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have any conflicts with your co-workers? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scholastic Book Fairs (Lacey, WA).

Interview

the culture of the branch was odd. It appeared they only hire management that can mistreat employees and be "not present" and unaware of employees. When I was hired I was told I would not be laid off (stand-by) for the summer.However, I was. What they tell you at the time of the interview turns out to never be true. They tend to give as little information as possible and will say we will get more information later. Later never comes.

Interview Questions

• Having Sales Manager ask us to help the General Manager because "his butt is on the line for not getting fair count". Odd since Sales Consultants are terminated for not obtaining their goals and the GM did not present himself to care about his employees.   Answer Question