Scholastic Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.7

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Disrespectful. They left me a voicemail message to call back and set up an interview. Unfortunately, unable to reach them because HR doesn't answer their phones; and they do not return phone messages. What kind of an organization does this? They must be disorganized or stupid or don't care....or all of the above. I vote for all of the above.

Interview Questions

• There was no question as they never returned my call. How about that for a bizarre situation.? They asked me to set up an interview, but they were not reachable.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Process took about three or four weeks. First you have a phone interview with the Hiring Manager and then an on-site interview at Scholastic offices in NY. HM was very nice and seemed very excited about her job, seems like she really enjoys talking to people. Fairly simple, talk about my resume and why Scholastic. Interview at the office was very laid back, at an office, pretty standard and conversational, they asked some questions about Scholastic itself to know if you were familiar with it.The problem was that they told me they'd let me know in a week as it was a spring internship and had to let me know to work my schedule, but took almost two weeks to respond. The thing that bothered me is that NY Scholastic people never responded my follow up e-mails, HM woman did saying they had hired someone the week before.

Interview Questions

• What are some programs you'd like to work in?   1 Answer
    • What previous experience do you have working with teams?   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY).

Interview

interview was good technical questions were nice and well asked how to do cross functional testing they had two round one was 1:1 and other was with group of 4 people
    then was the drug test

Interview Questions

• difference between smoke and regression test
      how to do compatibility testing   Answer Question

Senior Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY).

Interview

I wish the interviewer knew what they were asking. Job description or interview questions doesn't match the actual responsibilities. First they had telephonic round then they said one person wants to interview on site but, then many ended up interviewing, some in person and some over the phone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. If they need you badly they will pay well, regardless of the position. This is the only company where business analysts get paid more then senior technical engineers, as they have no experience about the outside world.

Temporary Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Basic interview questions, strengths/weaknesses, asked about prior experience with databases. I had to go in twice to speak with two different people in the division and both of them had similar questions.

Publicity Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

It was an average interview process. It was comfortable but I wasn't completely at ease. They asked the typical questions and wanted to know why I wanted to work there and why in that field in particular (publishing and publicity, specifically). They didn't do anything to make me ill at ease, but they didn't do anything to try to make me more comfortable, either. And it was 2 people interviewing me, so it felt like there was more pressure.

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Step 1: Phone interview
    Step 2: In person interview
    Step 3: Get the job

The problem with the interview process is the people doing the interview. If they have no idea what the job requirements are or what the job duties are then they shouldn't be interviewing people.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important ceremony in Scrum   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

3 interviews all given on different days. Interviews lasted about 90 minutes each. Depending on who you are interviewing with, most interviewers are on time and respects the interviewee time as well

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY).

Interview

The I had 4 interviews and everyone was extremely nice. The interviews were more like conversations rather than someone drilling you for answers. The process itself was only 2-3 weeks.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Scholastic (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process included meetings with many decision makers across multiple departments. Know your stuff, and dress and act professionally. Intelligence is a key feature that all candidates need when applying here.

Interview Questions

• Know the products you are interviewing about.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You could negotiate if you have the experience, knowledge, and talent.