School Board of Alachua County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at School Board of Alachua County

Lpn Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at School Board of Alachua County (Gainesville, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with the director of health services. Very personable woman. Interview was serious, but like a friendly conversation. She was super nice and got straight to the point. Already knew what school they needed me at and gave details on the entire process and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to become a school nurse?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at School Board of Alachua County (Gainesville, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

The principals are generally very nice during the interviews. The AP or CRT will usually be in the room as well. There are rarely any curve ball questions. They are your standard run of the mill teacher interview questions. Be familiar with some of the common teacher lingo and all will go well.

Interview Questions

• What would a 90 minute reading block look like?   1 Answer

High School English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at School Board of Alachua County (Gainesville, FL) in July 2008.

Interview

You have to complete a set of certification tests and then submit a detailed application with supplements to the School Board. Then begin checking for job opportunities and trying to get your name on the list for those interviews. You may drop off resumes at schools in which you are interested, but are not encouraged to approach principals before you get an invitation. Then you interview with 1-2 admins and wait to hear about the job.

Interview Questions

• Really know WHY you want to do this job and why the school you are at will help you in your growth. Pat answers aren't generally appreciated. Everyone wants to "change the world".   1 Answer

Negotiation

There definitely isn't one.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at School Board of Alachua County in May 2010.

Interview

SBAC interviews are conducted by individual school administrators, so YMMV. The set of required questions is pretty much the same in every school though. What would I typically find if I walked into your class? Several questions about handling students who perform poorly. Greatest strength/weakness. Knowing as much as possible about the individual school is a good idea.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a class performed poorly on an exam that you expected them to do well on?   Answer Question