School District of Osceola County, FL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

School District of Osceola County, FL Interview Questions

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at School District of Osceola County, FL.

Interview

Pretty brief being that I was well known already in the program. The longest portion was on the Human Resources department. They move quite slow and honestly took forever to process all my paperwork so that I could start working.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation with the kids if they were fighting   1 Answer

Assistant Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at School District of Osceola County, FL (Kissimmee, FL).

Interview

It was a detailed one on one interview. I had gone through several interviews for several open positions. The principal that hired me made me feel very comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us your philosophy of teaching.   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Interview

was quick and easy, no pressure.

Interview Questions

• Important qualities in a teacher   1 Answer

Middle School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at School District of Osceola County, FL (Kissimmee, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was fantastic and we hit it off. We discussed all the requirements of the job. I added what i wanted to do and the interviewer said that was fine. The job was a perfect fit at the time that I interviewed but changed as soon as I got into the building.

Interview Questions

• If I do interactive lessons with the students.   1 Answer

Teaching Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at School District of Osceola County, FL.

Interview

Not difficult but tedious. A lot of paper work to fax and send in. The district lost my papers at least twice, so that was frustrating. You check the listings on your own, and fax your resume directly to the schools and the principals hire you from there. Some schools I sent my resume to called me back immediately, some didn't call back at all.

Interview Questions

• Very easy interview, wasn't really an interview at all, Principal just chatted with me and hired me on the spot.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at School District of Osceola County, FL (Saint Cloud, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by the Principal, the 2 assistant Principals, and the Administration Secretary in a group setting at a conference table. It was about 30 minutes long. I was offered the job that same day. I found it to be challenging to answer their questions, but they seemed to like my answers and we had a nice conversation.

Subsitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at School District of Osceola County, FL.

Interview

The Hiring and Interview process was direct, thorough, and professional. Manager is highly competent and generally interested in the caliber of individual they are hiring. Management is ever careful on hiring the best person who has quality temperament and intelligence to fit this organization.

Interview Questions

• What did you not like about your other place of employment?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Interview

(1) Look up jobs on website (2) Provide district itself with needed documentation--i.e: teaching certificate, act. (3) Contact school directly via web (4) Go on interview for specific position if the school calls you.

Language Arts Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at School District of Osceola County, FL (Kissimmee, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

E-mailed resume and cover letter to the principal. I heard back several days later to schedule the interview. It was one on one with the principal. At the end of a long day, he was tired and yawned frequently. Most questions were form a gallup poll that identifies characteristics of effective teachers. Most questions were easy to answer. However, the toughest question I faced was "If I called your current pricipal, what would they say about you?" This caught me completely off guard, since I read into it too closely and imagined him calling the pricipal immediately after to check if I was being honest and forthcoming with my answer. I answered the questions poorly, when I should have used some BS. (My reputation is solid, but not 100% over the top positive) As we know, some interview questions are best to be BS'ed, while others are best answered with complete honesty. I went with absolute forthcomingness, which I believe cost me the offer.

So watch out for this quesiton! Good luck.

Elementary Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at School District of Osceola County, FL (Kissimmee, FL) in June 2009.

Interview

At the initial job fair straight out of college, was thinking I was getting a position at one school, only to find out that another person (whom I knew) got the position, which she decided right at the beginning of the year to leave to return to another part of the state. She was another administrators daughter. In turn, wasted my time by talking to that specifics school administration, and not getting the opportunity to interview anywhere I really cared to teach.

Interview Questions

• Was very unprofessional, didn't really get asked a lot of questions, because I already knew the administration at a number of the schools, so mostly my interview consisted of an administrator talking about his party habits (he was arrested a few years later on narcotic charges).   Answer Question