School District of Philadelphia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.5

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at School District of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process of challenging. It was filled with thought provoking questions, alias of expectations and requirements. The interviewer was attentive and polite. I enjoyed it. I asked a number of different questions about the company, which gave me great insight to my future. It was a rewarding experience. Nick Mack paddy wack give a dog a bone! This old man came ROLLLINGGGGGGGGG HOME!

Interview Questions

• They asked was I am intro-vert   1 Answer

SSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at School District of Philadelphia (New York, NY).

Interview

hiring session, 3 hours it was a long day and they make you walk around the building with lots of paperwork ... you there for a long time... make sure you have all of your information because if not you have to go back there over and over again

5th Grade Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at School District of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was brought in by the school district where I met with other schools at a job fair. Then I was brought in by the school where they eventually offered me the job. It was a very seamless transition.

Interview Questions

• how have you used data in the classroom   1 Answer

French Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at School District of Philadelphia.

Interview

Interviewee needed to be informed about revised and present policies that are followed throughout School District under the Action Plan 3 proposal by the Superintendent. A telephone interview was conducted by a recruitment officer. Questions regarding School District policies, hypothetical situations when dealing with classroom procedure, management, methodology and collaboration with other teachers.

Interview Questions

• What methods or strategies would you use to insure that students are making adequate progress? What are some of the issues in the Action Plan 3 by the Superintendent, that you would forward in your classroom?   1 Answer

Elementary Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at School District of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Long application process, quick response, great feedback during interview. I was hired over the phone and regret taking the position without knowing more about what it entailed. Do not take a position over the phone from SDP! Go to the school, check out their routines, behavior management system, policies and procedures and teacher expectations. Ask if you can visit the school during lunch and recess and other transition times to get a feel of what you are getting into. There is a reason the district has a high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time a lesson went bad and how you could have better planned it.   1 Answer

Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at School District of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online to the Philadelphia school district website. Afterwards they send you an email to pick a date and time for your over the phone interview. The interview was about 6 questions. they asked about classroom management, and a school district act.

Interview Questions

• about 6 questions, including what behavior procedures, and act 3   Answer Question

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at School District of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Basically, you throw in an application and then you pick your school. I was selected for several different teaching positions and had the opportunity to select my school/specific position. If you are not committed to urban education do everyone a favor and don't apply. Teachers always come in here not knowing what to expect and quit within the first week. Only apply if teaching has your heart and soul. It's a hard job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach in Philadelphia?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was basically able to pick my position and school.

Speech Therapist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at School District of Philadelphia in April 2016.

Interview

you fill out an application online and HR is VERY SLOW getting back to you. The district ended up offering an open interview for all speech pathologists so I went to that where I had my in person interview.

Elementary Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at School District of Philadelphia.

Interview

I was brought in to a room and asked about 7 questions by a woman in HR. I received a score based on my answers for the questions. I showed the interviewer my portfolio and was hired.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at School District of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was pretty easygoing. Before the interview, my supervisor asked me to prepare a powerpoint of how I would market ____. I prepare the powerpoint and presented it. After that, we discussed more about what the role is and he said he would get back to me. It was pretty straight forward and he was really chill about the whole process.