School District of Philadelphia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at School District of Philadelphia

2.5

Police Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at School District of Philadelphia (Phila, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

application, test interview second interview.
    testing was a bit tuff to get the job and then you have to go thru a series of Q and A.
    background check is manditory and child abuse clearances as well

Interview Questions

• Whatt is your professional expereince in that given felid i.e. teacher, counselor police etc.
      Have you ever worked with kids before and do you have a degree and /or certifications in Education   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at School District of Philadelphia in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process involved application process, FBI clearance, child abuse clearance, medical clearance, passing the qualifications exam, experience and educational then a long waiting process for approval and assignment selections.

Interview Questions

• General Interview questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at School District of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

One in-person interview. There were 4 other teachers interviewing in a panel interview with me. We met with the principal of the school at the school's library. The interview was pretty standard. We discussed the landscape of education, strengths & weaknesses, and what we can bring to the school. A little bit more than a week later, I found out I was hired via email. The paperwork for the School District was a fairly lengthy process however. We needed to submit fingerprints, background check, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at School District of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Someone calls you or sets up an in person interview so that you receive your "score" upon which you are ranked against all others with your same seniority (they do not explain that at first). Then, they ask you a series of benign questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you differentiate your teaching in a class where you have students who excel and students who struggle?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It is set based on your experience and your education.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at School District of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Basically, you throw in an application and then you pick your school. I was selected for several different teaching positions and had the opportunity to select my school/specific position. If you are not committed to urban education do everyone a favor and don't apply. Teachers always come in here not knowing what to expect and quit within the first week. Only apply if teaching has your heart and soul. It's a hard job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach in Philadelphia?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was basically able to pick my position and school.

Social Studies Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at School District of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

After submitting hiring package to district schools within the district will call you for interview to fill openings. This may take up to 3 months to receive a response. You will be contacted throughout the year.

Interview Questions

• What techniques would you use to keep student engagement??   Answer Question

Special Projects Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at School District of Philadelphia (Phila, PA).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. First set basic questions and interests. Round two (call back), more questions in dept. There were at least two people in each interview. Overall, the questions weren't hard.

SSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at School District of Philadelphia (New York, NY).

Interview

hiring session, 3 hours it was a long day and they make you walk around the building with lots of paperwork ... you there for a long time... make sure you have all of your information because if not you have to go back there over and over again

Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at School District of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online to the Philadelphia school district website. Afterwards they send you an email to pick a date and time for your over the phone interview. The interview was about 6 questions. they asked about classroom management, and a school district act.

Interview Questions

• about 6 questions, including what behavior procedures, and act 3   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at School District of Philadelphia (Phila, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Brief, but thorough in questioning resume and experience. Two polite interviewers were present for the single interview. It was not a long process and only one interview was conducted. Interviewees were chosen based of of their resume experience and skill set.

Interview Questions

• Explain you advanced knowledge of Microsoft   1 Answer