Schuh Limited Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schuh Limited Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.3

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Manchester, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

So I applied via the website for the job and heard back within 3-4 days. I was contacted for a interview the next week on the Sunday and was told to come at half 9 before the store opens.
    Before the interview I revised what Schuh had to offer for employees and for customers also. I learnt that schuh had recently one the number one retail company of 2017. I realised when I researched what to wear it wasn't really clear so I'll tell you what I wore.
    I wore a black modern blouse and tight fitted pants with black flats. When I arrived at the interview we were seen straight away and was waiting in the general staff room. I was then greeted by a employee of schuh who was nice and smiley and told me not to worry as they're looking for personality and a smiley person.
     The interviewers came in and they were the most lovely people I've ever met. I was interviewed by a supervisor ( she had only been one for a short period of time but was great) and a deputy manager. We then had sticky labels and wrote our names on the label. We were then asked to write down our availability and our leaving notice ( if you were working previously) .
    Then the interview then started. We were then told about the history of schuh and about the pay. We then learnt about the core values of schuh which was respecting customers and colleagues, selling what we know - I can't really remember the rest.
    We then chose a shoe and then we had to swap the shoe with the other applicants. I had a heel that was really hard to describe but just mention the pricing , the detail and what made the shoe stand out! I also mentioned what the heel would go with. After that we had a toilet roll and we have to pull some off, every square that was had we had to say interesting facts about ourselves - I had pull loads of whilst other applicants pulled out 1 or 2 . The interview was then ended by the deputy manager saying she'll contact us by the phone if we've got the job or via email if we didn't.
     4 days later i received a phone call telling me I had the job - I've never been happier!

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Manchester, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview started at 9:00 and there was about ten of us.We was very welcomed into the store and it was young men who conducted the interview and they was lovely and very funny. We had to write our names on stickers and write our availability down then we got going. First of all we had to rip piece of toilet roll that they given us , then with the amount of toilet roll you go t you had to give interesting facts about yourself. Then when that was over they asked us questions about schuh and the history e.g. When it was started and where . Then we played heads up and we all got a go to play ,no one got left out and it was a laugh. Then there was a bag of shoes and we had to sell the shoe to the men but be careful chose a shoe you don't want because they make you swap a couple times with the people around you !! Then after that we got told about the wage and hours and when they will be in touch .

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galway (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Galway (Ireland)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online within two or three days got a call for a group interview. It was supposed to be 15 of us but only 11 turned up, it was a very relaxed casual interview more like a discussion with open questions and team building exercises and ice breakers finished with a personal presentation. The ice breakers were good although we all introduced each other ourselves whilst waiting for the interview. Overall it was rather fun and a bit of a laugh. The presentations was a lot less nerve wrecking than we though you had to bring an object which describes you best I brought a college piece of work which was a poster I made for self identity I had a laugh with the interviewers whilst presenting it. The best advice is to include everyone and make eyecontact with more than just the interviewers don't take it too seriously as it is all based on personality.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Schuh Limited.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call asking me to come for an interview. It was a group interview with around 7 people as some didn't show up. We were asked over the phone to design a poster about ourselves and bring it along with us. Once we were there we were asked to present our posters. We then did an activity where we had to draw the perfect sales assistant in groups on a sheet of paper in line with the schuh store values. Then, we were asked to sell a shoe to everyone. Was very fun and relaxed. I got a phone call 2 days after offering me the job!

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schuh Limited.

Interview

Applied for sales assistant job online, I recieved a phone call the next day offering me an interview. I was then interviewed a week later by two managers. It was a relaxed and casual interview.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schuh Limited in May 2017.

Interview

Filled in the form and contacted a day later for an interview the following week. Group interview of 10 people, had a warm up activity which relaxed people. Then had to say a bit about yourself and to pick a shoe from the shop that represented you. Then in a group we had to design a shoe and present it back and finally had a 30 second hot-seat on why they should hire you. It was very relaxed and informal, good indication of the type of company.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Sheffield, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Three members of staff gave us an informal chat about the history of the company and their personal background in Schuh. Then we each had to talk about our object we brought with us that was special to us. Try and take something original because two girls brought the same thing which meant they end up taking about the same stuff. Its just a bit of a personality test and I think they were looking for people with individuality and have confidence to talk to people. After this we split into 2 groups of 5 and were asked to come up with a new shoe shop idea with a logo, slogan and target market. We chose some shoes from the shelves and then presented our ideas to everyone else. I think this was to show how you work in a team and how creative you are when thinking on your feet. Then we sat back down to talk about pay, discounted shoes and career progression. Finally we finished with any questions from us. They said they'd let us know the following day if we were successful or not.

Basically be fun, cheerful, chatty and energetic. Make sure you get your voice heard because if you are quiet you can be easily over shadowed by others.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marble Arch, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Marble Arch, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Arrived at the store and let one of the workers who I was working for and she directed me to wait at the back of the shop floor. Waited until most of he other candidates arrived, (10 out of 15 came) then went down to the staff room and conducted interview.

Started with ice breaker, will put below, then did some group activities when she split us up. Be nice, smile, allow the others to talk, be collaborative, seem like you enjoy team work.

Took 1:20 mins, can take longer though

Interview Questions

• Icebreaker- what's your name, where are your from and give me 2 truths and one lie and we will guess the lie   1 Answer
    • Sell this shoe   1 Answer
    • What brands do you know we sell at schuh?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied online and they called a few weeks later. The interview lasted about half an hour. it was very easy and everyone was very friendly. There was about 9 of us. Everyone wants to talk so try and get your voice heard too. We were interviewed by three people in the store. It was a group interview and we all just sat around in a circle. They started with just telling us the background of schuh and when they opened.

Interview Questions

• Tell us 4 things about yourself.   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Covent Garden, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schuh Limited (Covent Garden, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call the next day(Sunday) inviting me for an interview for the following Tuesday. Group interview. Lasted about 2 hours. Had to bring an item that means something to you. Was very fun, group of about 12 people. Started by introducing yourself, what you are currently doing and what your item means to you. Then went on to do group activities consisting of designing a shoe and some others. Then ended with going through schuh values. Got a call back 2 days later offering me the job.