Schulte Roth & Zabel Summer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schulte Roth & Zabel Summer Associate Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Schulte Roth & Zabel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schulte Roth & Zabel (New York, NY).

Interview

You can apply online or through your law school if it participates in an interview program where the firm attends. There is a short, initial, 20 minute interview. Then, presumably, there are some follow-up communications, callback interviews at the office with other attorneys, and then offers.

Interview Questions

• "Let's say I go back to management and say that I have this candidate who is very bright and would do well in the job. They are concerned that he (you) will come to the firm, stay for a few years, take advantage of our training programs, and then leave us to go somewhere else. How should I respond?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schulte Roth & Zabel

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schulte Roth & Zabel (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I had a great interviewing experience. I got to interview with partners and associates and came away very impressed with the firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schulte Roth & Zabel (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

On-campus interview and callback shortly thereafter.

Callback consisted of meeting with 4 or 5 attorneys, some associates and some partners.

Interview Questions

• What was the most interesting project you worked on this past summer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schulte Roth & Zabel (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

I met some of their recruiters on campus. They were all very nice. I submitted my resume with them and was selected to come in and interview with 2 of their associates. Standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have categorically disagreed with your supervisor about a particular decision. What was the outcome of the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schulte Roth & Zabel (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview was arranged through my school's Off-Campus Interview program. I met with a partner who then reviewed my resume, writing sample, and transcript on the spot and began to ask questions concerning my resume. He spent much time talking himself and did not appear interested in even conducting the interview; got the feeling he was there not by choice. He rarely made eye contact when speaking with me and answered my questions with standard, neutral answers about firm culture, turnover, layoffs, etc. It was an unavoidable question as the firm had been laying off associates, so I had to ask if being a summer associate meant there was a chance I would not receive an offer for full-time employment. Turns out that is the case.

Interview Questions

• What was something that surprised you about law school?   Answer Question