Schumacher Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Schumacher Homes

2.4

Associate Studio Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schumacher Homes (Raleigh, NC) in June 2020.

Interview

The interviewer just had one question after another. They all related to my resume and she was trying to qualify my experience for the available position. I had thought it was as a Studio Interior Design Associate but, it was to just schedule appointments to get people into the showroom. So it was basically a person who called leads to get them into the showroom at $14.00 an hour. It was not the right type of job for me because I am an artist and designer and not an aggressive salesperson type. She was trying to find out how money hungry I was and even if I need money that is not what motivates me.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to make money?   1 Answer

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schumacher Homes in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was a relatively straightforward type, absent of trick or "got you" questions. The interviewer simply asked me to relate my background to the job to which I was being interviewed for.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schumacher Homes.

Interview

Brief, less than an hour. No heavy questions. Spent most of the time chit chatting. Lsometimes when I was tslking the manager was paying more attention to his phone than what I was saying. Never felt like I had a chance of getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Where have you worjked? What did you do there? Where do you live? Nothing major. I was slightly surprised at he basic questiins which had little to do with the advertised job.   Answer Question

Construction Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schumacher Homes (Raleigh, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

First interview was with the GM. We met around 4pm and I didn't leave the office until well after 6pm. The interview went really well. First hour was standard interview stuff with him asking about the builders I've worked for previously and discussing what this position entailed. Through that discussion, we realized our histories (both personal and professional) were pretty similar. So spent the rest of the time just talking about people/builders we knew, family, etc. I was honestly expecting to be offered the job right then. And I still think if it would have been up to him, I would have. But he said I had to interview with the Regional Manager.

Fast forward a couple of days and I had a phone interview with the Regional Manager. It lasted about 45 minutes. Seemed to cover a lot of the same ground the first interview did (in the first hour anyways). Didn't leave that interview with either a positive or negative feeling. Pretty neutral.

About a week later I received an automated email saying I didn't get the job. That left a little bit of a bitter taste in my mouth. Going through two interviews and then just getting something automated (that my email thought was spam) to let me know I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with walking an untouched lot (i.e. still wooded, hasn't been cleared for building yet)?   1 Answer

Purchasing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schumacher Homes (Canton, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the direct manager and then with the VP of ops. Was pretty standard and even slightly laid back. Both were very personable and made things easier by engaging in some actual human conversation, not strictly business related They didn't ask many tough questions, so it wasn't a particularly difficult interview. The process was incredibly quick as they called me that afternoon and made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe yourself in one word   1 Answer

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fletcher, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schumacher Homes (Fletcher, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

Sent in resume and was recommended by current employee. Met with GM for 1 hour or so and he asked about past employment and job skills. Discussed the job requirements and company procedures and policies,

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Schumacher Homes (Asheville, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

My best friend's husband works for a company that works on their houses. He gave GM my resume and that is how I got interview.

Where do I begin? The manager was flippant, arrogant, rude and full of himself. He asked me inappropriate questions like if my husband earned enough that I still needed this job. Would we be using Schumachers insurance or my husbands. If I was good at following orders from him. If I worked out. He told me that what he says goes and I would not be allowed to question it and if I didn't understand it too bad. I told him I was uncomfortable with some of his questions and he said so you do have problems with men being in charge? When I asked if he was replacing or adding someone he got angry. Stood up and walked out. He walked out of the interview! I sat there for a while and went out into the hall and he was sitting next to the girl across the hall from him with their heads together talking. He dismissed me and told me he would be with me in a minute. He came back in and told me I would be too much like the last person and he got rid of that b.... he didn't say it but started to. I told him I was taking my hat out of the ring and he tore up my resume and slammed it into the garbage can. The most unprofessional business experience I have ever had. Called my friend as soon as I got in the car and he said he forgot to mention the GMs temper and mouth.

He broke every HR rule there is. If I had extra time on my hands I would file a complaint but finding an actual job with an actual company who have real interviews and real managers is more important to me. Stay away people.

Interview Questions

• Which one? Do I work out? Do I need the money? Do I have problems with authority or men? Do I follow orders? How many more years do I plan on working? The list goes on.   2 Answers

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Schumacher Homes (Akron, OH).

Interview

General Manager hires employees. Some people also meet with sales managers which gives a truer idea of the job. GM was inexperienced in interviewing and was defensive and condescending. Sales managers were great and asked pertinent questions. Never talked with anyone at human resources until after I was hired. Whole process made me realize what a small company this is and how they seem to not have a lot of corporate experience. I guess it is because they are privately owned.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions at all. The strangest thing was a personality test they make you take to see if you are a bull, owl, tiger or lamb. The family who owns this are followers of the person who invented this test and it all seemed too weird. You have to go to his seminars and sit through hours of craziness. Cult like.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. I needed the job so didn't. I would if I had to do it again because others had much better deals than I did.