Schwan's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.3

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Thorough, to the point, explained all aspects, knowledgeable. The manager explained everything expected in full detail. He offered me to ride along with an experienced RSR for a day to see exactly how a route is and to see if I could handle it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pampa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Schwan's (Pampa, TX).

Interview

It, was a pain!! No, one would call or describe my next step!! I, Had to call daily!! Schwans uses an out-sourced service to handle the new hires. It took me 3 months to get an offer. I, had other offers and should have taken them.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Pretty simple interview soft sell on company and culture. Really odd background check done by Indian company overseas'. I think this company profiles employees' I worked at a large depot.
    23 drivers all very similar personalities and values, good guys. I think they are just looking for bodies.

Interview Questions

• Interest in life, food, people prior jobs really basic easy interview. I did three phone interviews then got to meet the depot manager. A former used car salesman with big ambitions. I thing this is when they decide if they want you or not.   Answer Question

RSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Monroe, NC).

Interview

Interviewed by 2 men who made me feel less than important. They seemed bored and sometimes rushed while talking with me. They surely did not give any cons of the job (ie: work-life balance).

Interview Questions

• Do you have any problems with long hours?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation...was told by a manager "it's a take it or leave it job, you can take it or leave and we'll get someone else to do it" This is verbatim to what the manager said to me!

Anonymous Employee in Johns Island, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Johns Island, SC).

Interview

Applied on indeed, called back within a week, went in for a interview with the Area Manager, went back for a Ride Along, waited for a call from the District manager, went to go do DOT physical, waited for results, waited for Background, waited for Start date. Waited two weeks for first paycheck, process took a Month and a Half (45 days).

Interview Questions

• Asked to sell him a old desk Calculator.   1 Answer

RSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogallala, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Ogallala, NE).

Interview

Lies and deceit. They told me it paid very well. They also told me you get 2 weeks of vacation after 6 months. Both lies. They also told me the benefits were awesome. What a joke.

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

Had two phone screening . One was with a guy who was part of hiring team our of state. He was very nice and just wanted some background info. Once I passed the first phone screening he told me a zone manager would be calling me. He called and said he wanted to meet me in person.

Interview Questions

• Asked me how I've handled a tough situation from management standpoint.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bryan, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Bryan, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview by phone was simple and quick. Phone interviewer was not precise with information regarding hours and days worked. Second interview is in person, it was a basic sales interview and personality evaluation. Third interview was over the phone with the regional manager and was quick.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Why do you want to work for Schwan's?
      How does safety affect your work attitude?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Associate Packaging Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schwan's in October 2016.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview, and then a Skype interview about 2 weeks later. After another 2 weeks, they flew me into Marshall from Minneapolis on their company plane! It was actually pretty neat I have to say! The in person interview started with a realtor picking me up at the airport and took me to coffee and showed me around Marshall for about an hour. She then dropped me off at the office which is very clean and welcoming! I got to meet the packaging team through hour long 1-on-1s and had others I did not interview with take me to a very good Italian lunch. I felt very at ease around the team and they were more than friendly! Interview questions were more related to my resume and behavioral which was not very difficult while being myself. Overall a very enjoyable time! They made me want to work there! But Marshall is very small and quiet which is perfect for when I'm older and not in my early 20s. Would love to consider their offer in the future!

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in food packaging and why Schwan's?   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Napoleon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schwan's (Napoleon, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Very detailed, many questions. Really got down to what I wanted out of the job and what I thought was expected of me. The area manager was very thorough and got into the questions that really made me think about the job itself. The details of the interview were more involved than other interviews i've gone through.

Interview Questions

• How reliable would you say your previous employer would say you were?   1 Answer