Schwan's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2018

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elkhorn, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Elkhorn, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial interview with high level overview to determine fit and interest.
    Follow up interview with local distribution representative.
    Ride along to see what a typical day would be like.
    Follow up to determine if still interested
    20-40 day training process
    Given route and able to make commissions

Interview Questions

• What interested me about the position?
      Explanation of all position requirements, then asked if I had questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Cranberry, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

The process starts with an online application. That moved to a face to face interview with a manager of the location in which I applied. If offered a position, they want you to do a ride day with a driver from that location. The ride day is 1 full day on the job (unpaid) with a driver of the depot’s choosing. The purpose of the ride day is to show you exactly what the job involves and the approximate hours of a typical workday. If you decide after the ride day the job is still for you, you’ll move on to a phone interview with an area manager or regional recruiter, or both. If all goes well after your phone interview, you’ll be directed to take your drug test and DOT physical. While you’re completing these steps, a third party offsite company will start a background check on you to make sure you’re not a criminal or past criminal. Somewhere in between all of this, you’ll receive emails from HR and have to answer a bunch of questions and sign a bunch of paperwork electronically. Overall the process takes a couple of weeks at a minimum. Mostly because you’re waiting for the phone interviews and background checks. The entire process was very smooth, and everyone was friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schwan's (Louisville, KY) in October 2017.

Interview

Tge interviewing process was great and very fast. I applied, the next day received a phone screening, then scheduled an interview all within 2 days. The interview went great. Interviewer was very informative and welcoming.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Schwan's in October 2017.

Interview

The interview had two rounds. First one was a phone interview with HR. Second round was a technical interview. It consisted of 3 phone interviews with process engineers. Each phone call was for 20 minutes..

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Show Low, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Show Low, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

4 interviews. One with Zone manager, one with Zone manager peer, one with HR and last with regional president. You have to get approved through all 4 stages to be in consideration for the job.

Interview Questions

• What's going to be your action plan for the first 3 months?   1 Answer

Director, Consumer& Customer Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshall, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schwan's (Marshall, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

Pleasant interview w/10 people across two cities. Offered job, countered offer, HR made flippant remarks, declined offer, HR asked if we could discuss next day, I said yes, never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on how they work principles. They will provide so your experiences need to reflect them.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schwan's (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

Total of 5 interviews over a 2 1/2 month period. Included Phone, Video, and Face-to-Face with Zone Manager, Site-Visit (Ride-Along Day), Phone Interview with another Zone Manager, and HR Manager Interview. I have experience in both Operations and HR, and looking for roles in either/both. VERY SLOW process! Was patient, but almost withdrew and should have due to the snail pace of the process. Company decided, after the lengthy time, not to move me as one of final two candidates because "I was not currently in a leadership role"...(i.e. Because I am currently unemployed). So I then apply to one of their HR openings, and received the generic rejection email. Will NEVER be a customer of theirs! Probably dodged a bullet with this one!

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Topeka, KS) in August 2017.

Interview

A phone interview was scheduled via email by the recruiter that interviewed me. That went well, so the recruiter scheduled an interview for me with the local manager. After my interview with the regional manager, I was asked to do a ride-along. The ride-along is unpaid and takes a full day (10am-8:30ishpm). The regional manager then scheduled an interview for me with the zone manager. Then I was offered the position, and I took a DOT physical and drug screen before my I could start working.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Poway, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was painful to say the least.They have you go thru many interviews then they have you do a ride along day with a route that makes at best average numbers . If you pay attention how they act and all that is going on instead of just thinking about the idea of working there you will see the issues.These guys are burned out and even one of the managers told me how banged up the route is and all the problems on it and how the last person who ran it was a loser.Right then and there I knew that this place would be negative place to work.

Interview Questions

• There were no strong questions that are asked.Its more about them telling you about Schwans and talking about the long hours and if will you be alright working from 10am to 10pm.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Portland, OR).

Interview

I completed an application online and spoke with an HR person. She scheduled a time for a phone interview with the person who would be my supervisor. The person explained that those who put in the most hours succeed. I mentioned that I recognize to be successful, you often put in additional hours early on, to get up to speed with your responsibilities and the company's processes. He chuckled and said, "No, most people do 10-12 hour days every day, on average." It was after comment that I declined to move forward in the hiring process. I was applying for a local rep position, not managerial.

Interview Questions

• Whether or not I had children. ** Completely against the law to ask this question**   1 Answer

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Schwan's (Marysville, MI).

Interview

I got brought into the depot and they walked me through the freezer to see if I would be able to handle the cold. Then we walked around the depot and explained what I would be doing and I watched the employees load trucks and pull the product.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in below-freezing temperatures before?   1 Answer