Schwan's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schwan's Interview Questions

Interviews at Schwan's

2.4

Associate Packaging Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schwan's in October 2016.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview, and then a Skype interview about 2 weeks later. After another 2 weeks, they flew me into Marshall from Minneapolis on their company plane! It was actually pretty neat I have to say! The in person interview started with a realtor picking me up at the airport and took me to coffee and showed me around Marshall for about an hour. She then dropped me off at the office which is very clean and welcoming! I got to meet the packaging team through hour long 1-on-1s and had others I did not interview with take me to a very good Italian lunch. I felt very at ease around the team and they were more than friendly! Interview questions were more related to my resume and behavioral which was not very difficult while being myself. Overall a very enjoyable time! They made me want to work there! But Marshall is very small and quiet which is perfect for when I'm older and not in my early 20s. Would love to consider their offer in the future!

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in food packaging and why Schwan's?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Schwan's in November 2018.

Interview

Kind of regular first step phone interview, asked about major and after undergraduate plans. Walk the HR through resume and other experience, though the HR was late about five minutes

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Schwan's?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schwan's in December 2013.

Interview

You are brought into the office. You meet with the hiring director and then two co-workers. They as you normal interview questions about your experiences. You get a chance to get a feel for the team and see how you might fit. They are very strict on where you went to school if you don't have the experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview

Had a phone interview back in December was contacted by them again in Feb.

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Houston, TX).

Interview

Thorough… It went on for about four weeks I had to meet many many people can be interviewed in Texas as well as Oklahoma and have a lunch with various people to see if I would fit in with the team

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate   1 Answer

Associate Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schwan's (Florence, KY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online (December 2015). Was contacted by a recruiter 2 weeks later for an initial phone screen (asked about interests, background, salary requirements, etc.). Based on the phone screen, I was then invited onsite for an interview/tour. However, this was around peak/holiday season - so my onsite interview was rescheduled for a phone interview with the Sr. HR Manager. I was asked your typical questions again - skills, interests in the role, what I'm looking for, etc. After the holidays were over, I was invited for another onsite interview and tour with the same Sr. HR Manager and another HR Generalist. Everyone was very friendly and it was cool to tour the facility where the food is made and distributed. Make sure to wear closed toed shoes and pants! I wasn't able to go on the tour since I wore a skirt. So I came back in the week later for the tour, an interview with the Operations/Plant Manager, and another quick conversation with the Sr. HR Manager. The next day, I was contacted by the recruiter to setup an virtual interview with the VP of HR for later that week. That interview was more conversational/get to know you and your interests/background. A week later I was extended an offer (contingent on background check and drug screen). Overall the process was very speedy and the recruiter was great! There were a lot of interviews/conversations - they're really looking for fit.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? Opportunities for Development?   Answer Question

Bakery Maintenance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's in November 2015.

Interview

Oddly enough my initial phone interview took place with HR on a Saturday morning. That went well so I was then scheduled for phone interview with the hiring manager. This also went well (so I thought )

Interview Questions

• Typical questions: tell me about a time when you were faced with a conflict and how was it resolved.   Answer Question

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salina, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Salina, KS) in November 2017.

Interview

"why do you want to work for us" "tell me a little bit about yourself" "why not work for one of our competitors" . I first started the process at a hiring session at the event center. There were two gentleman unrelated to the actual job i was applying for. Called back for a second interview with HR department, and offered a position to which I didn't apply. After two days of orientation, I was interviewed by a person for the job in which I applied and was offered the job. After a year, I applied for a different position within the company and went through the same process.

Interview Questions

• tell me a little bit about yourself   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview

the process was very organization on the plant end but not the corporate recruiter's end. The recruiter had no clue about how the business was ran or the business needs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very easy

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schwan's in July 2009.

Interview

Was in route sales three years before applying for general manager position. Interviewed during a upper management change so process was not the usual. There was a delay from initial interview and two more before the job offer of 60 days. Overall the process went very smooth. At that time sales bonus where quarterly so it played into the timing of the job offer.

Negotiation

My salary was based on previous year sales performance so negotiating was not needed.