Schwan's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Portland, OR).

Interview

I completed an application online and spoke with an HR person. She scheduled a time for a phone interview with the person who would be my supervisor. The person explained that those who put in the most hours succeed. I mentioned that I recognize to be successful, you often put in additional hours early on, to get up to speed with your responsibilities and the company's processes. He chuckled and said, "No, most people do 10-12 hour days every day, on average." It was after comment that I declined to move forward in the hiring process. I was applying for a local rep position, not managerial.

Interview Questions

• Whether or not I had children. ** Completely against the law to ask this question**   1 Answer

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Clayton, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

Unprofessional. The interviewer talked to me with a mouth full of dip(tobacco) the whole time. His warehouse leader came in, a woman, several times flirting and touching each other. The priority was certainly not my interview. He acted as if he'd never seen a resume before. The interviewer used profane language in discussing the jobs and current and former employees. Unprofessional at the highest level.

Interview Questions

• Do I get along with women, because women work there   1 Answer
    • What is your religion   1 Answer

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pampa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Schwan's (Pampa, TX).

Interview

It, was a pain!! No, one would call or describe my next step!! I, Had to call daily!! Schwans uses an out-sourced service to handle the new hires. It took me 3 months to get an offer. I, had other offers and should have taken them.

Director Level Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's in March 2016.

Interview

Initial communication was disorganized and I felt like I was inconveniencing THEM. It was very bizarre and immediately I knew it wasn't a place with a weird vibe. After a follow up call where I asked more questions than the manager, I suspected they weren't sure what they were truly looking for. I described the experience to people I know with ties to the company and each one of them validated that the culture is languishing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my professional background. This was the extent of my first interview.   Answer Question

Bakery Maintenance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's in November 2015.

Interview

Oddly enough my initial phone interview took place with HR on a Saturday morning. That went well so I was then scheduled for phone interview with the hiring manager. This also went well (so I thought )

Interview Questions

• Typical questions: tell me about a time when you were faced with a conflict and how was it resolved.   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative, Schwans Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Eagan, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview with their depot managers. Very friendly and helpful explaining their needs and the roll of the job for the company. Their hiring managers are very positive and take a lot of pride in the company. They are interested in bringing in positive, team oriented individuals that are self motivated and driven. A great work environment from what I could see from my experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly your background and your experience selling products etc. They are interested in your goals and interests. Many of the questions center around your motivation and your personal drive to be self directed and motivated.   Answer Question

District Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Dallas, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted by a Sr. Recruiter on the phone. That conversation lasted about 45 minutes, then was followed up by another phone interview. Following that, I went through a face-to-face interview with an HR manager at a Regional office, then a face-to-face interview with the Regional VP of the area. All interviews were a great experience. I was happy to see the type of qualities they were looking for like "Leadership qualities" instead of "Management capabilities".

That being said, I didn't get the job... but the experience was extremely pleasant. It inspired me to become a Schwan's customer.

Interview Questions

• I was not surprised by any questions really... It felt more like a conversation between professionals than an interview in every case. One question was "can you describe some of your leadership philosophies?"   1 Answer

Process Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview

I applied online and took 3+ weeks to get a phone interview email.
    The phone interview was mainly about behavior questions and experiences that I had.

Interview Questions

• Could you tell me one of tasks which was beyond your exceptions?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Schwan's in December 2013.

Interview

You are brought into the office. You meet with the hiring director and then two co-workers. They as you normal interview questions about your experiences. You get a chance to get a feel for the team and see how you might fit. They are very strict on where you went to school if you don't have the experience.

Recruitment Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview

I was asked for a step one phone interview with Schwan's in October 2013. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes and seemed to be more of a "we're trying to get to know you to bring you in." The interviewer was a recruiter based out of the Twin Cities for a job in Marshall, MN. While I initially thought that this was odd, it made sense that an "outside" interview would be necessary for an onsite interview for an HR position. The recruiter was friendly and answered many of my questions about the position and was very upfront about the needs and requirements of the job I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Do you often deliver bad news and if so, how?   1 Answer