Schwan's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schwan's Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pampa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Schwan's (Pampa, TX).

Interview

It, was a pain!! No, one would call or describe my next step!! I, Had to call daily!! Schwans uses an out-sourced service to handle the new hires. It took me 3 months to get an offer. I, had other offers and should have taken them.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Pretty simple interview soft sell on company and culture. Really odd background check done by Indian company overseas'. I think this company profiles employees' I worked at a large depot.
    23 drivers all very similar personalities and values, good guys. I think they are just looking for bodies.

Interview Questions

• Interest in life, food, people prior jobs really basic easy interview. I did three phone interviews then got to meet the depot manager. A former used car salesman with big ambitions. I thing this is when they decide if they want you or not.   Answer Question

RSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Monroe, NC).

Interview

Interviewed by 2 men who made me feel less than important. They seemed bored and sometimes rushed while talking with me. They surely did not give any cons of the job (ie: work-life balance).

Interview Questions

• Do you have any problems with long hours?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation...was told by a manager "it's a take it or leave it job, you can take it or leave and we'll get someone else to do it" This is verbatim to what the manager said to me!

Anonymous Employee in Johns Island, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Johns Island, SC).

Interview

Applied on indeed, called back within a week, went in for a interview with the Area Manager, went back for a Ride Along, waited for a call from the District manager, went to go do DOT physical, waited for results, waited for Background, waited for Start date. Waited two weeks for first paycheck, process took a Month and a Half (45 days).

Interview Questions

• Asked to sell him a old desk Calculator.   1 Answer

RSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogallala, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Ogallala, NE).

Interview

Lies and deceit. They told me it paid very well. They also told me you get 2 weeks of vacation after 6 months. Both lies. They also told me the benefits were awesome. What a joke.

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

Had two phone screening . One was with a guy who was part of hiring team our of state. He was very nice and just wanted some background info. Once I passed the first phone screening he told me a zone manager would be calling me. He called and said he wanted to meet me in person.

Interview Questions

• Asked me how I've handled a tough situation from management standpoint.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bryan, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Bryan, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview by phone was simple and quick. Phone interviewer was not precise with information regarding hours and days worked. Second interview is in person, it was a basic sales interview and personality evaluation. Third interview was over the phone with the regional manager and was quick.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Why do you want to work for Schwan's?
      How does safety affect your work attitude?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Napoleon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schwan's (Napoleon, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Very detailed, many questions. Really got down to what I wanted out of the job and what I thought was expected of me. The area manager was very thorough and got into the questions that really made me think about the job itself. The details of the interview were more involved than other interviews i've gone through.

Interview Questions

• How reliable would you say your previous employer would say you were?   1 Answer

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Dayton, OH).

Interview

very long and thorough . about 2 or 3 interviews. RIDE DAY with a salesperson to see if you like it its on your own time you commit a 12 hour day. and then 4 weeks or more for background , DOT , license , and drug screen . Also had to ride in a smoky truck for the ride day and its kind of awkward the person is very busy ! So pack your own lunch . Also the person is suppose to answer all questions so make sure you do so. DO NOT STAY IN TRUCK , get out with the RSR and walk to every door because this person is who reports back to the hiring manager if you seemed like you were interested or enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• If you can commit a year before you decide if you want to stay or not . also to not look at pay as hourly but as a career and its residual growth overtime that you commit that creates your salary.   1 Answer

Director Level Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's in March 2016.

Interview

Initial communication was disorganized and I felt like I was inconveniencing THEM. It was very bizarre and immediately I knew it wasn't a place with a weird vibe. After a follow up call where I asked more questions than the manager, I suspected they weren't sure what they were truly looking for. I described the experience to people I know with ties to the company and each one of them validated that the culture is languishing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my professional background. This was the extent of my first interview.   Answer Question