Schwan's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

131 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elkhorn, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Elkhorn, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial interview with high level overview to determine fit and interest.
    Follow up interview with local distribution representative.
    Ride along to see what a typical day would be like.
    Follow up to determine if still interested
    20-40 day training process
    Given route and able to make commissions

Interview Questions

• What interested me about the position?
      Explanation of all position requirements, then asked if I had questions.   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Topeka, KS) in August 2017.

Interview

A phone interview was scheduled via email by the recruiter that interviewed me. That went well, so the recruiter scheduled an interview for me with the local manager. After my interview with the regional manager, I was asked to do a ride-along. The ride-along is unpaid and takes a full day (10am-8:30ishpm). The regional manager then scheduled an interview for me with the zone manager. Then I was offered the position, and I took a DOT physical and drug screen before my I could start working.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Portland, OR).

Interview

I completed an application online and spoke with an HR person. She scheduled a time for a phone interview with the person who would be my supervisor. The person explained that those who put in the most hours succeed. I mentioned that I recognize to be successful, you often put in additional hours early on, to get up to speed with your responsibilities and the company's processes. He chuckled and said, "No, most people do 10-12 hour days every day, on average." It was after comment that I declined to move forward in the hiring process. I was applying for a local rep position, not managerial.

Interview Questions

• Whether or not I had children. ** Completely against the law to ask this question**   1 Answer

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Schwan's (Marysville, MI).

Interview

I got brought into the depot and they walked me through the freezer to see if I would be able to handle the cold. Then we walked around the depot and explained what I would be doing and I watched the employees load trucks and pull the product.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in below-freezing temperatures before?   1 Answer

Field Leadership Training Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview

The process itself seemed quite unorganized and chaotic with multiple people being involved in the process prior to the first in-person interview. Interviewer did not seemed prepared for when I arrived at the location. It was nice that the interviewer was honest about the purpose of the program and hours involved. This position would require 50+ hours a week and has the end goal of managing a distribution depot.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to this position?   Answer Question
    • How have you had to deal with someone that disagrees with you?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you led a team and how were you efficient in doing so?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's in May 2017.

Interview

4 interviews. First a call from the recruiter, then a face to face with your Area Manager. Then a "Ride Along Day" (unpaid), then an interview from the Zone Manager

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Thorough, to the point, explained all aspects, knowledgeable. The manager explained everything expected in full detail. He offered me to ride along with an experienced RSR for a day to see exactly how a route is and to see if I could handle it.

Interview Questions

• How did you here about Schwan's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Clayton, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

Unprofessional. The interviewer talked to me with a mouth full of dip(tobacco) the whole time. His warehouse leader came in, a woman, several times flirting and touching each other. The priority was certainly not my interview. He acted as if he'd never seen a resume before. The interviewer used profane language in discussing the jobs and current and former employees. Unprofessional at the highest level.

Interview Questions

• Do I get along with women, because women work there   1 Answer
    • What is your religion   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marshall, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Marshall, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

If you pass drivers license check and health screen you will be hired. They will sell you a bill of goods. Dont waste your time. Dont risk your life in the run down unsafe trucks.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pampa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Schwan's (Pampa, TX).

Interview

It, was a pain!! No, one would call or describe my next step!! I, Had to call daily!! Schwans uses an out-sourced service to handle the new hires. It took me 3 months to get an offer. I, had other offers and should have taken them.