Schwan's RSR-Route Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schwan's RSR-Route Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Thorough, to the point, explained all aspects, knowledgeable. The manager explained everything expected in full detail. He offered me to ride along with an experienced RSR for a day to see exactly how a route is and to see if I could handle it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schwan's

Anonymous Employee in Marshall, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Marshall, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

If you pass drivers license check and health screen you will be hired. They will sell you a bill of goods. Dont waste your time. Dont risk your life in the run down unsafe trucks.

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

Had two phone screening . One was with a guy who was part of hiring team our of state. He was very nice and just wanted some background info. Once I passed the first phone screening he told me a zone manager would be calling me. He called and said he wanted to meet me in person.

Interview Questions

• Asked me how I've handled a tough situation from management standpoint.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Dayton, OH).

Interview

very long and thorough . about 2 or 3 interviews. RIDE DAY with a salesperson to see if you like it its on your own time you commit a 12 hour day. and then 4 weeks or more for background , DOT , license , and drug screen . Also had to ride in a smoky truck for the ride day and its kind of awkward the person is very busy ! So pack your own lunch . Also the person is suppose to answer all questions so make sure you do so. DO NOT STAY IN TRUCK , get out with the RSR and walk to every door because this person is who reports back to the hiring manager if you seemed like you were interested or enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• If you can commit a year before you decide if you want to stay or not . also to not look at pay as hourly but as a career and its residual growth overtime that you commit that creates your salary.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Winfield, WV

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Schwan's (Winfield, WV) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed 2 times due to a manager change. The current manager was overwhelmed when he arrived so the process was delayed. After the second go they made an offer and I started in April.

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Schwan's (Lubbock, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter, agreed to continue and ended up having a Skype interview with the zone manager to get things going quickly. I then met with the Area Manager the day after that and we both decided on the spot it would be a good fit and accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• Will long hours bother you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Three Rivers, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Three Rivers, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Easy they make it sound good about change. Its all a lie. They would hire a monkey if they could because no one stays. The pay is all right for training. Once your off it the pay is garbage.

Anonymous Employee in Brush, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Brush, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Outsourced initial interview over phone after online application. Face to face with Depot /Territory, very elementary interview. DOT MEDICAL and outsourced background check where you will do all the leg work in providing documentation to investigators. Inter view with Zone manager again simple, vague and very one sided.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself as a team player or a solo artist.
      Do you have sales experience?
      Can you follow rules and regulation set by Scwhans knowing that disciplinary action up to and including termination could be end results.
      Do you have the ability to run "your Own Business?"

In cross examination any questions you might pose with receive and short canned Corp. approved response.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Cleveland, OH) in September 2012.

Interview

it is about a 3-4 week process,you first apply to schwans by application if they like you a recruiter will contact you and set a interview up for the particular location they are hireing for the first interview takes 30 min to 1 hr if that manager likes you you will be asked to come back for a second time and meet with his regional manager if that works out you then have to pass a background check and drug test if you pass this you are presented the job and salary terms on condition of then passing a medical exam for your D.O.T. medical card.

Interview Questions

• what in your experience would make you successful in this position ?   Answer Question

RSR-Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottumwa, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Ottumwa, IA) in August 2010.

Interview

Hiring was easy, but long. I applied online & got a phone interview the next day. A face-to-face interview followed a few days later, as well as a job shadow (spending part of a day with a current RSR on his route to see what the job is like). The actual job offer didn't come for almost two months, and was contingent upon passing both a DOT physical and an occupational health physical, plus the mandatory drug screen, background check, etc.

By the way, I don't live in Ottumwa, but I don't want to disclose where I do actually live & work for Schwan's.

Interview Questions

• "How much money do you want to make?"

I told him.

He said "Guys make that here."

Five years later, I still make 30% less than I made at my old job.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. It is what it is.