Schwan's Route Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elkhorn, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Elkhorn, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial interview with high level overview to determine fit and interest.
    Follow up interview with local distribution representative.
    Ride along to see what a typical day would be like.
    Follow up to determine if still interested
    20-40 day training process
    Given route and able to make commissions

Interview Questions

• What interested me about the position?
      Explanation of all position requirements, then asked if I had questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's in May 2017.

Interview

4 interviews. First a call from the recruiter, then a face to face with your Area Manager. Then a "Ride Along Day" (unpaid), then an interview from the Zone Manager

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Thorough, to the point, explained all aspects, knowledgeable. The manager explained everything expected in full detail. He offered me to ride along with an experienced RSR for a day to see exactly how a route is and to see if I could handle it.

Interview Questions

• How did you here about Schwan's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Clayton, DE) in February 2017.

Interview

Unprofessional. The interviewer talked to me with a mouth full of dip(tobacco) the whole time. His warehouse leader came in, a woman, several times flirting and touching each other. The priority was certainly not my interview. He acted as if he'd never seen a resume before. The interviewer used profane language in discussing the jobs and current and former employees. Unprofessional at the highest level.

Interview Questions

• Do I get along with women, because women work there   1 Answer
    • What is your religion   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marshall, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Marshall, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

If you pass drivers license check and health screen you will be hired. They will sell you a bill of goods. Dont waste your time. Dont risk your life in the run down unsafe trucks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pampa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Schwan's (Pampa, TX).

Interview

It, was a pain!! No, one would call or describe my next step!! I, Had to call daily!! Schwans uses an out-sourced service to handle the new hires. It took me 3 months to get an offer. I, had other offers and should have taken them.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Pretty simple interview soft sell on company and culture. Really odd background check done by Indian company overseas'. I think this company profiles employees' I worked at a large depot.
    23 drivers all very similar personalities and values, good guys. I think they are just looking for bodies.

Interview Questions

• Interest in life, food, people prior jobs really basic easy interview. I did three phone interviews then got to meet the depot manager. A former used car salesman with big ambitions. I thing this is when they decide if they want you or not.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Johns Island, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Johns Island, SC).

Interview

Applied on indeed, called back within a week, went in for a interview with the Area Manager, went back for a Ride Along, waited for a call from the District manager, went to go do DOT physical, waited for results, waited for Background, waited for Start date. Waited two weeks for first paycheck, process took a Month and a Half (45 days).

Interview Questions

• Asked to sell him a old desk Calculator.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

Had two phone screening . One was with a guy who was part of hiring team our of state. He was very nice and just wanted some background info. Once I passed the first phone screening he told me a zone manager would be calling me. He called and said he wanted to meet me in person.

Interview Questions

• Asked me how I've handled a tough situation from management standpoint.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bryan, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Bryan, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview by phone was simple and quick. Phone interviewer was not precise with information regarding hours and days worked. Second interview is in person, it was a basic sales interview and personality evaluation. Third interview was over the phone with the regional manager and was quick.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Why do you want to work for Schwan's?
      How does safety affect your work attitude?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.