Schwan's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.3

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Dayton, OH).

Interview

very long and thorough . about 2 or 3 interviews. RIDE DAY with a salesperson to see if you like it its on your own time you commit a 12 hour day. and then 4 weeks or more for background , DOT , license , and drug screen . Also had to ride in a smoky truck for the ride day and its kind of awkward the person is very busy ! So pack your own lunch . Also the person is suppose to answer all questions so make sure you do so. DO NOT STAY IN TRUCK , get out with the RSR and walk to every door because this person is who reports back to the hiring manager if you seemed like you were interested or enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• If you can commit a year before you decide if you want to stay or not . also to not look at pay as hourly but as a career and its residual growth overtime that you commit that creates your salary.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Monticello, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Monticello, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by a local manager. Then a recruiter called and did an interview. I had to obtain a medical certificate in which the company paid for. Then I was able to obtain my chauffeurs license. I do believe there was some online paperwork that had to be completed.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work long hours?   1 Answer

Route Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmoreland, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Westmoreland, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Worst and longest process ive ever gone threw. They take for ever to get back to you. Dont do it.went for a ride along they told me about 2-4 hrs long.no one was around whenbi finally found someone. He was miserable and didnt know anything about it.when he finally found out it was going to be a 10 hr ride on a Saturday. I said sorry I cant. Tried to contract manager about confusin he never got back to me.not very professional in my opinion.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's in February 2010.

Interview

Will first be screened by recruiter, then formal interview with district sales leader and followed by regional v.p. after you get hired, they do a background check as well as a drug/ dot test to make sure your fit to drive their trucks.

Interview Questions

• Your going to work 60 hours a week plus, you'll be expected to be on the truck 2 to 3 days a week at a minimum working with your people and that's if your staffed. You'll be expected to run the routes yourself if your not and theirs no help available from neighboring depots all along while managing 6 to 15 other route sales people along with your warehouse crew, maintaining safety, maintaining dot compliance, depot training and etc..... Tell me what a normal work week is for you and a time where you had to multi task projects and what the outcome was?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

Complete background check, drug check, driving background check, DOT history check, work history check, reference check

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Schwan's in January 2012.

Interview

HR background check outsourced to HireRight - not very good, and does not take into account what the employee requests for privacy and confidentiality - ie called my current and past employers.
    I was not sure what the offer package was during the interview process.

Senior Manager Product Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's in July 2010.

Interview

First, applied for position online. Online application is very detailed and takes quite a bit of time. However, once you've done it, you can use it to apply for other positions. Next, got call back from internal HR for initial screening. Having passed that, had a 60 minute interview call with the Hiring Manager.

Interview Questions

• Share a time that you conceived of an idea and brought it to marketplace.   Answer Question

Deployment Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Bloomington, MN) in October 2009.

Interview

The hiring process began with a phone interview with the position's recruiter. I then had to go back 3 separate time for both group and 1:1 interviews, which was annoying. Professional work culture in a very nice suburban office setting. I met with the people who would become my co-workers along with the department's management and Vice President.

Interview Questions

• Please provide an example where you had to solve a difficult problem. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate but looking back I wish I would have at least tried to get a higher salary.

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Schwan's (Lubbock, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter, agreed to continue and ended up having a Skype interview with the zone manager to get things going quickly. I then met with the Area Manager the day after that and we both decided on the spot it would be a good fit and accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• Will long hours bother you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Johns Island, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Johns Island, SC).

Interview

Applied on indeed, called back within a week, went in for a interview with the Area Manager, went back for a Ride Along, waited for a call from the District manager, went to go do DOT physical, waited for results, waited for Background, waited for Start date. Waited two weeks for first paycheck, process took a Month and a Half (45 days).

Interview Questions

• Asked to sell him a old desk Calculator.   1 Answer