Schwan's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schwan's Interview Questions

Updated Jan 3, 2018

2.3

Field Leadership Training Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview

The process itself seemed quite unorganized and chaotic with multiple people being involved in the process prior to the first in-person interview. Interviewer did not seemed prepared for when I arrived at the location. It was nice that the interviewer was honest about the purpose of the program and hours involved. This position would require 50+ hours a week and has the end goal of managing a distribution depot.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to this position?   Answer Question
    • How have you had to deal with someone that disagrees with you?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you led a team and how were you efficient in doing so?   Answer Question

Food Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

First Online Resume Submission, I used Indeed Online application, Then HR Recruiter Phone Interview, Next Hiring Manager phone Interview, Followed by VP Phone Interview, Department Panel Interview, Acceptance Call, Acceptance Offer

Anonymous Employee in Elkhorn, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Elkhorn, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial interview with high level overview to determine fit and interest.
    Follow up interview with local distribution representative.
    Ride along to see what a typical day would be like.
    Follow up to determine if still interested
    20-40 day training process
    Given route and able to make commissions

Interview Questions

• What interested me about the position?
      Explanation of all position requirements, then asked if I had questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's in May 2017.

Interview

4 interviews. First a call from the recruiter, then a face to face with your Area Manager. Then a "Ride Along Day" (unpaid), then an interview from the Zone Manager

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Sacramento, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Will waste your time enourmously. More than 5 phone interviews, 2 in person, and then a 12 hour ride along day. You will not be compensated for this ride along but you will be asked to work.

Interview Questions

• They ask weird ones, about where you went to high school and college. Most questions will be asked multiple times but multiple people. That gives you a good idea how they run their company, poorly.   1 Answer

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Thorough, to the point, explained all aspects, knowledgeable. The manager explained everything expected in full detail. He offered me to ride along with an experienced RSR for a day to see exactly how a route is and to see if I could handle it.

Interview Questions

• How did you here about Schwan's?   1 Answer

Csr1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marshall, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Marshall, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

normal interview process, nothing out of the normal, very to the point and very professional. I would say only weird thing was a lot of online testing and such to get hired. Sitting in the recruiters shoes it is a necessary thing .

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marshall, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Marshall, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

If you pass drivers license check and health screen you will be hired. They will sell you a bill of goods. Dont waste your time. Dont risk your life in the run down unsafe trucks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pampa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Schwan's (Pampa, TX).

Interview

It, was a pain!! No, one would call or describe my next step!! I, Had to call daily!! Schwans uses an out-sourced service to handle the new hires. It took me 3 months to get an offer. I, had other offers and should have taken them.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Pretty simple interview soft sell on company and culture. Really odd background check done by Indian company overseas'. I think this company profiles employees' I worked at a large depot.
    23 drivers all very similar personalities and values, good guys. I think they are just looking for bodies.

Interview Questions

• Interest in life, food, people prior jobs really basic easy interview. I did three phone interviews then got to meet the depot manager. A former used car salesman with big ambitions. I thing this is when they decide if they want you or not.   Answer Question