Schwan's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schwan's Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2017

2.3

Associate Packaging Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schwan's in October 2016.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview, and then a Skype interview about 2 weeks later. After another 2 weeks, they flew me into Marshall from Minneapolis on their company plane! It was actually pretty neat I have to say! The in person interview started with a realtor picking me up at the airport and took me to coffee and showed me around Marshall for about an hour. She then dropped me off at the office which is very clean and welcoming! I got to meet the packaging team through hour long 1-on-1s and had others I did not interview with take me to a very good Italian lunch. I felt very at ease around the team and they were more than friendly! Interview questions were more related to my resume and behavioral which was not very difficult while being myself. Overall a very enjoyable time! They made me want to work there! But Marshall is very small and quiet which is perfect for when I'm older and not in my early 20s. Would love to consider their offer in the future!

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in food packaging and why Schwan's?   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Napoleon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schwan's (Napoleon, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Very detailed, many questions. Really got down to what I wanted out of the job and what I thought was expected of me. The area manager was very thorough and got into the questions that really made me think about the job itself. The details of the interview were more involved than other interviews i've gone through.

Interview Questions

• How reliable would you say your previous employer would say you were?   1 Answer

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Dayton, OH).

Interview

very long and thorough . about 2 or 3 interviews. RIDE DAY with a salesperson to see if you like it its on your own time you commit a 12 hour day. and then 4 weeks or more for background , DOT , license , and drug screen . Also had to ride in a smoky truck for the ride day and its kind of awkward the person is very busy ! So pack your own lunch . Also the person is suppose to answer all questions so make sure you do so. DO NOT STAY IN TRUCK , get out with the RSR and walk to every door because this person is who reports back to the hiring manager if you seemed like you were interested or enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• If you can commit a year before you decide if you want to stay or not . also to not look at pay as hourly but as a career and its residual growth overtime that you commit that creates your salary.   1 Answer

Director Level Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's in March 2016.

Interview

Initial communication was disorganized and I felt like I was inconveniencing THEM. It was very bizarre and immediately I knew it wasn't a place with a weird vibe. After a follow up call where I asked more questions than the manager, I suspected they weren't sure what they were truly looking for. I described the experience to people I know with ties to the company and each one of them validated that the culture is languishing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my professional background. This was the extent of my first interview.   Answer Question

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winfield, WV

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Schwan's (Winfield, WV) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed 2 times due to a manager change. The current manager was overwhelmed when he arrived so the process was delayed. After the second go they made an offer and I started in April.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Schwan's (Bloomington, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process moved very quickly. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. Had a phone interview with HR and then came into the office and met with three people for an hour each. Received an offer the same week. Loved hearing more about the company from the recruiter as it can be very difficult to learn about private companies.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work with someone whose personality was very different than yours. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

Phone interviewer with recruiter. General behavior based questions about past experiences. Then had a in person interview with 3 demand planners at their corporate location in Bloomington. More behavior based questions. Nothing technical.

Interview Questions

• Top 5 strengths, why Schwans, how your past experiences will benefit you in this position   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Associate Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schwan's (Florence, KY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online (December 2015). Was contacted by a recruiter 2 weeks later for an initial phone screen (asked about interests, background, salary requirements, etc.). Based on the phone screen, I was then invited onsite for an interview/tour. However, this was around peak/holiday season - so my onsite interview was rescheduled for a phone interview with the Sr. HR Manager. I was asked your typical questions again - skills, interests in the role, what I'm looking for, etc. After the holidays were over, I was invited for another onsite interview and tour with the same Sr. HR Manager and another HR Generalist. Everyone was very friendly and it was cool to tour the facility where the food is made and distributed. Make sure to wear closed toed shoes and pants! I wasn't able to go on the tour since I wore a skirt. So I came back in the week later for the tour, an interview with the Operations/Plant Manager, and another quick conversation with the Sr. HR Manager. The next day, I was contacted by the recruiter to setup an virtual interview with the VP of HR for later that week. That interview was more conversational/get to know you and your interests/background. A week later I was extended an offer (contingent on background check and drug screen). Overall the process was very speedy and the recruiter was great! There were a lot of interviews/conversations - they're really looking for fit.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? Opportunities for Development?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews over the phone. All nice people to interview with and they asked very in depth questions. Not a lot of pressure and they didn't ask any weird questions. All the interviewers had lots or experience with the company so they ere helpful in answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your ideal job situation?   1 Answer

Bakery Maintenance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's in November 2015.

Interview

Oddly enough my initial phone interview took place with HR on a Saturday morning. That went well so I was then scheduled for phone interview with the hiring manager. This also went well (so I thought )

Interview Questions

• Typical questions: tell me about a time when you were faced with a conflict and how was it resolved.   Answer Question