Schwan's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Schwan's

2.4

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schwan's (Atlanta, GA) in February 2009.

Interview

Corp enviroment, depending on the position, can be as many as 3 interviews or just come in the door and apply. hiring managers are normally pretty good with some details of the job, but leave some important things out.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Jackson, MS) in June 2013.

Interview

- Very thorough and action based
    - 3 interviews and a ride day
    - The District Manager was very involved. He also made sure that a candidate had passion in addition to business acumen.

Anonymous Employee in Show Low, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Show Low, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

4 interviews. One with Zone manager, one with Zone manager peer, one with HR and last with regional president. You have to get approved through all 4 stages to be in consideration for the job.

Interview Questions

• What's going to be your action plan for the first 3 months?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Schwan's (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

Total of 5 interviews over a 2 1/2 month period. Included Phone, Video, and Face-to-Face with Zone Manager, Site-Visit (Ride-Along Day), Phone Interview with another Zone Manager, and HR Manager Interview. I have experience in both Operations and HR, and looking for roles in either/both. VERY SLOW process! Was patient, but almost withdrew and should have due to the snail pace of the process. Company decided, after the lengthy time, not to move me as one of final two candidates because "I was not currently in a leadership role"...(i.e. Because I am currently unemployed). So I then apply to one of their HR openings, and received the generic rejection email. Will NEVER be a customer of theirs! Probably dodged a bullet with this one!

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schwan's in August 2018.

Interview

Very lengthy process that included interview with recruiter, zone manager, ride along, another zone manager, regional HR director, regional operations manager, regional VP...this took almost 2 months and then I was told 3 different times they were meeting to discuss my hiring only to be told a week later, by recruiter, not company rep, that they had offered the position to an internal candidate who had previously turned down the position multiple times. The local reps were very helpful and nice but the regional leaders acted in poor faith and unprofessionally. The leaders cannot be trusted. The sad part is they reached out to me, I did not apply for the position but only pursued it when contacted me.

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's in February 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with a Recruiter , another call with Area Manager. Basic questions, was promised a follow up from the Area Manager but he never did receive a response even after I reached out to him. All I wanted to know if I was going to be moved forward. Followed up with the Recruiter but never received a response back. Very unprofessional so just well I did not move forward and get a job with this company!

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

Phone interviewer with recruiter. General behavior based questions about past experiences. Then had a in person interview with 3 demand planners at their corporate location in Bloomington. More behavior based questions. Nothing technical.

Interview Questions

• Top 5 strengths, why Schwans, how your past experiences will benefit you in this position   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview

Applied through internships.com. Contacted by HR in about two days. Set up phone interview, she asked typical behavioral questions. It lasted about 10-15 minutes at most. She sent me over to regional manager. He called and we set up a face-to-face interview in Richardson. The interview with him was very laid back, he may have asked one or two behavioral based questions, and the rest was more like a conversation. He called in about a week stating I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interview questions. Nothing out of left field.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Being an intern there really was no negotiation, it was pretty much set in stone at $15/hr.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schwan's in April 2013.

Interview

HR call interview, then an interview with a manager, followed by a ride day, and the an interview with the district manager. For sales persons the process can be done in 2-3 weeks. Business casual clothing or better recommended. This is not a suit and tie job, but I wore one to my first interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation other than getting a pre-planned vacation approved.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview

Interview consisted of a 30 minute phone interview with a Senior Recruiter then a 1 hour interview with the hiring manager. Interview consisted of a review on my background and then some behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary was asked. Hardest questions were regarding sourcing techniques used.   Answer Question