Schwan's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.3

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Schwan's (Bloomington, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process moved very quickly. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. Had a phone interview with HR and then came into the office and met with three people for an hour each. Received an offer the same week. Loved hearing more about the company from the recruiter as it can be very difficult to learn about private companies.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work with someone whose personality was very different than yours. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

Phone interviewer with recruiter. General behavior based questions about past experiences. Then had a in person interview with 3 demand planners at their corporate location in Bloomington. More behavior based questions. Nothing technical.

Interview Questions

• Top 5 strengths, why Schwans, how your past experiences will benefit you in this position   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Associate Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schwan's (Florence, KY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online (December 2015). Was contacted by a recruiter 2 weeks later for an initial phone screen (asked about interests, background, salary requirements, etc.). Based on the phone screen, I was then invited onsite for an interview/tour. However, this was around peak/holiday season - so my onsite interview was rescheduled for a phone interview with the Sr. HR Manager. I was asked your typical questions again - skills, interests in the role, what I'm looking for, etc. After the holidays were over, I was invited for another onsite interview and tour with the same Sr. HR Manager and another HR Generalist. Everyone was very friendly and it was cool to tour the facility where the food is made and distributed. Make sure to wear closed toed shoes and pants! I wasn't able to go on the tour since I wore a skirt. So I came back in the week later for the tour, an interview with the Operations/Plant Manager, and another quick conversation with the Sr. HR Manager. The next day, I was contacted by the recruiter to setup an virtual interview with the VP of HR for later that week. That interview was more conversational/get to know you and your interests/background. A week later I was extended an offer (contingent on background check and drug screen). Overall the process was very speedy and the recruiter was great! There were a lot of interviews/conversations - they're really looking for fit.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? Opportunities for Development?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews over the phone. All nice people to interview with and they asked very in depth questions. Not a lot of pressure and they didn't ask any weird questions. All the interviewers had lots or experience with the company so they ere helpful in answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your ideal job situation?   1 Answer

Bakery Maintenance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's in November 2015.

Interview

Oddly enough my initial phone interview took place with HR on a Saturday morning. That went well so I was then scheduled for phone interview with the hiring manager. This also went well (so I thought )

Interview Questions

• Typical questions: tell me about a time when you were faced with a conflict and how was it resolved.   Answer Question

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Schwan's (Lubbock, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter, agreed to continue and ended up having a Skype interview with the zone manager to get things going quickly. I then met with the Area Manager the day after that and we both decided on the spot it would be a good fit and accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• Will long hours bother you?   1 Answer

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Three Rivers, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Three Rivers, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Easy they make it sound good about change. Its all a lie. They would hire a monkey if they could because no one stays. The pay is all right for training. Once your off it the pay is garbage.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schwan's (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Phone call interview by HR rep that asks you a few basic questions about yourself. Next day regional recruiting manager calls you and asks you some easy questions about doing sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be yourself

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schwan's (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and efficient, first a call from a recruiter and then a call from a local manager. I was asked to do a ride along for a day to see if the job would be something that I would like to do. The manager was extremely nice as well as the driver that I did my ride along with. Overall the company seemed to be a good company. I believe that there is some re-structuring going on company-wide, but it seems as if the changes are going to benefit the employees. Overall it was a pleasant and good experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would be available for evenings and Saturdays. I was asked if I could pass a DOT exam and testing. The company is very customer service based, so I was asked various scenario questions as well.   Answer Question

Route Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmoreland, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Westmoreland, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Worst and longest process ive ever gone threw. They take for ever to get back to you. Dont do it.went for a ride along they told me about 2-4 hrs long.no one was around whenbi finally found someone. He was miserable and didnt know anything about it.when he finally found out it was going to be a 10 hr ride on a Saturday. I said sorry I cant. Tried to contract manager about confusin he never got back to me.not very professional in my opinion.