Schwan's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schwan's Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Denver, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

phone interview first, then attended a hiring event at the warehouse. Once you are interviewed by a couple different managers you will be asked to do a ride along. The ride along is you riding with a current driver for an entire day to see if it is truly something that you are interested in doing. Once the ride is over you are asked if this is a job you are able to do and if so you will then be hired.

Interview Questions

• Do you have sales experience? Are you able to handle change?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview

Interview consisted of a 30 minute phone interview with a Senior Recruiter then a 1 hour interview with the hiring manager. Interview consisted of a review on my background and then some behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary was asked. Hardest questions were regarding sourcing techniques used.   Answer Question

Interview

First there was a phone interview with human resources. Then I had one face-to-face interview with my soon to be boss. It was a situational interview. I was very lucky and they called me on the way home from the interview to offer me the job. I accepted the job the next day and was working in the office three weeks later.

RSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schwan's (Fremont, CA).

Interview

Standard interview about customer service and expectations of providing service to customers. Learning the products, pricing and territory easy. Ability to learn the truck, delivery and customer service left to other senior rsr's.

Interview Questions

• Later, learned that the RSR handheld was 1980's equivalent. Also, GM had poor opinion on several customers in territory and was very bigoted and derogatory to supporting or helping customers with problems leaving me in a problem solving position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation provided or countered

District Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Dallas, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted by a Sr. Recruiter on the phone. That conversation lasted about 45 minutes, then was followed up by another phone interview. Following that, I went through a face-to-face interview with an HR manager at a Regional office, then a face-to-face interview with the Regional VP of the area. All interviews were a great experience. I was happy to see the type of qualities they were looking for like "Leadership qualities" instead of "Management capabilities".

That being said, I didn't get the job... but the experience was extremely pleasant. It inspired me to become a Schwan's customer.

Interview Questions

• I was not surprised by any questions really... It felt more like a conversation between professionals than an interview in every case. One question was "can you describe some of your leadership philosophies?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Fremont, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Process took no longer than a month, I had a call asking me when I can do a ride a long, then you decided if you like the job, then they start the background check and then..welcome to hell!

Interview Questions

• typical sales questions, not a big deal, they need drivers so you can be the world dumbest dude ever and they will hire you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Group interview, very laid back. Was told base pay is $40k a year. Turns out this "base pay" is actually training pay that gets taken away after 6 months. Went on a ride along with a driver that lasted 15 hours due to truck breaking down. Was not paid for this day. One on one interview with depot manager basically to see if I had any questions and offer job. Had to get DOT physical and background check.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was joke. No one knows what to ask. They had some paperwork and asked random template questions. Like what experience do you have. The rest was bragging about their company and their food and all was a big lie.

Interview

The process included two separate interviews. I went through the first interview and was asked to come back for the second. I wasn't originally offered the job but did get a call back a few months after and was hired over the phone.

Anonymous Employee in Commerce City, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Commerce City, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

I was at job fair and talked to one of the hiring managers about the job. After a week or so a Schwan's recruiter called me and we discussed the job. After speaking with him a few times they set up an interview. After interviewing they asked me to come back a week later to do a ride along, which went well. They called and offered me a job the next day. I had to complete a physical and go thru computer training.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had driven a truck before and how I stay organized.   1 Answer

See What Schwan's Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Former Systems Developer in Marshall, MN

Pros: “- Cost of living is super low in Marshall - I paid ~500/mo in rent with no roommates - CEO sets the tone consistently and the BU leaders are in lock step with him - Staff has a huge depth...”“- Cost of living is super low in Marshall - I paid ~500/mo in rent with no roommates - CEO sets the tone consistently and the BU leaders are in lock step with him - Staff has a huge depth of knowledge and experience - IT and HR and other support functions are phenomenal, never had a hitch with them, which is way different from other companies I have been with - Employee discount and store are excellent perks, as is the newer profit share initiative - Huge on safety, which is probably due to a poor track record in that area, but makes for a fun and safe environment” – Full Review