Schwan's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Schwan's Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schwan's (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Phone call interview by HR rep that asks you a few basic questions about yourself. Next day regional recruiting manager calls you and asks you some easy questions about doing sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be yourself

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schwan's (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and efficient, first a call from a recruiter and then a call from a local manager. I was asked to do a ride along for a day to see if the job would be something that I would like to do. The manager was extremely nice as well as the driver that I did my ride along with. Overall the company seemed to be a good company. I believe that there is some re-structuring going on company-wide, but it seems as if the changes are going to benefit the employees. Overall it was a pleasant and good experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would be available for evenings and Saturdays. I was asked if I could pass a DOT exam and testing. The company is very customer service based, so I was asked various scenario questions as well.   Answer Question

Route Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmoreland, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Westmoreland, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Worst and longest process ive ever gone threw. They take for ever to get back to you. Dont do it.went for a ride along they told me about 2-4 hrs long.no one was around whenbi finally found someone. He was miserable and didnt know anything about it.when he finally found out it was going to be a 10 hr ride on a Saturday. I said sorry I cant. Tried to contract manager about confusin he never got back to me.not very professional in my opinion.

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brush, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Brush, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Outsourced initial interview over phone after online application. Face to face with Depot /Territory, very elementary interview. DOT MEDICAL and outsourced background check where you will do all the leg work in providing documentation to investigators. Inter view with Zone manager again simple, vague and very one sided.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself as a team player or a solo artist.
      Do you have sales experience?
      Can you follow rules and regulation set by Scwhans knowing that disciplinary action up to and including termination could be end results.
      Do you have the ability to run "your Own Business?"

In cross examination any questions you might pose with receive and short canned Corp. approved response.   1 Answer

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Schwan's (Tacoma, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

they were eager to hire. if you would agree to long hours you were sure to be a candidate. they were only interested in those that showed enthusiasm for sales

Interview Questions

• how would you respond to someone that says no at the door   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's in March 2015.

Interview

First portion of the process was a basic phone interview with HR. After that I had a one on one with the depot manager. It was a straight forward interview asking things like: why do you want to work here, what do you know about the company, etc. After the depot manager I had a phone interview with the district manager. This lasted about 30 minutes. Overall one of the easiest interview processes I have experienced.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Schwan's (Springfield, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview went well the guy was amazing that called spent a while on the phone just discussing all kinds of things which set the tone for the company. The interview process went smooth and easy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's in December 2014.

Interview

Applied Online, called in 2 days to setup interview. Interview was generally questions about sales experience and how to handle difficult situations. Was told if considered would do a day long ride along on my own expense to determine if I would like the job. After the ride along, I was asked to if I wanted the job, and did a drug screen and DOT physical. After that HIRERIGHT started my background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle not being home or spending time that you would be required too otherwise.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Job offer was set in stone and offered at $115.00 per day during training. Commission wouldn't be offered until after the MGR felt I was ready to task the job as a full salesman. Usually 6 weeks is what I was told.

Interview

Easy, be yourself, don't lie or hide any information. One on one interview, then a phone interview with a higher up in the company, after that you are required to complete a drug test. After you pass everything Schwan's will train you for the job, typically takes 6 weeks complete but you are paid training pay.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Glendale, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Quick and simple - you first have to pass a phone screen where you are able to speak with one of the leading members of the leadership team if that goes well they will call you in for a one on one interview at one of the depot's where the trucks operate out of. If they like you they will give you a conditional just like any other employer after that you are on the fast track to becoming a schwans route sales representative. The overall experience was very professional and friendly.