Schwan's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Schwan's

2.4

Route Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmoreland, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Westmoreland, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Worst and longest process ive ever gone threw. They take for ever to get back to you. Dont do it.went for a ride along they told me about 2-4 hrs long.no one was around whenbi finally found someone. He was miserable and didnt know anything about it.when he finally found out it was going to be a 10 hr ride on a Saturday. I said sorry I cant. Tried to contract manager about confusin he never got back to me.not very professional in my opinion.

Route Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Louisville, KY) in August 2013.

Interview

1 interview and had the job I had worked there before for 13 years

Route Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Schwan's.

Interview

Informal, causal meeting at the branch depot. Felt very comfortable. Line of questioning for the position was focused on previous route/sales experience. Concerns were expressed also brought up about the hours of the position & if I would be able/willing to work the required hours for success.

Interview Questions

• Confident, friendly, outgoing personality is what secured my success for this sales route position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Vernon, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schwan's (North Vernon, IN) in September 2012.

Interview

They ask you if you have a valid license if you have any sales experience, if you have a family member that works for them, any traffic violation, any outstanding warrents or felonies, and can you drive either a manual or automatic transmission, any experience driving a box truck.

Anonymous Employee in Monticello, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Monticello, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by a local manager. Then a recruiter called and did an interview. I had to obtain a medical certificate in which the company paid for. Then I was able to obtain my chauffeurs license. I do believe there was some online paperwork that had to be completed.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work long hours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Denver, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

phone interview first, then attended a hiring event at the warehouse. Once you are interviewed by a couple different managers you will be asked to do a ride along. The ride along is you riding with a current driver for an entire day to see if it is truly something that you are interested in doing. Once the ride is over you are asked if this is a job you are able to do and if so you will then be hired.

Interview Questions

• Do you have sales experience? Are you able to handle change?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Tacoma, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

Multiple interviews with multiple levels of management. A ride day to see what the job is like. Plenty of information about the position shared up front and honestly. Drug screening, physical and good driving record required.

Anonymous Employee in Commerce City, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Commerce City, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

I was at job fair and talked to one of the hiring managers about the job. After a week or so a Schwan's recruiter called me and we discussed the job. After speaking with him a few times they set up an interview. After interviewing they asked me to come back a week later to do a ride along, which went well. They called and offered me a job the next day. I had to complete a physical and go thru computer training.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had driven a truck before and how I stay organized.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Group interview, very laid back. Was told base pay is $40k a year. Turns out this "base pay" is actually training pay that gets taken away after 6 months. Went on a ride along with a driver that lasted 15 hours due to truck breaking down. Was not paid for this day. One on one interview with depot manager basically to see if I had any questions and offer job. Had to get DOT physical and background check.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Glendale, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Quick and simple - you first have to pass a phone screen where you are able to speak with one of the leading members of the leadership team if that goes well they will call you in for a one on one interview at one of the depot's where the trucks operate out of. If they like you they will give you a conditional just like any other employer after that you are on the fast track to becoming a schwans route sales representative. The overall experience was very professional and friendly.