Schwan's Route Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 26, 2017

2.3

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schwan's (Louisville, KY) in October 2017.

Interview

Tge interviewing process was great and very fast. I applied, the next day received a phone screening, then scheduled an interview all within 2 days. The interview went great. Interviewer was very informative and welcoming.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Schwan's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Poway, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was painful to say the least.They have you go thru many interviews then they have you do a ride along day with a route that makes at best average numbers . If you pay attention how they act and all that is going on instead of just thinking about the idea of working there you will see the issues.These guys are burned out and even one of the managers told me how banged up the route is and all the problems on it and how the last person who ran it was a loser.Right then and there I knew that this place would be negative place to work.

Interview Questions

• There were no strong questions that are asked.Its more about them telling you about Schwans and talking about the long hours and if will you be alright working from 10am to 10pm.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Elkhorn, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Elkhorn, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial interview with high level overview to determine fit and interest.
    Follow up interview with local distribution representative.
    Ride along to see what a typical day would be like.
    Follow up to determine if still interested
    20-40 day training process
    Given route and able to make commissions

Interview Questions

• What interested me about the position?
      Explanation of all position requirements, then asked if I had questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Sacramento, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Will waste your time enourmously. More than 5 phone interviews, 2 in person, and then a 12 hour ride along day. You will not be compensated for this ride along but you will be asked to work.

Interview Questions

• They ask weird ones, about where you went to high school and college. Most questions will be asked multiple times but multiple people. That gives you a good idea how they run their company, poorly.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pampa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Schwan's (Pampa, TX).

Interview

It, was a pain!! No, one would call or describe my next step!! I, Had to call daily!! Schwans uses an out-sourced service to handle the new hires. It took me 3 months to get an offer. I, had other offers and should have taken them.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Pretty simple interview soft sell on company and culture. Really odd background check done by Indian company overseas'. I think this company profiles employees' I worked at a large depot.
    23 drivers all very similar personalities and values, good guys. I think they are just looking for bodies.

Interview Questions

• Interest in life, food, people prior jobs really basic easy interview. I did three phone interviews then got to meet the depot manager. A former used car salesman with big ambitions. I thing this is when they decide if they want you or not.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Johns Island, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Johns Island, SC).

Interview

Applied on indeed, called back within a week, went in for a interview with the Area Manager, went back for a Ride Along, waited for a call from the District manager, went to go do DOT physical, waited for results, waited for Background, waited for Start date. Waited two weeks for first paycheck, process took a Month and a Half (45 days).

Interview Questions

• Asked to sell him a old desk Calculator.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bryan, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Bryan, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview by phone was simple and quick. Phone interviewer was not precise with information regarding hours and days worked. Second interview is in person, it was a basic sales interview and personality evaluation. Third interview was over the phone with the regional manager and was quick.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Why do you want to work for Schwan's?
      How does safety affect your work attitude?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schwan's (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Phone call interview by HR rep that asks you a few basic questions about yourself. Next day regional recruiting manager calls you and asks you some easy questions about doing sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be yourself

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schwan's (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and efficient, first a call from a recruiter and then a call from a local manager. I was asked to do a ride along for a day to see if the job would be something that I would like to do. The manager was extremely nice as well as the driver that I did my ride along with. Overall the company seemed to be a good company. I believe that there is some re-structuring going on company-wide, but it seems as if the changes are going to benefit the employees. Overall it was a pleasant and good experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would be available for evenings and Saturdays. I was asked if I could pass a DOT exam and testing. The company is very customer service based, so I was asked various scenario questions as well.   Answer Question