Schwan's Route Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elkhorn, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Elkhorn, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial interview with high level overview to determine fit and interest.
Follow up interview with local distribution representative.
Ride along to see what a typical day would be like.
Follow up to determine if still interested
20-40 day training process
Given route and able to make commissions

Interview Questions

• What interested me about the position?
    Explanation of all position requirements, then asked if I had questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schwan's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pampa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Schwan's (Pampa, TX).

Interview

It, was a pain!! No, one would call or describe my next step!! I, Had to call daily!! Schwans uses an out-sourced service to handle the new hires. It took me 3 months to get an offer. I, had other offers and should have taken them.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Pretty simple interview soft sell on company and culture. Really odd background check done by Indian company overseas'. I think this company profiles employees' I worked at a large depot.
    23 drivers all very similar personalities and values, good guys. I think they are just looking for bodies.

Interview Questions

• Interest in life, food, people prior jobs really basic easy interview. I did three phone interviews then got to meet the depot manager. A former used car salesman with big ambitions. I thing this is when they decide if they want you or not.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Johns Island, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Johns Island, SC).

Interview

Applied on indeed, called back within a week, went in for a interview with the Area Manager, went back for a Ride Along, waited for a call from the District manager, went to go do DOT physical, waited for results, waited for Background, waited for Start date. Waited two weeks for first paycheck, process took a Month and a Half (45 days).

Interview Questions

• Asked to sell him a old desk Calculator.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bryan, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's (Bryan, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview by phone was simple and quick. Phone interviewer was not precise with information regarding hours and days worked. Second interview is in person, it was a basic sales interview and personality evaluation. Third interview was over the phone with the regional manager and was quick.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Why do you want to work for Schwan's?
      How does safety affect your work attitude?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schwan's (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Phone call interview by HR rep that asks you a few basic questions about yourself. Next day regional recruiting manager calls you and asks you some easy questions about doing sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be yourself

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schwan's (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and efficient, first a call from a recruiter and then a call from a local manager. I was asked to do a ride along for a day to see if the job would be something that I would like to do. The manager was extremely nice as well as the driver that I did my ride along with. Overall the company seemed to be a good company. I believe that there is some re-structuring going on company-wide, but it seems as if the changes are going to benefit the employees. Overall it was a pleasant and good experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would be available for evenings and Saturdays. I was asked if I could pass a DOT exam and testing. The company is very customer service based, so I was asked various scenario questions as well.   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schwan's in March 2015.

Interview

First portion of the process was a basic phone interview with HR. After that I had a one on one with the depot manager. It was a straight forward interview asking things like: why do you want to work here, what do you know about the company, etc. After the depot manager I had a phone interview with the district manager. This lasted about 30 minutes. Overall one of the easiest interview processes I have experienced.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Schwan's (Springfield, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview went well the guy was amazing that called spent a while on the phone just discussing all kinds of things which set the tone for the company. The interview process went smooth and easy.

Route Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schwan's in December 2014.

Interview

Applied Online, called in 2 days to setup interview. Interview was generally questions about sales experience and how to handle difficult situations. Was told if considered would do a day long ride along on my own expense to determine if I would like the job. After the ride along, I was asked to if I wanted the job, and did a drug screen and DOT physical. After that HIRERIGHT started my background check.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle not being home or spending time that you would be required too otherwise.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Job offer was set in stone and offered at $115.00 per day during training. Commission wouldn't be offered until after the MGR felt I was ready to task the job as a full salesman. Usually 6 weeks is what I was told.