Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

The first round was basic HR round. The second round was technical round and it went on for an hour. Basic C and C++ questions and questions related to past experience. Next it was an onsite interview , there was a technical presentation and 3 technical rounds and final round with hr regarding benefits.

Interview Questions

• There where many topics which were covered during the interview. They asked questions regarding algorithms, embedded systems,OS,networking and few coding interview questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc..

Interview

I applied online . Initially had phone interview . Asked me some questions from my resume and then asked some basic questions 1) What is a semaphore? 2) Where union is used ? . Then I was given a programming assignment which I had to complete in half an hour . It was to reverse a string .

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between high level language and assembly language?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. in January 2015.

Interview

This interview was for a ‘Firmware Developer’. The very first round was a basic phone screen which concentrated on behavioral type and work experience related general questions. After the decision, the second phone screening was a group/panel interview with questions related to job desc. Like RTOS, C, C++ and microprocessor. Resume related questions can be expected.

Interview Questions

• As it was a group interview on phone, the questions were literally like a rapid fire.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Pullman, WA).

Interview

The process takes about a month to a month and a half. First there is a general HR interview. Technical questions are asked but they are general c questions. Next interview is with hiring managers. This one goes really in depth and many questions are asked. After that there is an on site interview that last about 6 hours. This includes a 30+ min presentation followed by a sequence of interviews and finally a meeting with the HR about benefits and last a lunch. Overall the attention to detail in this company is amazing. I enjoyed the interview process even though it was definitely not an easy process. I got called very soon after my last interview with an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Pullman, WA).

Interview

Interview consisted of one hour technical questions followed by a second hour presenting code from a project I had worked on. The technical questions were standard C++ competency questions. The second hour code review was just that, a code review. I had to justify my design choices,etc. Every one was professional and nice. The end of the process was a lunch interview which was laid back and relaxed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Thei offer was good so I accepted.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc..

Interview

The interview process was great. I had a technical phone interview, and then I was brought on site for an interview. The on-site interview consisted of a number of small interviews, but was highlighted by a 30-60 minutes technical presentation that I had to perform.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would solve this problem, and the complexity (Big-O) of it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation wasn't too great. They negotiated on the smaller things (relocation), but not on the salary.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. in June 2014.

Interview

Telephone HR interview consisting of legal questions, HR questions, Resume questions and programming questions. This was followed by a C coding task sent via email.
    The next step is an interview with the hiring manager and after clearing that an onsite interview takes place.

Interview Questions

• Replacing substrings within a string with a string without using temporary storage.   Answer Question
    • What is a semaphor?   Answer Question
    • Describe the software development cycle?   Answer Question
    • What are the general requirements/criteria to be achieved in the software design?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Pullman, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

I got first phone call for HR interview in which they asked generic questions about my resume. After that they gave me a C programming task which I need to complete and email in half an hour. Some days after that my technical phone interview was scheduled. The technical phone interview lasted about an hour and there were multiple people interviewing me on phone. Phone interview was mainly focussed on C related concepts and some signal processing related concepts. After that I was called for onsite technical interview in Pullman.

For onsite interview I was asked to prepare a technical presentation. The day started with technical presentation in front of a panel of 6-7 people. After the presentation they asked multiple questions related to my presentation. After that I was interviewed by a team of 2 people focussing mainly on DSP concepts, Embedded RTOS concepts and C programming. After that I was taken for lunch with three more engineers.

After that I was given a task to write a program in C in the presence of another engineer.
    After that my last interview was with one of senior management executives which was focussing more on HR and behavioral questions. The last session was an HR session in which the HR representative gave an overview of all the benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Pullman, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

I met the recruit team at the Career fair, got interview next day, then on-site interview for the whole day. There are 4 rounds on the on-site interview day. I had to give a presentation, then panel questions. Then group interview, manager interview, lunch, then group interview, and dinner.

Interview Questions

• Reverse string in place, questions about TCP/UDP, priority inversion.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Pullman, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed for C# position. Initially, Got a call from recruiter to schedule the phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview lasted for an hour and was technical. The interview covered various aspects of software engineering, OOP concepts.
    Some questions are
    Tell me about SDLC and each stage.
    Explain OOP concepts in detail
    What are the features of .NET framework
    Garabage collection in .NET, use of dispose() method
    Boxing and Unboxing
    Function of CLR, CTS in .NET framework
    Managed vs Unmanaged code in .NET
    UML Diagrams, use of class, sequence, usecase diagram
    How do you write a design document
    What are design patterns and various types of design patterns