Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 31, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Pullman, WA).

Interview

I didn't get past the first round, I talked to an HR women over the phone and she asked some very basic question about object oriented languages and the interview lasted about 30 - 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are the pros and cons of using assembly in embedded systems?   Answer Question

Project Engineer - Protection Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. in February 2017.

Interview

The First round was with HR and it was a phone interview for 30 minutes. The Second round was with two hiring managers and was a phone interview for 1 hour

Interview Questions

• The questions were based on SEL values, behavioral questions, and technical questions related to relays.   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Round - 1: HR
    Round - 2: Technical questions based on Automation, IEC 61850, DNP3 and Modbus
    Round - 3: On-site interview. 2 Presentations (1 hours) and one hour of grilling session (Technical)

Interview Questions

• Most of my experience in Automation   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Pullman, WA).

Interview

Thirty minute phone interview with an HR person. First half was standard HR questions and second half involved some basic circuit analysis questions. Overall not too hard. The next interviewing round is with the team that is hiring. It is more technical.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at SEL? What are your thoughts about living in Pullman? What do you know about our company?

They described a simple resistor network and had me calculate voltages and currents based on that. Also had a simple transformer circuit with more questions about voltages and currents.
      Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

First was a 30 min phone call with an HR Rep asking about my values and how they match the companies. Then an one and a half hour technical questions interview.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Pullman, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. I heard back from a recruiter 2 weeks down the road: 1)scheduled an HR phone call to talk about salary expectations etc 2)scheduled a technical screening interview with the same HR employeer 3) scheduled a technical interview with the hiring team that took about 45mins

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions, pretty typical: give us an instance when you didn't like your job/task?
      Technical: KV., LPF circuitry. how does an amplifier work?
      Answer Question

Power Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Pullman, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a mail saying submit transcripts. After the wait period of a week got a confirmation and asked to schedule interview. Got a call from HR and was asked basic hr questions and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Very basic Power system questions   1 Answer

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Pullman, WA).

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. There were 2 people interviewing me and I had to go through 2 separate interviews. The first was just to screen people and the second got into your job history and qualifications. There was also a skills test involving simple assembling procedures that you had to perform in a limited time and do some simple math problems.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I would be fine doing the same thing day after day repetitiously.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Pullman, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Gave them my resume at a career fair. A few weeks later I heard back from them and set up and interview. I interviewed with 4 engineers and they asked a variety of questions about my resume/interest in SEL. At then end they asked me a quick coding question to do on the board.

Interview Questions

• When given two strings, determine if one is an anagram of the other.   1 Answer

Project Engineer I - Automation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Pullman, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

3 Step Process.
    1. HR call for 30minutes mainly to test your fit for the role.
    2. 1 hour Webex call with recruiting manager and his boss. Quite technical and good test of your knowledge.
    3. Onsite call with a presentation and an interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about your projects in your resume. Programming questions and overall power systems understanding question.   Answer Question