Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

3.2

Project Engineer I - Automation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Pullman, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

3 Step Process.
    1. HR call for 30minutes mainly to test your fit for the role.
    2. 1 hour Webex call with recruiting manager and his boss. Quite technical and good test of your knowledge.
    3. Onsite call with a presentation and an interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about your projects in your resume. Programming questions and overall power systems understanding question.   Answer Question

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Pullman, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a member of the HR department for a phone interview. In the phone call where they asked if I was available for an interview, they also asked if I had a few minutes to answer some preliminary questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Why do you want to work for SEL? Which of our core values do you most identify with?   Answer Question

Power Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. in September 2016.

Interview

I got an phone interview with the hiring manager 2 weeks after i applied. I was asked some general questions about myself and then some technical questions. The interview lasted for about 30mins.

Engineer I, II - Protection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Detroit, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from HR followed by a video interview after a week. Then was called on-site for face to face interview with the hiring team. Was asked to deliver a presentation for about 20-25 mins followed by Q&A session which involved white board discussion. After that had a briefing about benefits and stuff followed by lunch. I was following up for about 45 days after the onsite interview and there was not any solid response. It was very upsetting as I didn't expect such a company like SEL to be unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Generator protection, Transformer protection, Relay settings for distance protection, basic problems involving KCL, KVL   Answer Question

Hardware Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Pullman, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Calculating currents, led circuits, capacitor time constants, resistor networks, power equations, salary, compensation, experience, overly focused on why I left a previous job, probably asked about this for 20 minutes until I was ready to hang up on her (this job was from over 6 years ago).

Interview Questions

• Calculate the resistor for a given current for an led circuit.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Pullman, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position online. Some days later, an hr contacted me and scheduled a phone interview 45mins, she is very nice and patient, you can ask her any questions you want to know. 1 week later, another hr interviewed with me, asked me some questions related to my previous experiences about 15mins and then asked me lots of technical questions about 30 mins. They told me the result within 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Do you like electric power industry? How your value meet our value? What is your degree? Why choose our company? Why do you want to relocate to Pullman? What's the difference between object and class? What is the inheritance? And some questions related to Objected-Oriented Programming.   Answer Question

Engineer I - Protection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Detroit, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview with HR for 25-30 min. It started with basic questions about sponsorship, relocation, knowledge about SEL values, teamwork etc. Then the interview got technical. The HR was taking notes and will give it to the Hiring Manager for further evaluation. The interviewer was very polite and I had a really good experience with her.

Interview Questions

• 1. Relay pickup settings
      2. How many relays have you set in your career?
      3. questions about fault and sequence current
      4. connection of relays with CT
      Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Telephone, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Started with what are the Companies standards and if there was any questions. I asked about training. That was followed by General Questions about the Company Culture. She also asked about customer service and what the Company's main products are and if I had used them,

Standard and Regular interview questions. Best asset or strength. Why do you want to work at SEL.

General or basic Electrical questions.

Answered most questions with STAR. Next interview would be more technical and then an interview with local employees, owners, a board or panel of people.

Said she would call back by a certain date, did not, called to follow-up no response.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. in June 2016.

Interview

The phone interview lasted for 30 minutes with few HR questions including "tell me about yourself" , "past work experience" , "things you liked and disliked about your job" and "how you got to know about SEL".
    The technical questions were related to relays, ac circuits, kvl law , power triangle etc

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (Pullman, WA).

Interview

Phone call to schedule first in person interview with a panel of 3 and a followup phone call to schedule a second half day interview with a panel of 2, tour of work facility, and evening social event. The first interview was with my potential direct supervisor, and a few of their peers. The second interview was with my potential supervisor's direct report and their supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What is the largest event I have coordinated in the last year and how was it handled?   1 Answer

See What Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Associate Software Engineer in Charlotte, NC

Pros: “Employee Stock Ownership Program is a great investment!”“Employee Stock Ownership Program is a great investment!” – Full Review