SciQuest Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2017

2.8

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SciQuest (Morrisville, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was set up by phone via staffing agency. I was contacted via phone by manager, about a week later live interview conducted by 2 qualified peers at the workplace. Questions were well thought, interview was technical, complex, well planned. I was able to answer most questions with a good response time, I handled the technical aspect, including a hands-on challenge, with relative ease. Overall, it was one of the better interview experiences I've had.

Interview Questions

• Example: How do you grow logical volumes in a Linux LVM environment?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SciQuest (New York, NY).

Interview

Rapid fire interviews back to back to back with 5 different people. A lot of the same questions asked over and over again due to this, which gets to be mundane. Was told as I was interviewing that the boss that would be hiring me would be leaving (after 6 months with the company) which was very concerning. Was given what felt like a false positive vibe from the company. Too many times they talked about how happy they were and the "atmosphere" in the office is so much fun, but the rapid delivery of this information construed a common sign of covering up internal pressure and general unease.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with coming forward with process improvements?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SciQuest (Morrisville, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

- Phone interview with HR Recruiter
    - Immediate follow up for face to face interview
    - In person interview with CMO and Recruiter
    - A few days of follow-up between the recruiter and I
    - Offered a position by the end of the week

Interview Questions

• Q: Years of experience with various Marketing Technology?
      Q: Philosophy on leads and relationship between marketing/sales?
      Q: A few in-depth questions around the job and how to handle "x" problem. Fairly straight forward.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SciQuest (Morrisville, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

3, phone interviews and then flown to Morrisville, NC.

-broad interview with manager... Nothing of substance. This person was super late to the interview on the phone so we chatted for 15 minutes and I insisted we talk again when they had more time.

-spoke that following Monday as the previous one was a Friday. With no indication I was what they were looking for, I received a note from Group VP who asked to speak elite me.

-conversation with Group VP who was very kind. More o a conversation about experience vs Q & A which was more refreshing.

- next day was contacted by HR and then by Sales Operations Assistant to set up travel plans where I received the details to do ANY presentation following the guidelines which were almost none (details below)

- received a call the next day , upon returning from their offices. With little feedback but did not get job.

Interview Questions

• Details for the presentation:
      -This should be a closing event
      -You have spent time with the customer/prospect
      -Preferably in a related industry
      -Be prepared to tell us “the customers” what industry we are in and the C level role we play (finance, IT, etc.)
      -Bring your presentation on a USB/Memory Stick (a PC will provided for you)   1 Answer
    • None. They only want to know if you can sell a new product. Not if you can upsell. They also do not give the candidate opportunities to ask questions.   Answer Question

SciQuest Response

Jul 11, 2016 – Director, Sales Operations

At SciQuest we strive to ensure that every candidate has a positive experience, regardless of the outcome, and we thank you for your feedback. While these types of sales presentations can be... More

Junior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SciQuest in June 2016.

Interview

I met with some people from SciQuest at a career fair and then applied online and got an e-mail from them asking to schedule a phone screen interview with me. The phone interview took about 45 minutes. First the interviewer asked me to go to my computer. He e-mailed me a code snippet to look at and I had had to pick out as many logical and syntactical errors as I could find. Then he asked about 6 or 7 general technical questions. I didn't get invited to the next round, but I don't really have any complaints about the process.

Interview Questions

• Small code sample to look at. Find everything logically and syntactically wrong with it.

Abstract class versus interface. Give example of a common library using an interface. Why use an interface instead of an abstract class? How does an abstract class make its objects define their own method specification?

Static versus non-static. How does a non-static object access static data and methods?

Private vs. Protected vs. Public   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SciQuest (Morrisville, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

We started with an initial phone interview, followed by an in person round a week later. I spoke with seven different team members in four meetings. The team really wanted to gauge if I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How did you diffuse your most difficult client situation?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SciQuest (Morrisville, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

A two-part process - 1) phone interview with hiring manager and 2) on-site interview with hiring manager, HR and 3 other managers. The phone interview was 30-45 minutes and was primarily an overview of the position with specific questions related to my experience. The on-site interview as 2 1/2 hours (30 minutes per person) and was a mix of behavioral and work experience questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were disappointed with the outcome of a project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project that you worked on that you're proud of.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SciQuest.

Interview

Process is Standard. Manager then VP, then presentation at corp.

SciQuest does not appear to have a clear corporate vision. Everything you read in reviews appears to be true. Mgt appears to be dictatorial. Any don't question anything because Mgt will not be happy. Lots of red flags in the interview process. After the third interview it was clear they really want either someone young or a used car type of sales person. They want consultative sales people but not anyone who thinks for themselves. Questioning the status quo approach or even the Corp environment is not considered acceptable behavior. If you are a sales person with any experience or expertise don't walk from this company. Run!

Strategic Sourcing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SciQuest in October 2015.

Interview

Received call to do phone interview from hiring manager, set up phone interview. We had (i thought) a productive phone interview and concluded that the next step was to come into RTP office for a face to face, closing remark was I would be contacted within 2 weeks to set up that face to face. I never received any notification and I made a follow up phone call and voicemail to the hiring manager at 3 weeks post interview. I followed up with an additional email and another phone call over the course of the following 2 weeks, did not receive any response. Total was 3 phone calls and 2 emails over the course of 6 weeks, no response to any of them.

The reviews on glassdoor did not portray the company in a positive fashion, but my own personal discussions with existing and former employees was extremely positive.

I think it would be a professional courtesy to at least respond declining to move forward, especially if the closing remark is to set up a time to come in to interview face to face.

Interview Questions

• The position and questions were fitting to my experiences and skills.   1 Answer

Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SciQuest (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

I was linked up to the company through a recruiter. The phone interviews went very fast, and I was told, extremely well. Interviews were with 3 VPs and 1 Director. Visited the Corporate HQ for the final step, where I was to role play a sales presentation. The presentation went fairly well, except in the eyes of one individual, who showed up late, and spent the entire presentation going over my resume; it appeared, for the first time. A few questions were asked that are really outside the scope of introductory sales presentations, I didn't answer them well in their eyes, so the process stopped there.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain double byte languages?   1 Answer