SciQuest Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SciQuest Interview Questions

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SciQuest (Morrisville, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

3, phone interviews and then flown to Morrisville, NC.

-broad interview with manager... Nothing of substance. This person was super late to the interview on the phone so we chatted for 15 minutes and I insisted we talk again when they had more time.

-spoke that following Monday as the previous one was a Friday. With no indication I was what they were looking for, I received a note from Group VP who asked to speak elite me.

-conversation with Group VP who was very kind. More o a conversation about experience vs Q & A which was more refreshing.

- next day was contacted by HR and then by Sales Operations Assistant to set up travel plans where I received the details to do ANY presentation following the guidelines which were almost none (details below)

- received a call the next day , upon returning from their offices. With little feedback but did not get job.

Interview Questions

• Details for the presentation:
      -This should be a closing event
      -You have spent time with the customer/prospect
      -Preferably in a related industry
      -Be prepared to tell us “the customers” what industry we are in and the C level role we play (finance, IT, etc.)
      -Bring your presentation on a USB/Memory Stick (a PC will provided for you)
      1 Answer
    • None. They only want to know if you can sell a new product. Not if you can upsell. They also do not give the candidate opportunities to ask questions.   Answer Question

SciQuest Response

Jul 11, 2016 – Director, Sales Operations

At SciQuest we strive to ensure that every candidate has a positive experience, regardless of the outcome, and we thank you for your feedback. While these types of sales presentations can be ... More

Junior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SciQuest in June 2016.

Interview

I met with some people from SciQuest at a career fair and then applied online and got an e-mail from them asking to schedule a phone screen interview with me. The phone interview took about 45 minutes. First the interviewer asked me to go to my computer. He e-mailed me a code snippet to look at and I had had to pick out as many logical and syntactical errors as I could find. Then he asked about 6 or 7 general technical questions. I didn't get invited to the next round, but I don't really have any complaints about the process.

Interview Questions

• Small code sample to look at. Find everything logically and syntactically wrong with it.

Abstract class versus interface. Give example of a common library using an interface. Why use an interface instead of an abstract class? How does an abstract class make its objects define their own method specification?

Static versus non-static. How does a non-static object access static data and methods?

Private vs. Protected vs. Public
      Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SciQuest in October 2015.

Interview

Received call to do phone interview from hiring manager, set up phone interview. We had (i thought) a productive phone interview and concluded that the next step was to come into RTP office for a face to face, closing remark was I would be contacted within 2 weeks to set up that face to face. I never received any notification and I made a follow up phone call and voicemail to the hiring manager at 3 weeks post interview. I followed up with an additional email and another phone call over the course of the following 2 weeks, did not receive any response. Total was 3 phone calls and 2 emails over the course of 6 weeks, no response to any of them.

The reviews on glassdoor did not portray the company in a positive fashion, but my own personal discussions with existing and former employees was extremely positive.

I think it would be a professional courtesy to at least respond declining to move forward, especially if the closing remark is to set up a time to come in to interview face to face.

Interview Questions

• The position and questions were fitting to my experiences and skills.   1 Answer

Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SciQuest (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

I was linked up to the company through a recruiter. The phone interviews went very fast, and I was told, extremely well. Interviews were with 3 VPs and 1 Director. Visited the Corporate HQ for the final step, where I was to role play a sales presentation. The presentation went fairly well, except in the eyes of one individual, who showed up late, and spent the entire presentation going over my resume; it appeared, for the first time. A few questions were asked that are really outside the scope of introductory sales presentations, I didn't answer them well in their eyes, so the process stopped there.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain double byte languages?   1 Answer

Production Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SciQuest.

Interview

Submitted through someone I knew who works at SciQuest. I was contacted by HR who scheduled an in person interview. She also sent an application to fill out, asking for two references.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SciQuest (Cary, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR was pretty typical. She said she was going to recommend that I be interviewed in person. A few weeks went by and some follow ups I sent but no response. Finally about a month later she called to set up the in person.

In person was 4 interviews lasting 30 mins each then a conclusion meeting with the HR rep. All pretty standard PM type questions. Conversations went well in my opinion. At the conclusion the HR rep said they hope to make a decision in a week or 2 and that their policy is they will let me know either way if I was selected. A week later she called to say the position was put on hold. I followed up a month later and she promptly responded that it was still on hold. Another month went by and I sent a follow up to check in again about the status of the position. This time no response at all. It is unfortunate that they cannot take the time to sent a quick email to let you know something. Other than the way it was left with no response at all, the interview process was very good. They just need to improve on their communcations.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really too difficult if you are an experienced successful Project Manager. Some behavioral questions mainly.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SciQuest (Cary, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

The job was posted in June of this year. I asked my friend inside the company whether this was a good opportunity for me, and he said yes. I applied. I went through 5 interviews involving 6 people in one morning. The hiring manager was civil, but had no patience for introductory pleasantries. The manager told me one candidate had completed a round of interviews before me, and that this man was not a fit. Everyone else seemed pleasant and smart.

I was called back in for an interview with the VP of HR the same week.

A couple weeks later, the job was re-posted. I have never since been contacted by the company.

It is August and I believe the job has now been re-re-posted. Perhaps the 100% perfect candidate will yet surface for this position?

One oddity/annoyance in the interview process is that nearly everyone independently made a cult-like mention of "passion," and how important "passion" is to being hired to work there. No one defined what passion is or how it shows up, however. I get the impression that the company is either looking for a particular personality type or is seeking workaholics on the cheap. When it comes to work-related "passion," I have no shame about my accomplishments, work ethic, or dedication to achieving goals.

Interview Questions

• The head of sales outlined his current prospecting approach for a new market segment and asked me for a critique.   1 Answer

Product Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SciQuest (Cary, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

Talked with HR during initial phone screen. Discussed reasons why considering SciQuest, salary range, etc. In-person interview consisted of 4 1:1 30 minute discussions. VP, Dev Mgr, Ops Mgr, HR VP.

VP discussion was centered on previous work experience, qualities that matched position.
    Dev Mgr discussion focused on day-to-day operations, motivation, projects.
    Ops Mgr discussion topics were more technical in nature, discussing various technical solutions used in the past.
    HR VP asked about challenges in previous employment, how current boss would describe you, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would your current boss describe you in general, and a weakness that he/she recognizes in you.   Answer Question
    • How do you motivate a team which is under mutliple tight deadlines?   Answer Question

IT Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SciQuest (Raleigh, NC) in July 2011.

Interview

Initially a phone screening and then multiple 1 on 1 interviews. The onsite interview took about 6 hours moving from person to person. It can be difficult being "on" for so long, but I assume that's the point; to see if you crack. Also the interviewers did not have prepared questions, so that was a bit disconcerting. I'm going to venture that they are looking for a personality fit.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style and how do you manage technical people?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SciQuest in September 2009.

Interview

Sent designed resume by mail to hiring manager
    Called by hiring manager for brief phone interview—general questions about experience and marketing initiatives that were successful.
    Hiring manager had actually seen a direct mail piece I did for a former employer.
    Scheduled interview.
    Beginning of interview given description of company, its products and marketing department functions and reporting structure.
    Interview was basic questions on marketing philosophy and past accomplishments.
    Interview took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself going in the future with SciQuest?   Answer Question
    • How are you at working with product managers who have responsibility for a wide range of different products?   Answer Question