SciQuest Product Marketing Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Product Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SciQuest (Cary, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

The job was posted in June of this year. I asked my friend inside the company whether this was a good opportunity for me, and he said yes. I applied. I went through 5 interviews involving 6 people in one morning. The hiring manager was civil, but had no patience for introductory pleasantries. The manager told me one candidate had completed a round of interviews before me, and that this man was not a fit. Everyone else seemed pleasant and smart.

I was called back in for an interview with the VP of HR the same week.

A couple weeks later, the job was re-posted. I have never since been contacted by the company.

It is August and I believe the job has now been re-re-posted. Perhaps the 100% perfect candidate will yet surface for this position?

One oddity/annoyance in the interview process is that nearly everyone independently made a cult-like mention of "passion," and how important "passion" is to being hired to work there. No one defined what passion is or how it shows up, however. I get the impression that the company is either looking for a particular personality type or is seeking workaholics on the cheap. When it comes to work-related "passion," I have no shame about my accomplishments, work ethic, or dedication to achieving goals.

Interview Questions

• The head of sales outlined his current prospecting approach for a new market segment and asked me for a critique.   1 Answer