SciQuest Interview Questions in Raleigh-Durham, NC | Glassdoor

2.9

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SciQuest (Morrisville, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was set up by phone via staffing agency. I was contacted via phone by manager, about a week later live interview conducted by 2 qualified peers at the workplace. Questions were well thought, interview was technical, complex, well planned. I was able to answer most questions with a good response time, I handled the technical aspect, including a hands-on challenge, with relative ease. Overall, it was one of the better interview experiences I've had.

Interview Questions

• Example: How do you grow logical volumes in a Linux LVM environment?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SciQuest (Morrisville, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

- Phone interview with HR Recruiter
    - Immediate follow up for face to face interview
    - In person interview with CMO and Recruiter
    - A few days of follow-up between the recruiter and I
    - Offered a position by the end of the week

Interview Questions

• Q: Years of experience with various Marketing Technology?
      Q: Philosophy on leads and relationship between marketing/sales?
      Q: A few in-depth questions around the job and how to handle "x" problem. Fairly straight forward.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SciQuest (Morrisville, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

3, phone interviews and then flown to Morrisville, NC.

-broad interview with manager... Nothing of substance. This person was super late to the interview on the phone so we chatted for 15 minutes and I insisted we talk again when they had more time.

-spoke that following Monday as the previous one was a Friday. With no indication I was what they were looking for, I received a note from Group VP who asked to speak elite me.

-conversation with Group VP who was very kind. More o a conversation about experience vs Q & A which was more refreshing.

- next day was contacted by HR and then by Sales Operations Assistant to set up travel plans where I received the details to do ANY presentation following the guidelines which were almost none (details below)

- received a call the next day , upon returning from their offices. With little feedback but did not get job.

Interview Questions

• Details for the presentation:
      -This should be a closing event
      -You have spent time with the customer/prospect
      -Preferably in a related industry
      -Be prepared to tell us “the customers” what industry we are in and the C level role we play (finance, IT, etc.)
      -Bring your presentation on a USB/Memory Stick (a PC will provided for you)   1 Answer
    • None. They only want to know if you can sell a new product. Not if you can upsell. They also do not give the candidate opportunities to ask questions.   Answer Question

SciQuest Response

Jul 11, 2016 – Director, Sales Operations

At SciQuest we strive to ensure that every candidate has a positive experience, regardless of the outcome, and we thank you for your feedback. While these types of sales presentations can be... More

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SciQuest (Morrisville, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

We started with an initial phone interview, followed by an in person round a week later. I spoke with seven different team members in four meetings. The team really wanted to gauge if I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How did you diffuse your most difficult client situation?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SciQuest (Morrisville, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

A two-part process - 1) phone interview with hiring manager and 2) on-site interview with hiring manager, HR and 3 other managers. The phone interview was 30-45 minutes and was primarily an overview of the position with specific questions related to my experience. The on-site interview as 2 1/2 hours (30 minutes per person) and was a mix of behavioral and work experience questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were disappointed with the outcome of a project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project that you worked on that you're proud of.   Answer Question

Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SciQuest (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

I was linked up to the company through a recruiter. The phone interviews went very fast, and I was told, extremely well. Interviews were with 3 VPs and 1 Director. Visited the Corporate HQ for the final step, where I was to role play a sales presentation. The presentation went fairly well, except in the eyes of one individual, who showed up late, and spent the entire presentation going over my resume; it appeared, for the first time. A few questions were asked that are really outside the scope of introductory sales presentations, I didn't answer them well in their eyes, so the process stopped there.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain double byte languages?   1 Answer

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SciQuest (Morrisville, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

Began with a phone interview with the recruiter, and then came in to meet the leader of the development organization, senior level managers as well as members of the development team I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your organizational style and previous experience working with other teams.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SciQuest (Cary, NC).

Interview

My job went from a temporary hire to a permanent position. The interview process was standard interveiw questions. There was nothing difficult about the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How did handle a difficult situation at your previous job?   Answer Question

Product Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SciQuest (Cary, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

They responded about 2 months after I applied - May 2014. Got a phone interview, they scheduled an in-person interview 2 days later for the following Friday. There was a panel interview with a QA person and a developer, two 30 minute interviews with managers that I would be reporting to. They made an offer that Monday. They do the background check after making the offer. The managers were looking forward to having me do their language localization testing alongside the job I was interviewing for. I was shocked that their HR department would throw me away because of one question, on the application it asked "Omit minor traffic offenses", so I left off mine, and on the background check, it said "Put down anything you have ever been convicted of", so I put down my conviction. They called after the check came back and talked to their VP and rescinded their offer because of this ONE discrepancy, I tried to explain that their question was a misunderstanding. They forced me to tell them my salary at my current job (which I wanted to keep to myself), and I do not like the treatment of their HR department.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a validation process you used in your Quality Assurance practice?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They simply asked what I wanted, I told them, and after bonuses, it was exactly what I wanted.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SciQuest (Cary, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR was pretty typical. She said she was going to recommend that I be interviewed in person. A few weeks went by and some follow ups I sent but no response. Finally about a month later she called to set up the in person.

In person was 4 interviews lasting 30 mins each then a conclusion meeting with the HR rep. All pretty standard PM type questions. Conversations went well in my opinion. At the conclusion the HR rep said they hope to make a decision in a week or 2 and that their policy is they will let me know either way if I was selected. A week later she called to say the position was put on hold. I followed up a month later and she promptly responded that it was still on hold. Another month went by and I sent a follow up to check in again about the status of the position. This time no response at all. It is unfortunate that they cannot take the time to sent a quick email to let you know something. Other than the way it was left with no response at all, the interview process was very good. They just need to improve on their communcations.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really too difficult if you are an experienced successful Project Manager. Some behavioral questions mainly.   Answer Question