Scientific Drilling Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Scientific Drilling

2.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scientific Drilling (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, about 40 mins, lots of questions about C#, if you know about this language, it shouldn't be too difficult. However, I'm not the one who knows C#. So I failed that interview.

Interview Questions

• If you want to link C# file with other programming language files, what would you do?   Answer Question

CAD Drafter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Drilling in July 2013.

Interview

Two interview. General questions about yourself, customer service, likes and dislikes, express your character. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now. What are your full-time goals. Why are you leaving your former company? What can you offer to the company? What is a difficult situation that you have handled? How would you describe yourself?

Negotiation

I should have negotiated some vacation time. You don't obtain vacation until after a year. The initial offer was great.

Technical Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Scientific Drilling (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Very good about 3 meetings we came to an agreement we discussed the tools and the conveyance process and what the market was doing. we discussed training and all of the tools in the string

Interview Questions

• Sell slick line production tools   1 Answer

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paso Robles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Scientific Drilling (Paso Robles, CA).

Interview

Quite a messy operation there. HR is out of touch with the needs and desires of those they are trying to fill jobs for. They work off a structured template of money and experience and would rather leave a position open for years than give someone a chance to grow into the job. Run from their Houston office which dictates structure and treats new employees like a commodity. Cold and heartless and incompetent at the same time.

Interview Questions

• How little will you take in compensation?   1 Answer

Poor communication with HR and never felt comfortable with the company culture. It went from a family operation to an insulated corporate giant run by human robots without any heart or passion.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paso Robles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Drilling (Paso Robles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied, interviewed and got hired within a month. The interview was about an hour long and a little nerve racking. The questions they asked weren't difficult to answer. It was a relaxed setting. They showed me around a little bit. Managers and supervisors were the ones interviewing me, not someone from HR.

Interview Questions

• 1) What do I know about scientific drilling?

2) What experience do I have working in a team environment?

3) What electronics background do I have?   1 Answer

MWD Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Scientific Drilling.

Interview

It was very straightforward and easy. They are looking for people who are willing to dedicate their life to work. If you tell them your priority is to make money and you have a degree/technical background, they’ll hire you.

Interview Questions

• What engineering skill sets do you have to be a successful MWD engineer   Answer Question

MWD Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scientific Drilling (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview took roughly a half hour, generally informal review of the company and the position being offered, the benefits package that came with employment, and a general overview of the lifestyle/work culture. They asked me about my experience, but only in a informal/small talk kind of way.

Tech Writer Interview

Interview

Two person interview, somewhat informal. Had to answer questions regarding development of document control system, and oil field manuals. Was informed that the plan was to take approx 2 to 3 years to complete so there were no guarantees of long term employment. Well at least they are honest.

MWD/LWD Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scientific Drilling (Midland, TX) in December 2018.

Interview

Arrived at Interview location. I got out of my vehicle, I walked up to the building and opened the door, I then closed the door, signed-in at front desk, waited 5 mins, brought in to back office, Bs'd for a few minutes, was verbally hired that day. I then left and went home.

Anonymous Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paso Robles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scientific Drilling (Paso Robles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very lengthy and highly selective. That's a good thing. I am glad to see they do their due diligence to hire quality candidates. Although I was nervous, I was grateful for their thoroughness.

Interview Questions

• If there is one thing you can improve about yourself, what would it be?   1 Answer