Scientific Drilling Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scientific Drilling Interview Questions

2.4

Motor Technician Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scientific Drilling in September 2015.

Interview

It was a pre-interviewer that called me up from scientific drilling. She told me he was in kind of a hurry and thought I would be a good fit in their company. Expect a phone call from him next week. Never heard from him. Kind of discouraging. That is one thing that makes it hard nowadays to apply for jobs "The internet". You cant call or go up there to apply. They want it all done online so the computer can filter through potential employees. Well, I don't remember when knowing how to write a resume can show you that you are a good employee. I was raised on persistence and determination to get a job (squeaky wheel gets the oil). I like to meet face to face, that at least shows you your character to them and to see if you would be a good fit with the rest of the employees.

Interview Questions

• what did I know about Scientific Drilling. Do you know how directional drilling works and what it entails. since I had derrick hand experience. I would be a better fit for the regular motor technician.   1 Answer

Tech Writer Interview

Interview

Two person interview, somewhat informal. Had to answer questions regarding development of document control system, and oil field manuals. Was informed that the plan was to take approx 2 to 3 years to complete so there were no guarantees of long term employment. Well at least they are honest.

IT Technical Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scientific Drilling (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn. Was then contacted by HR and asked to fill out an online application through their website. Was brought in for an interview and did all 3 interviews within about an hour. I enjoyed meeting a good handful of people and talking about the technology there and my skill set and experience and what I could bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• It was a standard interview. Nothing was difficult or unexpected, or odd.   1 Answer

Their offer was way lower than what I currently earn. I simply could not afford to take the kind of financial hit they were asking of me. They stressed their benefits as being really great and above what many other companies offer, but the fact is; the benefits were exactly the same as my last 2 previous jobs. I feel they are simply out of touch, and try to use this to offer lower salaries; and they really need to rethink this whole hiring strategy.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paso Robles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Scientific Drilling (Paso Robles, CA).

Interview

Quite a messy operation there. HR is out of touch with the needs and desires of those they are trying to fill jobs for. They work off a structured template of money and experience and would rather leave a position open for years than give someone a chance to grow into the job. Run from their Houston office which dictates structure and treats new employees like a commodity. Cold and heartless and incompetent at the same time.

Interview Questions

• How little will you take in compensation?   1 Answer

Poor communication with HR and never felt comfortable with the company culture. It went from a family operation to an insulated corporate giant run by human robots without any heart or passion.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paso Robles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Drilling (Paso Robles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied, interviewed and got hired within a month. The interview was about an hour long and a little nerve racking. The questions they asked weren't difficult to answer. It was a relaxed setting. They showed me around a little bit. Managers and supervisors were the ones interviewing me, not someone from HR.

Interview Questions

• 1) What do I know about scientific drilling?

2) What experience do I have working in a team environment?

3) What electronics background do I have?
      1 Answer

In Houston Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Interview

Unstructured and unorganized. Poor communication with HR.

Three interviews with increasing manager levels. Each less effective and more incongruous. None prepared.

On boarding very poor except for IT. Onboarding assistance non existent by and large. Limited to no Operations or HR support.

Background check made following acceptance as expected also typical drug tests.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. Interviewer unprepared. Nothing challenging. Standard to twenty questions from internet with a few technical questions added.   1 Answer

Negotiation

VERY DIFFICULT, Firm salary offered lower than previous. and excused by generous benefits. Some slight salary, move but begrudgingly. No match on previous vacation experience. No leeway on benefits. Process very slow.

Take it or leave it impression with no attempt to convince why offer good. Discovered once inside others with less experience making more. Very disappointing.

Survey Management Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

We discussed my experience and technical knowledge and then we discussed pay. After that I went through the new hire process and was ready to go. It was a very easy process.

Negotiation

I said what I wanted and they matched it.

Technical Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Scientific Drilling (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Very good about 3 meetings we came to an agreement we discussed the tools and the conveyance process and what the market was doing. we discussed training and all of the tools in the string

Interview Questions

• Sell slick line production tools   1 Answer

CAD Drafter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Drilling in July 2013.

Interview

Two interview. General questions about yourself, customer service, likes and dislikes, express your character. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now. What are your full-time goals. Why are you leaving your former company? What can you offer to the company? What is a difficult situation that you have handled? How would you describe yourself?

Negotiation

I should have negotiated some vacation time. You don't obtain vacation until after a year. The initial offer was great.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scientific Drilling.

Interview

Just had the 1st round, pretty much HR stuff.......Interviewer was friendly and was quiet accommodating in re-scheduling telephonic interview.....

I am not sure if the company sponsored H1b and neither was the HR. They said that they would find out and get back to me.

Interview Questions

• They seem to have a standard template i.e what is the most challenging situation that you have been in, how to do respond to change etc   Answer Question