Scientific Games Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

After the interview, i was told i would hear something the next day......over a week later i get a call from the recruiter telling me, the hiring managers liked my experience but decided on another candidate, which is fair but to post the same job back online 2 days later is insulting....why not be honest and tell me i didn't have the all the experience they were looking for, instead of lying.

Associate Test E Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I interviewed at Scientific Games (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

At first, conversation with the recruiter. And, you need to submit answers in word format which asks about the previous experiences, HR related questions, and future goals. After this, they scheduled for 3 hrs skype interview which included exam type questions and answers. Unfortunately, I didn't get offer (may be the issue of sponsorship )

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions, question about permutation and combination.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I got an email from one of their hiring personnel to schedule an initial phone screen, after which I received another email to schedule for an interview on-site. Hiring personnel was awesome and very helpful, as well as the panel who interviewed me.

Comp and Equity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I received a call with a phone recruiter and after a very short phone screen, she set me up with another phone interview with the director. The director then asked about my background. After the phone screen, he followed up with me the next week that he would keep in touch. After one week of no response, I sent a follow up email and the phone recruiter than called me and told me that I was no longer in the running. Almost one month from application date to final call, I would assume the actual process would take 6 plus weeks till offer.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

I was asked to appear for an interview process. While there, I was ignored, left waiting for over half an hour while the interviewer finished a previous interview, and was harassed during the critical thinking portion of the interview process because I told the interviewer that I did not understand his question and he refused to elaborate on what he was asking me.

Ignoring an interviewee is a horrible practice, and can elude to the type of treatment an employee is likely to receive. Every interview should be focused on the person being interviewed, they should never overlap. If there is a scheduling error, rescheduling benefits both parties because they can both maintain a higher degree of professionalism when everything is going according to plan. Overlap of interviews by the same person shows a lack of solid leadership and would make one question if this person should be doing interviews at all. And as far as the harassment; if a hiring manager can't communicate with a potential employee during a simple, routine interview then how can he maintain a cohesive team element in his own studio/group/team?

Lastly, I had to wait for over a month before I received an email stating that they simply weren't going to hire me. No explanation of what to improve on for a future interview. And since when does a hiring company who is looking for candidates have the time to wait for a month before making a decision on whether or not to hire someone?

Interview Questions

• The one question I had trouble with, and that caused an uncomfortable situation for me, had to do with what pieces of information I would need to conduct testing on something. I never got the full comprehension of the question because the interviewer refused to work with me on finding a common understanding so that I could answer his question.   1 Answer

Lms Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Worked with a head-hunter, who I suspect was working for them, and then a few phone and on-site interviews. Was very difficult as the manager could not decide which LMS they hoped to use. Having access to Oracle's suite they had free access to it. Previously had SuccessFactors, and others, but she never liked them. I had my own LMS that could be up and running after 6mos that would have done a much better job, but she could not even decide on this. She really wanted in-class training for an international company with high regulations across nations. Like that would work. So it boiled down to a non-techical person trying to be in charge of a technical and solution specific outcome without having any background in it. Effectively yet another company who has lots of money to experiment only to fail when installing an LMS without a care in the world.

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got the call from the recruiter about a week later. I passed that interview and met with the hiring manager the following week. The interview went so well that she even said it felt like we just had a great conversation. They brought me back the following week to meet with the director- again, another great conversation (lasted almost 2 hours). At this point they tell me that they're looking to make a decision on a candidate within 2 weeks. Literally one month goes by and I have yet to get a response to emails and no phone calls. I finally decide to call the recruiter (after being left in the dark for so long) knowing full well that they obviously decided on another candidate. The recruiter apologized that she meant to get back to me but they decided to go with someone else. It's hard to stomach being left in the dark when everything felt so positive. Communication is key and they did not complete their process accordingly for all parties involved.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scientific Games (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through their website and received a phone call a few days later from them. They wanted to schedule a phone interview. I had my phone interview, then they requested an in-person interview. I went in for the in-person interview and got a tour of the facility and met some of the other employees. They explained their roles and what type of work they do. They were all very nice. It seemed like a cool little team to work with.

Interview Questions

• Q: Can you write simple/pseudo-code to execute a binary search?   1 Answer

IT Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Scientific Games in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call from HR a few days later for initial screening and to setup a phone interview with hiring group. I told HR my days/times of availability the HR individual said that he would email me times/details. Did not hear back for a few days. On a random day HR calls up during the morning and says that the interview would be later that afternoon. No preparation or communication with regards to scheduling.

The interview itself was fair. I was asked some broad-stroke questions and was told some background of the position and team. There was nothing too technical or in-depth. It went over from a scheduled 1hr to 1.5 hours.

Never heard back from them. No call, email, or automated email. I find it very unprofessional for any company to not let a candidate know that they were not selected especially after going through round 1. Both HR and the department seemed unorganized and flustered.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come and work at Scientific Games?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in Las Vegas?   Answer Question
    • If the CEO of the company called you up and was complaining that something didn't work, what would you say?   Answer Question

Computer Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scientific Games in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online through careerbuilder. I was contacted via email by the Office Manager. Everything was done through email(s). She sent me an email and we set up a time for a phone interview the following day at 1:00pm. I had my phone in my hand from 12:00pm until 3pm. Did not hear from her. I received an email and she wrote; "she called me and spoke with me for approximately 3 minutes, and then we were disconnected"...did not happen. I called her phone, and left her a message, telling her she did not speak with me. So, she sent me another email for a phone interview the following day for a time between 8:30-10:30am. I was up and ready around 8:00am. I really did not expect to hear from her at 8:30am. She asked me about 15 questions; strengths, weaknesses, which job did I like best and why, which job did I like the least and why; and the last question; what did I expect from the position offered? I then asked her several questions, who did she consider the ideal candidate for the position? She said, someone like myself with my background and extensive experience. I also asked her about a time frame when I would hear back from her regarding whether or not I could expect an inhouse interview. She responded within a week. I sent her an email, thanking her for her time, etc.

Interview Questions

• Did I ever have a conflict with a supervisor and how did I handle it?   1 Answer