Scientific Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yuba City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Scientific Research (Yuba City, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Over the phone, pleasant to talk to senior manager, seemed to care about my skillsets, my degree, and my exposure to many positions I held at the base for several years.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Research in September 2012.

Interview

The interview wasn't terribly difficult. It was very technical. I recommend studying for a few days before so that you can be familiar with the latest technical terminology. The questions were custom to my background and experience. Lots of the questions were about the work I had most recently performed. There were some career questions. I received an offer 3 weeks later and they were willing to negotiate the salary and incentives. Once the negotiations were complete, I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you want out of the next 5 years of your career   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself going in the long run with Comp Sci and programming   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warner Robins, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scientific Research (Warner Robins, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

This is a rather relaxed company, perhaps due to the fact that there are only about 20 employees at the Warner Robins branch. I was pleased with the overall environment at SRC. A recruiter found my resume online and found that I was doing a very similar job already. They treat all the employees like real professionals - no strict time-keeping or watching over on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working for a defense contractor with higher expeectations and more pressure to produce than working for the government?   Answer Question
    • Why should I hire you? What are some positive things you can bring to the team?   Answer Question

The salary offered was not enough. Not even an increase over my other job and the benefits were less.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nellis AFB, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Research (Nellis AFB, NV) in June 2008.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter who found my resume posted online. My resume was then forwarded to the software development team. I had a total of 3 phone interviews and was then flown out to meet the team in person. The first phone interview was with the program manager. It was just a standard interview asking about my background and giving information about the position and company. The next 2 phone interviews where with the Prinicipal Engineer and were very technical. The interview with the Pricincipal Engineer was almost like a pop quiz.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between big-endian and little-endian ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was room to negotiate salary, vacation and relocation assistance. The salary was already very competitive and well over what I asked as a base salary so no negotiation was necessary.

SQL Server Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Research (Charleston, SC) in March 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted maybe 10 minutes then I was scheduled for an in-person interview shortly after.

Interview Questions

• I was not expecting to work in another state for months as a pre-requisite to working in the location I desired to work in.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Research (North Charleston, SC) in April 2013.

Interview

They paid for my wife and I to drive down and put us up in very nice hotel. Interview went about 1.5 hours and 2 hours after the interview ended I got a call stating that they were putting together an offer and I would be hearing back from them in the morning. I received an email later that evening with an offer letter attached. Great experience and great company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or nothing I would consider difficult, don't lie on your resume and you'll be fine with any question anyone could throw at you.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scientific Research (Charleston, SC).

Interview

I went through several phone interviews before driving down several hours to an interview in person. The company paid for me to stay at a nice hotel for the duration of the interview. The interview lasted more than four hours. I thought everything went pretty well. (Someone working there got chastised for taking me to a bathroom in a "secure area," but that wasn't my fault.)
    The manager promised to let me know whether I got the job in a day or two.
    A couple of days went by after I got back, but I didn't hear from anyone. I e-mailed the HR contact I had, and no reply. I called the HR contact several times over the next few days, just trying to get some kind of response.
    I never heard back from anyone. After all the trouble they went to, someone at least could've said "Sorry, you're not what we are looking for." That was so unprofessional. I have no idea what I did wrong; I showed up in my best suit and I can't remember any faux pauxs or poor answers. I have successfully interviewed many times at other firms. In any case, the least these people could've done was give me an answer. What a giant waste of time...

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Research (North Charleston, SC) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was over the phone since I was relocating across the country. Very simple, just wanted to ensure I had a basic understanding of computer systems, processes, Agile software testing, and requirements testing.

Interview Questions

• What is the importance of testing requirements and requirements mapping?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Scientific Research (North Charleston, SC) in April 2010.

Interview

I was first contacted regarding my resume online and had an initial discussion with the recruiter. Once that discussion took place, I had a phone interview with the manager I would potentially be working under. After the first interview, I had a technical interview. The final step was to fly me in to see the facility and the area, to see if it would fit what I was looking for. It was a very professional process and very structured/organized

Interview Questions

• My particular technical interview involved a series of questions about routing protocols, QoS, MPLS and generic networking information. There weren't any particularly difficult questions if you know the topics, but there were questions about load balancing routing protocols, some BGP questions and some OSPF questions   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Research.

Interview

The process is very thorough and professional. The phone interviews were very informative and the recruiter was very personable and sincere about the position, the company and the interview process.

Interview Questions

• I was presented with a practical example of a current situation in which the position would be managing and asked how I would approach it.   1 Answer