Scientific Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.6

Technician III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Scientific Research (Norfolk, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

After speaking with a recruiter, a phone interview was set up. During the phone interview we chatted and spoke about my experience and gauged each other's personalities. A couple of days later I received an email from the recruiter setting up a lunch interview for the following week.

During the lunch interview the interviewer offered to pay for the lunch, however only ordered a coffee himself, so I felt a bit strange about getting anything. Again, we chatted, talked about experience, the environment that I would see with SRC, and so on.

After the interview I was assured that it went well but someone else was more qualified for the position.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Scientific Research.

Interview

Working with the HR department was very easy and hands off for me. The interview process was with 7 different people; most of which were just casual discussion and not Q/A.

Interview Questions

• More of a personality test, just general discussion on a wide array of topics from hobbies, to describing my entire career background, and family. It was not a typical interview by any stretch of the imagination, as stated above-more of a personality test.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Scientific Research (Charleston, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

Very informal and friendly discussion with the project manager and two developers. I was given an explanation of the job that the contract is for. The testing responsibilities that I have to perform as well as the Discussion around my skillset and how it may apply to the position and job requirements. Discussion of the

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scientific Research (North Charleston, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted not long after I applied to set up the interview. The interviewer was very professional and thorough with his questions and even introduced me to the team I would be working with. I was able to ask them questions and they asked me some as well. Overall, a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the government/DOD contracting industry?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Research.

Interview

The process is very thorough and professional. The phone interviews were very informative and the recruiter was very personable and sincere about the position, the company and the interview process.

Interview Questions

• I was presented with a practical example of a current situation in which the position would be managing and asked how I would approach it.   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Research (North Charleston, SC) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was over the phone since I was relocating across the country. Very simple, just wanted to ensure I had a basic understanding of computer systems, processes, Agile software testing, and requirements testing.

Interview Questions

• What is the importance of testing requirements and requirements mapping?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scientific Research.

Interview

Multiple part hiring process consisting of an initial interview with two managers. They also conducted a written technical proficiency test to evaluate the candidate. After the first interview was called back in for a second interview with Vice President of the Division. Given the opportunity to ask any additional company questions and was also given a job offer at this point.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was on par with what was expecting, so no negotiation was needed.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Research (North Charleston, SC) in April 2013.

Interview

They paid for my wife and I to drive down and put us up in very nice hotel. Interview went about 1.5 hours and 2 hours after the interview ended I got a call stating that they were putting together an offer and I would be hearing back from them in the morning. I received an email later that evening with an offer letter attached. Great experience and great company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or nothing I would consider difficult, don't lie on your resume and you'll be fine with any question anyone could throw at you.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scientific Research (Charleston, SC).

Interview

I went through several phone interviews before driving down several hours to an interview in person. The company paid for me to stay at a nice hotel for the duration of the interview. The interview lasted more than four hours. I thought everything went pretty well. (Someone working there got chastised for taking me to a bathroom in a "secure area," but that wasn't my fault.)
    The manager promised to let me know whether I got the job in a day or two.
    A couple of days went by after I got back, but I didn't hear from anyone. I e-mailed the HR contact I had, and no reply. I called the HR contact several times over the next few days, just trying to get some kind of response.
    I never heard back from anyone. After all the trouble they went to, someone at least could've said "Sorry, you're not what we are looking for." That was so unprofessional. I have no idea what I did wrong; I showed up in my best suit and I can't remember any faux pauxs or poor answers. I have successfully interviewed many times at other firms. In any case, the least these people could've done was give me an answer. What a giant waste of time...

SQL Server Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scientific Research (Charleston, SC) in March 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted maybe 10 minutes then I was scheduled for an in-person interview shortly after.

Interview Questions

• I was not expecting to work in another state for months as a pre-requisite to working in the location I desired to work in.   Answer Question