Scotiabank Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scotiabank Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2016

2.8

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank in September 2016.

Interview

One of the worst and most disorganized recruiting process I have ever experienced. Started with the usual stuff - phone interview, in-person interview, technical assessment, then background & reference checks.

And just when you think it’s over, they call you for another technical assessment! And then 1 week later, they call to ask for more references because they cannot make this "hard decision" based on 2 interviews, 2 technical assessments, and 3 references. How incompetent can a manager be to not be able to decide after like a whole month of interviews/tests?

Completely disrespectful of people’s abilities and time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and then got on site interview after a month. There were a lot of candidates for one role and you will be interviewed with analyst and director. There were two rounds.

Interview Questions

• A lot of technical questions about the market   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone and face to face. Two interviewers, 20 to 30 mins. Response on interview in 2 days. Explanation on why I wasn't selected. Human resource staff was very cordial and did the phone interview. Explained in full details the job duties, work expectation and benefits associated with the position. Salary expectation question was asked.

Interview Questions

• What you did on your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was referred by a colleague to the hiring manager. I received an email a week later and interviewed for the position. Overall The interview went well and I was told that I would be contacted in a week's time. However I didn't so I contacted the hiring manager to inquire re status of the job I was told the same thing again. It has been nearly 6 weeks since my last contact and I haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions

• - Strength and Weakness
      - 5 year plan
      - Why do I want to work at Scotia?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Bombarded with technical questions. There was one behavioral question about my resume. The interview was clearly being rushed as it was over in 25 minutes and they didn't actually bother to get to know me. I'm sure that they had already decided on who they were going to hire and went really easy on this person. I've heard stories about the unfair hiring processes at the banks. You better be friends with the people interviewing you or know someone high up. Good luck.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

standard. tell me about yourself. Tell me what you know about our company.4 Why are you interested in working for the firm. Initial phone screen. Spoke with the team, I had to compete against others who had more experience.What is your greatest strength and weakness

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scotiabank in January 2012.

Interview

Three on 1 interview beginning with behavioral questions and ending with technical questions. Technical questions were easy compared to other banking interviews for BMO and TD.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to participate in a team.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to take a leadership role. What was it, and how did it turn out?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank in January 2011.

Interview

1st interview: Phone - Asked about my experience - talked about a company that i had been researching
    2nd interview: 1:1 - Talked about analysis and valuation of another company. Met with another analyst + PM