Scotiabank Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scotiabank Analyst Interview Questions

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank in September 2016.

Interview

One of the worst and most disorganized recruiting process I have ever experienced. Started with the usual stuff - phone interview, in-person interview, technical assessment, then background & reference checks.

And just when you think it’s over, they call you for another technical assessment! And then 1 week later, they call to ask for more references because they cannot make this "hard decision" based on 2 interviews, 2 technical assessments, and 3 references. How incompetent can a manager be to not be able to decide after like a whole month of interviews/tests?

Completely disrespectful of people’s abilities and time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and then got on site interview after a month. There were a lot of candidates for one role and you will be interviewed with analyst and director. There were two rounds.

Interview Questions

• A lot of technical questions about the market   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone and face to face. Two interviewers, 20 to 30 mins. Response on interview in 2 days. Explanation on why I wasn't selected. Human resource staff was very cordial and did the phone interview. Explained in full details the job duties, work expectation and benefits associated with the position. Salary expectation question was asked.

Interview Questions

• What you did on your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was referred by a colleague to the hiring manager. I received an email a week later and interviewed for the position. Overall The interview went well and I was told that I would be contacted in a week's time. However I didn't so I contacted the hiring manager to inquire re status of the job I was told the same thing again. It has been nearly 6 weeks since my last contact and I haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions

• - Strength and Weakness
      - 5 year plan
      - Why do I want to work at Scotia?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Bombarded with technical questions. There was one behavioral question about my resume. The interview was clearly being rushed as it was over in 25 minutes and they didn't actually bother to get to know me. I'm sure that they had already decided on who they were going to hire and went really easy on this person. I've heard stories about the unfair hiring processes at the banks. You better be friends with the people interviewing you or know someone high up. Good luck.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

virtual skype-like software, had online tests, finally went to meet the managers with another individual. They weren't aggressive but wanted to verify my knowledge on capital markets. some questions asked me about things I hadn't looked at since graduation, but thankgoodness I still had it in me

Negotiation

I just took the scraps they gave me

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews - one with HR & Senior Manager. HR interviews you first and then Senior Manager a couple weeks later. It was timely and brief. Both interviewers were very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a conflict on your team.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scotiabank in March 2015.

Interview

All behavioral questions .Nothing hard. It was so comfortable interview environment. 2 people were there & one was writing all my answers on a diary. questions were like conflict with team member? how u dealt with angry customer?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

standard. tell me about yourself. Tell me what you know about our company.4 Why are you interested in working for the firm. Initial phone screen. Spoke with the team, I had to compete against others who had more experience.What is your greatest strength and weakness

Analyst Interview

Interview

It last 1 hour with a lot of customer service, accounting, etc