Scotiabank Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I got this interview through my network of former colleagues. I was emailed directly from the hiring manager and went in to interview with the team. I have been following up with the manager directly with little contact from HR.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

This was an inperson interview, there was not phone interview. The interviewer described a position for a software tester but the job posting required a Business Analyst. The interview took about 30 minutes, the Interviewer spoke maybe 65% of the time

Interview Questions

• How much experience I had as a software tester   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

2 hour with a director, a manager, a team lead, from different department. one hour with director, 30 min with a manager, 30 min with a team lead, ask a lot banking background question, sql question, behaviour questions

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through career website. Received email to arrange phone interview. Few basic questions during the phone interview regarding basic information such as relocation tendencies and study background. Two weeks later face to face interview with a panel of 3 at the company headquarters. 45 minute interview with questions regarding database handling queries, why this position, your understanding of the responsibilities of the position. Be familiar with the nature of the position and its demands and you will be fine. Very friendly environment. Only one technical question.

Interview Questions

• How do you join two tables without losing info.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are open minded as long as you are reasonable and within limits of the position halo.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

Fairly straightforward process with standard behavioral questions. I was asked if I really wanted the job and that they did not want to waste time if I didn't. Overall it was a very pleasant interview experience. It was very short and to the point. There weren't any case studies or technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

it was 4 step process.
    1. Phone interview with human resources
    and second interview was with in person human resourcse interview, i was asked lots of behavioural questions. it was panel interview.
    third was in person technical interview andthe final round olf interview was with Director. It wass quite lenghthy process and it took around two months.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager, asked about knowledge of systems. No technical questions beyond that.

Interview Questions

• What is the share price of Scotiabank   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview was with future manager, relaxed with a number of detailed questions and a detailed conversation. Followed by a short interview on another day with the manager's superior. This was a number of years ago so the process may be different for a similar role today.

Interview Questions

• Several questions were specific to technical knowledge.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Was contacted by email to inform about interview time. Interview was behavioural questions focussing on managing multiple tasks, stress and handling requests from different managers. I was probed on Excel, Access skills. 3 interviewers asked questions turn by turn. Cracked the interview in first 10 mins. Focus of the interview was personality development and ability to take up different projects.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle requests from different managers on conflicting deadline?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was fixed. No negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2011.

Interview

notified a couple days after application deadline.