Scotiabank Customer Service Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I had a personal screening questionaire to answer, then i had a one on one live video interview. Everything was by email. It was ok but it took too long to get through the whole process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I had to do a pre-interview test on the computer. It was pretty basic customer service, listening, basic math and computer skills. Once I was selected, I went in for an in person interview with 2 managers at the Call Centre. They asked behavioral and situational questions and about my past work history. The only issues I had later was with the Background Check process, I had lived overseas for a couple of years and they struggled to confirm my job history. I ended up getting my former employers to write letters confirming my employment, but my background check still wasn't completed by the time I started training. (Many others were in the same boat

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with negative customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate, I was just happy to get the job.

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

they are looking for up beat positive people, who are mature and professional. first you will have a 45 minute phone interview if you pass that they will set up a meeting for the 2nd interview with who will be your manager. at that interview they are just trying to find out what kind of personality you have and to make sure you would want to work in a call center.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process was relatively pleasant and nothing too difficult. The interview was mostly based on behavioural questions.
    There was online questions, phone interview and then the in-person interview. The whole process was not too bad as everyone was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to go that extra mile for customers?   Answer Question

Customer Service Officer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank in March 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview today, it lasted about 30 minutes.The lady also,explained what is going to happen if I'll make it to the next level( Interview with branch manager).She also asked me about my schedule and if I'm willing to work overtime and weekends.
    Here are some questions that I can remember:
    -If I would call your previous manager what would be 3 things she/he would say negative about you.
    -Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service
    -Tell me about a situation when you had to deal with an angry customer
    -Why do you want to work for Scotiabank
    -What was 3 things you didn't like about your previous job
    -Are you planning on getting IFIC

Interview Questions

• If I would call your previous manager what would be 3 things she/he would say negative about you.   Answer Question