Scotiabank Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scotiabank Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

I applied online and they replied within 2 weeks which was surprisingly fast compared to any other banks. The 1rst interview I got was A video that you had to record online with a website they give you. It was easy. After a week, I got another reply saying that I got accepted for my 2nd interview with the HR online webcam wise. I did it, and I never gotten a reply yet and its gonna be a month soon. The HR said whether its positive reply or negative reply, I would get an answer, but I haven't get anything which is pretty sad.

Interview Questions

• Why scotiabank?
    How would you explain a customer to use online banking?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Standard interview questions were asked, nothing too difficult. Interview was done over the phone, recruiter was very friendly. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. Recruiter was genuine. Overall an enjoyable experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Web first round interview. Spend about 40 minutes. 8 questions. After applied online, the candidates supposed to received a confirmation email. About one week later, I received the email inform me to take web interview for the first round. If pass, HR will call the candidates to take the second round interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotiabank in June 2017.

Interview

A 10-15 minute interview call, where he asked some basic questions about how you would react in a situation and such. Then I received an e-mail to complete an online assessment which concluded a personal multiple-choice questionnaire and then a simulation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you came across an upset client? How would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotiabank in April 2017.

Interview

I received an email to set up a phone interview 2 days after applying online. They were looking for two people to fill the specific shifts at the specific location. The first phone interview was mostly about availability, as well as what I knew about the bank and the teller position. I was told to complete the online assessment in 24 hours. It was like a role play test, more difficult than I thought. Make sure to take it in a quiet room with a good sound system. Take memo and don't miss any words or numbers from the very beginning (this is basically cheating but maybe I should have recorded the sound so that I can rewind and listen again lol They never said we were not allowed to!!) Apparently I passed it and they set up the second phone interview shortly. The same HR person asked me about details on my resume. Like what exactly month I started and quit, and why quit (I only put start-end years on my employment history.) As soon as I said I didn't remember which month it was, he immediately lost the interest and cut off the interview. He said he was going to ask me behavior questions but I couldn't make it to that point. Silly me! The HR person was not so nice or supportive, which made me think I didn't even want to work with them anyways. And the shifts he offered in the 2nd interview was different from (worse than) what mentioned in the initial email so I was confused. I asked about it but couldn't get a clear answer.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand what is the teller position like, and what can you bring to us?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank in April 2017.

Interview

The entire procedure took about 2-3 weeks. I applied online for a casual position and after a week I was sent an email to complete an online video recorded interview. After submitting the videos, within the same day I was invited for a phone interview with a recruitment coordinator. She was very nice and friendly and asked me couple behavioral questions and asked me to answer questions relating to my past experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Surrey, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online on their website. Got an email inviting me to take a video interview a few days later. I did not pass that stage so I never got the chance to do a proper interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk about myself, how much I would like to be paid, if I ever had a difficult customer and how I handled the situation couple of other questions which i found on this site unfortunately AFTER my own interview. It was my first video interview ever so it was an awkward experience for me and I totally missed out answering one of the questions since I could not go back to answers i had missed.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Basic behavioural questions, 1 round of interviews. The questions are very standard, and I think they were generally looking for your energy and ability to communicate with the interview clearly. I was interviewed by the manager and it lasted around 20min.

Some of the questions were:

How do you manage multiple tasks at a time?
    Tell me about how you dealt with a conflict

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online.
    Received a link from the email about 2 days later. Asked me to record my interview, very simple questions. About 8 questions for the whole interview.

Fairly simple. There are a lot of behavioral questions as well as introduction questions. Several examples are: tell me about yourself, why do you choose Scotia Bank, what do u know about Scotia Bank

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Markham, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

After the employee referral, I email my resume to the HR manager, I got a call three days later. It is my first phone interview, I did not prepare well. I am too nervous. The interview spends only 10 mins. The lady talks too fast, and I also need to find a quiet place to answer those questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer