Scotiabank Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.7

116 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a video interview then an in person interview. There they asked basic interview questions. Afterwards, they emailed the results regarding if they wanted you in their team or not. It was a good process

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Enjoyed the interview, questions where not easy but able to answer all of them . the interviewers were nice and easy going . willing to provide additional clarification when needed and were very friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I have appied online and received an email containing a link for a Virtual interview.
    There have been overall 5 questions and the questions are easy and general. Then I received the test link which is the call centre simulator. In the next two days, I were contacted by HR and got an interview chance in downtown. The interviewers are very kind and we had a very pleasant conversation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position of the Customer service representative and I got a call within 5 days. The telephonic interview was taken by one of the Scotiabank HR. Asked 5-6 questions and most of them were easy and about the candidate.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

I approached them at a job fair in Toronto and spoke with the recruiter there. They then contacted me for a phone interview. The phone interview was quite short and were all very basic questions which included my availability and basic behavioural questions.

After completing the phone interview I was asked to complete a behavioural survey which consisted mostly of questions involving how you would react to various situations and personality type questions. Finally I completed an online simulation which consisted of an experience with a few customers in various situations which are likely to occur in branch. It's very important to pay attention to detail during this and also take notes as it is happening.

Finally a little over a week after completing the process, I was called back by the recruiter from the phone interview and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a customer to use the online banking services?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied on-line to a job posting on a jobs website. Received an e-mail inviting me to do a video interview within 3 days. I hadn't done anything like that before so I found it a bit odd talking to a screen but I did think it was an interesting premise. Over a week has passed and I still haven't heard back to see if I am going to get a live video interview or if they do not wish to proceed.

Interview Questions

• Asked about a difficult customer experience I had had and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotiabank in September 2017.

Interview

Online application, video screening, and then phone interview. All took place over the course of a week. Phone interviewer was very friendly and kept me well informed of the process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Scotiabank?   Answer Question
    • How would you convince someone to use Scotiabank's online banking service?   Answer Question
    • Can you remember a time when you had a good/bad customer experience? What did you like/dislike about the experience?   Answer Question
    • In a previous position, did you ever have to adjust to a new work policy? And if so, how?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

First there was a phone interview. I was then called into the branch for an in person interview where we went over my resume and other work experience as well as education. It was pretty informal, it seemed they just wanted to get to know me and see if I could handle myself in front of the customers.

Interview Questions

• What did you study in school?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

I failed in the video interview because I panicked while the black screen showing up after the count down. I thought that it's technical issues and closed the browser. However, when I login again, it goes to the 2nd one. I was totally giving up. *sight*

Interview Questions

• a regular 8 question set, like introducing yourself, availability, hours of work, conflict handling, previous supervisor suggestions, customer service experience, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Video/Online interview with HR Representative who then assigned me to a branch location. Video/Online interview with HR Representative who then assigned me to a branch location. Video/Online interview with HR Representative who then assigned me to a branch location.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent customer service experience you had - good or bad, your choice and explain why accordingly.   Answer Question