Scotiabank Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scotiabank Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2017

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotiabank in April 2017.

Interview

I received an email to set up a phone interview 2 days after applying online. They were looking for two people to fill the specific shifts at the specific location. The first phone interview was mostly about availability, as well as what I knew about the bank and the teller position. I was told to complete the online assessment in 24 hours. It was like a role play test, more difficult than I thought. Make sure to take it in a quiet room with a good sound system. Take memo and don't miss any words or numbers from the very beginning (this is basically cheating but maybe I should have recorded the sound so that I can rewind and listen again lol They never said we were not allowed to!!) Apparently I passed it and they set up the second phone interview shortly. The same HR person asked me about details on my resume. Like what exactly month I started and quit, and why quit (I only put start-end years on my employment history.) As soon as I said I didn't remember which month it was, he immediately lost the interest and cut off the interview. He said he was going to ask me behavior questions but I couldn't make it to that point. Silly me! The HR person was not so nice or supportive, which made me think I didn't even want to work with them anyways. And the shifts he offered in the 2nd interview was different from (worse than) what mentioned in the initial email so I was confused. I asked about it but couldn't get a clear answer.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand what is the teller position like, and what can you bring to us?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Surrey, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online on their website. Got an email inviting me to take a video interview a few days later. I did not pass that stage so I never got the chance to do a proper interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk about myself, how much I would like to be paid, if I ever had a difficult customer and how I handled the situation couple of other questions which i found on this site unfortunately AFTER my own interview. It was my first video interview ever so it was an awkward experience for me and I totally missed out answering one of the questions since I could not go back to answers i had missed.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Basic behavioural questions, 1 round of interviews. The questions are very standard, and I think they were generally looking for your energy and ability to communicate with the interview clearly. I was interviewed by the manager and it lasted around 20min.

Some of the questions were:

How do you manage multiple tasks at a time?
    Tell me about how you dealt with a conflict

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online.
    Received a link from the email about 2 days later. Asked me to record my interview, very simple questions. About 8 questions for the whole interview.

Fairly simple. There are a lot of behavioral questions as well as introduction questions. Several examples are: tell me about yourself, why do you choose Scotia Bank, what do u know about Scotia Bank

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Markham, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

After the employee referral, I email my resume to the HR manager, I got a call three days later. It is my first phone interview, I did not prepare well. I am too nervous. The interview spends only 10 mins. The lady talks too fast, and I also need to find a quiet place to answer those questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a recorded interview and had to answer 8 questions with 5 minutes each question. It was mostly based on your general qualifications, your experience, how you handled difficult situations, how you dealt with your colleagues, what are your weakness

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received email two weeks later. Two step process of survey, and then online customer stimulation (be sure to have a pen and paper, and pay attention to all details and read it clearly!). Got an email back to have a "recorded" online interview. Essentially you record your answers. Final step was another interview through webcam with an HR person.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a difficult customer interaction and how you handled it.   1 Answer

They offered me an alternate location that was not worth the commute.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I received a phone call from a recruiter to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was around 30 minutes. The recruiter explained how the phone interview process is, first going through my resume points and then asking behavioural questions related to the CSR position. Recruiter was nice, but could clearly tell they were reading off a script of questions. Afterwards was given an online assessment about personality questions and a virtual stimulation of the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Scotiabank?
      Short and long term goals
      Explain one situation when you had to deal with a difficult customer
      Was there a time you had conflict at work?
      How would you encourage someone to use online banking?
      Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Simply 2 step test and direct video call. I waited 2 weeks as promised to confirm an offer. First I applied online then got confirmation of application after 3 weeks I got a call for interview. I was told the online simulation test would be first and if I passed, another interview would follow. My request to chose a time for my interview came the next day and after a video interview the day I choose( 3 days later) I got an offer exactly 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• My questions focused on my personal experience relating to customers. The test included live examples of work as a teller.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fair .. she told me I could ask but let me know the cap.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, PE (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, PE (Canada)).

Interview

it was a prescreen video interview. The recruiter sent me a link to record my responses regarding 8 different questions. The questions are kind of repetitive. My friend failed but I passed because I prepared enough questions and wrote it down in a note. The overall experience of this interview was easy

Interview Questions

• 1. tell me about yourself
      2. give me an example when you accomplish something