Scotiabank Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scotiabank Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2017

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Surrey, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online on their website. Got an email inviting me to take a video interview a few days later. I did not pass that stage so I never got the chance to do a proper interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk about myself, how much I would like to be paid, if I ever had a difficult customer and how I handled the situation couple of other questions which i found on this site unfortunately AFTER my own interview. It was my first video interview ever so it was an awkward experience for me and I totally missed out answering one of the questions since I could not go back to answers i had missed.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online.
    Received a link from the email about 2 days later. Asked me to record my interview, very simple questions. About 8 questions for the whole interview.

Fairly simple. There are a lot of behavioral questions as well as introduction questions. Several examples are: tell me about yourself, why do you choose Scotia Bank, what do u know about Scotia Bank

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Markham, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

After the employee referral, I email my resume to the HR manager, I got a call three days later. It is my first phone interview, I did not prepare well. I am too nervous. The interview spends only 10 mins. The lady talks too fast, and I also need to find a quiet place to answer those questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a recorded interview and had to answer 8 questions with 5 minutes each question. It was mostly based on your general qualifications, your experience, how you handled difficult situations, how you dealt with your colleagues, what are your weakness

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

take one day Hr will call back to tell you the result. First,hr introduced this job requirement and what's the shifting you will be available. You work authorization. Ask you some moderate questions. Very friendly, you will feel less stress. NO negotiate with this position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

A week after application, I received a call from a HR representative to schedule a phone interview which happened two days later.
    There are approx three stages to the interview, I have gotten to 2:

1) phone interview - I'm sure this was just a screening interview to weed out candidates. Consisted of two parts; first we went over my resume and he asked me questions to confirm the information on it. Second, was a typical behavioural interview.

2) personality assessment and CSR simulation - like all CSR interviews, this one included a multiple choice personality assessment. They are most likely looking for someone outgoing and enthusiastic. The Simulation was interesting; it was a flash game where you acted as a CSR and completed tasks such as processing a withdrawal, cheque deposit, etc. Makes sure to pay attention to things like number of characters in line, what they holding, the customer's names and addresses, as well as the amounts of money they state. Have a pen and paper ready.

3) They will then request an in-person interview at one of their branches with a manager.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Scotiabank?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had a bad customer experience and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to explain a complex concept to someone.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had a great customer service experience.   Answer Question
    • What's something your previous manager said you needed to improve upon?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I got a mail from HR with an attached link to do a video recording kind of video, I guess my performance was not satisfactory cos I got a mail from them after a week that they could not proceed with my application. One of the error I made was my video settings , the lighting was not so clear. Also I was kind of caught in the middle of the whole process as this is so new to me

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your self and your qualifications, how you handled a difficult customer ,your availability, salary expectation range etc   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

The whole process was short. Got called in through internal reference. Did not get position, but provided good feedback. Was interviewed by branch manager and customer service manager, interview last about 30 mins with standard behavioural questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. A lot of behavioral questions. Why Scotiabank ? What are your short and long term career goals ? Questions about your previous roles and employers as well as why you left each position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you took a negative situation and turned it into a positive one ?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

yet done with 2 steps. waiting for the link which was supposed to be sent after online interview. First round was pre recorded 8 questions. second was online interview. For third i am waiting, lets see.