Scotiabank Customer Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.7

106 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

I approached them at a job fair in Toronto and spoke with the recruiter there. They then contacted me for a phone interview. The phone interview was quite short and were all very basic questions which included my availability and basic behavioural questions.

After completing the phone interview I was asked to complete a behavioural survey which consisted mostly of questions involving how you would react to various situations and personality type questions. Finally I completed an online simulation which consisted of an experience with a few customers in various situations which are likely to occur in branch. It's very important to pay attention to detail during this and also take notes as it is happening.

Finally a little over a week after completing the process, I was called back by the recruiter from the phone interview and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a customer to use the online banking services?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

First there was a phone interview. I was then called into the branch for an in person interview where we went over my resume and other work experience as well as education. It was pretty informal, it seemed they just wanted to get to know me and see if I could handle myself in front of the customers.

Interview Questions

• What did you study in school?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

I failed in the video interview because I panicked while the black screen showing up after the count down. I thought that it's technical issues and closed the browser. However, when I login again, it goes to the 2nd one. I was totally giving up. *sight*

Interview Questions

• a regular 8 question set, like introducing yourself, availability, hours of work, conflict handling, previous supervisor suggestions, customer service experience, etc.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Video/Online interview with HR Representative who then assigned me to a branch location. Video/Online interview with HR Representative who then assigned me to a branch location. Video/Online interview with HR Representative who then assigned me to a branch location.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent customer service experience you had - good or bad, your choice and explain why accordingly.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was sent an email after two days to complete online video assessment. the test had about 8 questions. The questions wasn't so difficult but it just feels weird having to talk to yourself on a blank screen.

Interview Questions

• can you tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

it was first step of interview.
    I got an email from Scotia 2 days after I apply to do a video interview.
    You need to complete the interview within 3 days from the date you got an email.
    there were 8 questions took around 40 minutes.
    standard questions, but it was not easy to do video interview that no one is in front of me.
    Highly recommend to practice yourself with your laptop video cam.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

I applied online and they replied within 2 weeks which was surprisingly fast compared to any other banks. The 1rst interview I got was A video that you had to record online with a website they give you. It was easy. After a week, I got another reply saying that I got accepted for my 2nd interview with the HR online webcam wise. I did it, and I never gotten a reply yet and its gonna be a month soon. The HR said whether its positive reply or negative reply, I would get an answer, but I haven't get anything which is pretty sad.

Interview Questions

• Why scotiabank?
      How would you explain a customer to use online banking?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Standard interview questions were asked, nothing too difficult. Interview was done over the phone, recruiter was very friendly. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. Recruiter was genuine. Overall an enjoyable experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Web first round interview. Spend about 40 minutes. 8 questions. After applied online, the candidates supposed to received a confirmation email. About one week later, I received the email inform me to take web interview for the first round. If pass, HR will call the candidates to take the second round interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotiabank in June 2017.

Interview

A 10-15 minute interview call, where he asked some basic questions about how you would react in a situation and such. Then I received an e-mail to complete an online assessment which concluded a personal multiple-choice questionnaire and then a simulation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you came across an upset client? How would you handle the situation?   1 Answer