Scotiabank Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

2.9

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

First, HR phone screening. General talked about experience and certificate. Second, it was a webcam call. Wanted to gain a deeper understanding about the person. Third, met with two branch manager and one training manager at a branch. Answered a lot of behaviour and scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example of how you resolved customer complain.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

HR called me for on phone/ video interview. The Hr person was intimidating. Later she got back to me saying I dont have 2 years sales experience. She has no expression whats so ever. Didn't make the interview process ease. I have had interviews with outer HR person they made the process easy

Interview Questions

• going back to 10 years where you worked and the timeline   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Personality test, Phone interview - mostly behavioural questions about sales and leadership and in-person interview - mostly to test organisational fit, leadership skills, sales experience, how to handle customers and how to relate with colleagues

Interview Questions

• 1. Have you ever sold a product you didn't believe in to a customer   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

phone call to review experience and standard behavioural based questions, two interviews, once with hiring manager/panel interview and once with branch manager/assistant manager you will work directly for

Interview Questions

• Elaborate on your strengths and weaknesses and how they will help and hinder your performance in sales   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

This was a detailed interview with a lot of give and take - to felt more conversational. Hence, the interviewer made it a comfortable experience and took the time to ask about my experience and relevant qualifications suitable for the position.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone and was approx one hour. Recruiter was very nice/easy to speak with, and was asked a number of behavioral and situational type questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about previous sales experience, dealing with a tough customer and more along those lines. They want to know your values and beliefs align with theirs.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

I applied online and got a first phone interview in couple of days, it was a pre screening interview and took about 20mins, then I received an online assessment. After that I got second phone interview with example based questions. Final interview was personal and more behaviour question.

Interview Questions

• What if there is a client coming for new account but ids are sketchy, what you gonna do with it.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

the interview process was genuine and relevant. Each stage was important to select a suitable candidate for the organisation. Their questions were related to the job position and experience required. The situation questions were based on the day to day situation faced in the branch of the organisation.

Interview Questions

• Eever failed to achieve targets? How did you managed to co-operate with it?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Was called in for an interview. Met with three branch managers who conducted the interview. There was a variety of questions ranging from previous work experience to future scenarios that I would face as a Financial Advisor. I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• If you are not meeting the financial goals set by the bank, what will you do to change that?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Took over six months to get hired from the time they received my resume, to being offered a position. Screening interview from head office, then an interview with prospective boss. Not open to salary negotiation, sign on bonus or taking into account industry experience.