Scotiabank Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scotiabank Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.9

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone and was approx one hour. Recruiter was very nice/easy to speak with, and was asked a number of behavioral and situational type questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about previous sales experience, dealing with a tough customer and more along those lines. They want to know your values and beliefs align with theirs.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

I applied online and got a first phone interview in couple of days, it was a pre screening interview and took about 20mins, then I received an online assessment. After that I got second phone interview with example based questions. Final interview was personal and more behaviour question.

Interview Questions

• What if there is a client coming for new account but ids are sketchy, what you gonna do with it.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Was called in for an interview. Met with three branch managers who conducted the interview. There was a variety of questions ranging from previous work experience to future scenarios that I would face as a Financial Advisor. I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• If you are not meeting the financial goals set by the bank, what will you do to change that?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Took over six months to get hired from the time they received my resume, to being offered a position. Screening interview from head office, then an interview with prospective boss. Not open to salary negotiation, sign on bonus or taking into account industry experience.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank in November 2016.

Interview

easy and nice ask some basic questions first and then just some standard normal behaviral questions like why do you think this position is a good fit for you and so on.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

First, going through your experience for the past 10 years. very detailed.
    Second, behavior questions including: costumer service went above and beyond, a difficult situation, how do you plan to achieve at goal at work, what have you done successfully at work.
    Last, you will know your status by the end the phone interview whether they will proceed you with next step which is in person interview with peers and 4 managers.

Interview Questions

• How did you provide your service above average and beyond   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview went really well and asked me questions that which I prepared from the questions posted on their website. Very basic interview questions. But then she began asking me questions in French which made me struggle. Must be bilingual and not just know a little bit of French.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Did online Assessment,great place to work, can't wait to be called, i like there culture and friendly people, employee benefit is awesome. I want to work here because there is room for growth and i can have more experience. I hope i am selected with the help of God

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Process was straight forward and fast. Interviewer was friendly and explained the process clearly. It was in both languages English and French. First interview was over the phone and second interview was face-to-face with the hiring manager and the HR manager

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Process did not take very long to do, met with branch manager and went over situational questions. From the date of the interview to first day on training was about 1-2 weeks. Very relaxed environment, very nice and easy going. Depending on the area I would recommend asking for more $$ just based on the amount of work that is required, most days working overtime without pay just to get things done in the timeframe expected. Very fast pace environment.

Interview Questions

• They asked about leadership skills and collaboration with others.   Answer Question