Scotiabank Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scotiabank Intern Interview Questions

3.2

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

One 30-min interview on campus. Just basic questions about prior experience; run through resume. Two technical questions.The interviewer was very nice and helpful when it came to the technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Scotiabank

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

This process was conducted via campus hiring team. The scheduled one personal interview, although there was no information of the tentative salary in the job information.
    There was only one personal interview, they made the decision in one week. I got the conditional offer. They conducted the background check.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

I had to apply to the position online and was given an interview a few weeks after. However, they mixed up the position in the email at first which caused some problems.

Interview Questions

• What could you better yourself at?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

1. Networking event at school in late January. Human resource managers, Directors, alumni. Concentrate on the group that you are interested but make sure to make your rounds, make it a point to say hello to the Director organizing the event.

2. Submitted my application through a private link.
    I received the link from career services. I was not a public link.

3. 10 minute speed interview at school
    In a large room with about 10 other interviews ongoing. Basic fit questions.

4. 1-1.5hr panel interview with Director, Senior Manger, Manger.
    Very stressful interview. Behavioural and case questions.

Interview Questions

• Very pointed questions about my resume.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

very difficult process they had unfortunately used for me despite me just applying for an internship, 2 panels used, with 2 interviewers in each. VERY deep long interview process overall. only short and snappy answers will do as they are indeed very much time - restricted if u get what I mean here :(

Interview Questions

• how would u go about presenting something?
      3 global current News issues?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

It was a personal interview with H.R. staff in which I was asked what my goals were in the organization, to talk about my personal characteristics. I was asked if I could manage repetitive tasks.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Internal Audit Co-op and I had an interview with the director over the phone. The interview was fairly easy and basically went through my resume for the most part. Talked a little bit of current news, mainly the Greek debt crisis

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied and met with the director who was hiring; he was very friendly. We talked about my qualifications for the job and past experience that was on my resume, then he told me what the job I was applying for entailed. Overall it was a great experience and the work term went very well.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was different as I had already worked for Scotiabank as a co-op student in the past. Phone call was pretty standard. Had a second phone interview a month later. Then was invited to the office. Office interview was with a hiring manager and a team member. The team member asked a majority of the questions. Finally received offer from manager. Total time 2 months.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

Panel interview with 4 interviewees - 1 analyst, 1 senior analyst, 1 sr manager, 1 director

General behavioural questions and interests - if hired what would you want to do (as team was not decided at the time of hiring)

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do here in next 4 months?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Internships are hard to get in current situations, focus more on experience you get - rather than money