Scotiabank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scotiabank Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2018

271 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Credit Risk Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Fairly casual interview, more of a conversation than a structured, formal interview. Centered around fairly standard behavior questions, as well as in-depth questions on current position and employer, as well as previous relevant experiences.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to be your biggest challenge if hired   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Just one interview with 2 employees. They came to the campus were we met in an office to start the interview process. It took around 30 minutes to complete the interview. They reached out one week later that they already had chosen another candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my resume. Also about the market and what do I think about the current situation. And about a specific stock   Answer Question

IB Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotiabank in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through university. Had a phone interview with a couple of people. Interviews had some technical questions and some questions based on your resume. Technical ones were not very difficult.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I got this interview through my network of former colleagues. I was emailed directly from the hiring manager and went in to interview with the team. I have been following up with the manager directly with little contact from HR.

Summer Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was two rounds, with a Skype interview on campus for the first round. Questions were fairly straightforward, with a mix of behavioral and technical questions. The second round was at the company headquarters in New York. Scotia bank offered to reimburse me for the second round, but I contacted the recruiter several times and it's been over a year and I still have yet to get any reimbursement for my flight and hotel stay. Poor communication and lack of professionalism on HR's part.

Risks Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

I went to their on campus hiring event and applied online through our university website. I got an interview from the human resource. The first round was with human resource, and the second round was with two managers from related groups. Both the interviewers were very friendly and professional. Typical questions related to risk management and finance. It didn't take very long. I think it took us 30 to 40 minutes.

Equity Sales & Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I thought interview went well but I found two weeks later I wash't selected. It really wasn't to bad. Many of the questions were general. MD who interviewed me did ask some technical questions about the market and wanted to see if I had a basic understanding of CAPM...

Interview Questions

• 1st round = A lot of behavioral..A couple of market based questions but nothing very difficult.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center and got a phone call 2 weeks later and was scheduled for a phone interview with one of the analysts. The analyst was nice and asked a few technical questions over the phone. After given a short summary of the bank's history I was asked to pick a time for the following week to come in for an interview.
    On the interview day I met with the analyst (briefly), an associate director and one co-head (the other person was too busy to come interview me) of the team.
    There were no technical questions, although the co-head did give me a case study and asked for solutions to the problem.
    The people are very nice and laid back. They weren't there to give anyone a hard time and didn't pull anything nasty during the interview. The USA branch still seems quite small and, by hearing bits and pieces from them, it seems like there's a lot of turnovers and staff rotating.

The only thing that soured the process is that I never heard back from them. I would have expected some decency to let the candidate know that the position was filled, but I never got any responses to follow ups.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

They sent email to discuss the time of phone interview. And call at the time we scheduled. Then we have 10 mins conversation on the phone. After the interview I received the result right away

Interview Questions

• They started the interview with small talks. Actually they are asking me to introduce myself...it is difficult to realize that.   1 Answer
    • They ask me about the vacation...   Answer Question

Advisory Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their website and was called by the recruiter for initial phone screening. After passing that, I was invited to an hour long in-person interview at their downtown office. It was a panel of 2 people comprising of a Solution Architect and Senior Manager. This was a one-stage interview process.

Interview started with an open-ended discussion about my current and previous work experience. I was then asked to provide a summary of my technical skills and how they matched job requirements. They said that an ideal candidate would have strong cloud migration skills but maybe asked to do something very different if restructuring takes place in the company. I was asked if I knew something about accounting even though it has nothing to do with programming. Senior Manager seemed clueless and was reading my resume throughout the process to ask random questions. They also mentioned that while company follows traditional HR policies, career growth such as promotion will only be possible in case someone in a higher position leaves the company or moves to another position internally.

I was told that they'll let me know about the next steps after interviewing all other candidates. However, I found it absurd that none of the interviewers took any notes or recorded responses during the conversation. I am not sure how can they judge candidates at the time of making a decision without recording their responses during interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about accounting terms such as AR/GL?   Answer Question