Scotiabank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Scotiabank Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

Credit Risk Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

Fairly casual interview, more of a conversation than a structured, formal interview. Centered around fairly standard behavior questions, as well as in-depth questions on current position and employer, as well as previous relevant experiences.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to be your biggest challenge if hired   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Just one interview with 2 employees. They came to the campus were we met in an office to start the interview process. It took around 30 minutes to complete the interview. They reached out one week later that they already had chosen another candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my resume. Also about the market and what do I think about the current situation. And about a specific stock   Answer Question

IB Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotiabank in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through university. Had a phone interview with a couple of people. Interviews had some technical questions and some questions based on your resume. Technical ones were not very difficult.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I got this interview through my network of former colleagues. I was emailed directly from the hiring manager and went in to interview with the team. I have been following up with the manager directly with little contact from HR.

Risks Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

I went to their on campus hiring event and applied online through our university website. I got an interview from the human resource. The first round was with human resource, and the second round was with two managers from related groups. Both the interviewers were very friendly and professional. Typical questions related to risk management and finance. It didn't take very long. I think it took us 30 to 40 minutes.

Equity Sales & Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I thought interview went well but I found two weeks later I wash't selected. It really wasn't to bad. Many of the questions were general. MD who interviewed me did ask some technical questions about the market and wanted to see if I had a basic understanding of CAPM...

Interview Questions

• 1st round = A lot of behavioral..A couple of market based questions but nothing very difficult.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center and got a phone call 2 weeks later and was scheduled for a phone interview with one of the analysts. The analyst was nice and asked a few technical questions over the phone. After given a short summary of the bank's history I was asked to pick a time for the following week to come in for an interview.
    On the interview day I met with the analyst (briefly), an associate director and one co-head (the other person was too busy to come interview me) of the team.
    There were no technical questions, although the co-head did give me a case study and asked for solutions to the problem.
    The people are very nice and laid back. They weren't there to give anyone a hard time and didn't pull anything nasty during the interview. The USA branch still seems quite small and, by hearing bits and pieces from them, it seems like there's a lot of turnovers and staff rotating.

The only thing that soured the process is that I never heard back from them. I would have expected some decency to let the candidate know that the position was filled, but I never got any responses to follow ups.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

I applied online and they replied within 2 weeks which was surprisingly fast compared to any other banks. The 1rst interview I got was A video that you had to record online with a website they give you. It was easy. After a week, I got another reply saying that I got accepted for my 2nd interview with the HR online webcam wise. I did it, and I never gotten a reply yet and its gonna be a month soon. The HR said whether its positive reply or negative reply, I would get an answer, but I haven't get anything which is pretty sad.

Interview Questions

• Why scotiabank?
      How would you explain a customer to use online banking?
      Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

I applied through campus recruitment, and was contacted for an interview via email. We set up a time for skype interview. Did not get the offer, and they let me know many weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between generalized linear model and general linear model?   Answer Question
    • Given a parameter you would like to optimize the function. What is the first thing you want to do   Answer Question

Manager, Pricing Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The whole interview took an hour, and it is between the senior manger and me. The interview primary focus on the technical side of the job. Since the position focus on how to segment the existing customer and whether approval the mortgage or not, hence the interview don't have too much behaviour questions.

And the senior manager is really nice, and she can explain the question really clear.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you reduce the dataset for clustering analyzing?
      Q: What is the general approach for k-mean cluster algorithm?
      Answer Question